Demian Maia Said it would Be An Honour to fight Nick Diaz

its always an honor to fight a martial artist like Nick Diaz. Kids these days wouldn't understand.. too busy obsessing about mens personalities.

I doubt Nick comes out of his "retirement" to fight a probable bad maychup like Maia. Maia by UD is the most likely outcome here.

However, Nick did stuff 7 of GSP's 16 takedowns - better TDD than pretty much anyone else but Kos at WW would have.

The question is, is that really Nick having great TDD (which he did show vs. Sherk) - or is it because GSP was sick and gassed early?

Did Nick's defense cause GSP to gas, or was it just sickness?

If Nick really does have that level of TDD now, then he has a great shot against Maia.
I'm still disappointed we never got Maia vs Palhares at MW.

Even though Maia is world class on the ground, Nick has never been subbed and has the far better standup. Interesting fight.
Yeah, I really wanted to see Maia vs. Palhares.

Maia's striking is kind of underrated though. Nick is certainly better, but Maia survived Anderson (almost unheard of) and alnost KOed Munoz.

Anderson also admitted he was surprised by Maia's power, and Wand who has trained with Maia also says in interviews that Maia hits a lot harder than people think.

No way Maia subs him..seriously this hype is getting out of control, who was the last bjj bb he sub'd? Story??? Chael??? lol

I like both guys but I'm inclined to think Nick would win. I could see him stuffing Maia's TDs and smashing him on the feet with his boxing.

Nick's advantage on the feet is greater than Maia's on the ground I think.

everybody is saying DM takes this easy. I think DM is better right now at this weight class, but I agree with you, ND on his feet could pick him apart, and DM isnt a guy with unstoppable td's. I would pay to see this fight is what I am saying.

Maia gets jabbed to death, this fight is a one sided decision Nicks way.

No way Maia subs him..seriously this hype is getting out of control, who was the last bjj bb he sub'd? Story??? Chael??? lol
Wait, Maia's BJJ is hype now? Is that what Sherdog is currently sporting?

awesome at what ? holding on for dear life, avoiding the fight ?
Avoiding the fight...? WTF?

Just because he failed to sub Fitch - universally considered to have some of the best sub D in the sport - that doesn't mean he was avoiding the fight.

Maia was never "holding on" to Fitch, he constantly looked for the sub for the whole time they were on the ground.

He utterly schooled Fitch anyway. I barely remember Fitch landing a strike.

I think Diaz might be able to keep it on the feet and grind it out, but it's hard to truly believe it.

I think Maia would probably win a UD but Diaz's cardio could be a MAJOR factor in that fight.

wow bad fight for Diaz if it happens. Give Diaz a striker!! Want to see someone bang with him

Back