DeGale vs Jack

DeGale is like a discount Calzaghe with crappy defense. The guy lacks serious power and Callum Smith is gonna hurt him bad.

Tremendous heart though

I'm not sold on Callum Smith either. He's looked really pedestrian against domestic level opponents.

That was a fight!

I am not mad at the draw. Partly because Jack hit DeGale after the bell in every other damn round of the fight and apparently he's allowed to throw all the low blows he wants. It was pretty close overall. A split decision either way would have been fine too.

Jack will get killed at 175 though. He doesn't have the power or chin for that nonsense and his style of just standing there and trying to slowly break guys down to the body will get him hurt badly and often.

That was a fight!

I am not mad at the draw. Partly because Jack hit DeGale after the bell in every other damn round of the fight and apparently he's allowed to throw all the low blows he wants. It was pretty close overall. A split decision either way would have been fine too.

Jack will get killed at 175 though. He doesn't have the power or chin for that nonsense and his style of just standing there and trying to slowly break guys down to the body will get him hurt badly and often.
175 is a great weight class/

Jack should fight the winner of Marcus Browne vs Tom "Top Dog" Williams. I think he will tool Marcus Browne. He can also fight Edwin "Just Bleed" Rodriguez on PBC. Good fights

Theres also Radivoje Kaliqwrojorwij, Joe Smith, Adonis, Ward, Stevenson. He loses to these guys.

175 is a great weight class/

Jack should fight the winner of Marcus Browne vs Tom "Top Dog" Williams. I think he will tool Marcus Browne. He can also fight Edwin "Just Bleed" Rodriguez on PBC. Good fights

Theres also Radivoje Kaliqwrojorwij, Joe Smith, Adonis, Ward, Stevenson. He loses to these guys.

Jack's style plus his frame makes going up a horrible idea. He is already pretty much a slugger without a big punch. His body work wins him fights. At 175 against the top 10 guys he gets eaten alive. Going up when he is a legit champ and fighting journeymen type guys would just be stupid.

Showtime once again proving they are better than HBO. Aleem vs khytrov is a FOTY candidate.

I'm not sold on Callum Smith either. He's looked really pedestrian against domestic level opponents.

I think Callum fights much better when the fight matters more e.g. Fielding & Mohoumadi.

Terrible scoring. Again.

Judges seem to favour the guy throwing flashy combos to the arms rather than the guy defending well, countering with hurtful shots and breaking his opponent down. 114 -112 Degale? GTFO.

Degale is vastly overrated IMO - great speed, but not overly powerful and low fight IQ. Seems to believe his own hype too.

Great fight, shitty result.

Terrible scoring. Again.

Judges seem to favour the guy throwing flashy combos to the arms rather than the guy defending well, countering with hurtful shots and breaking his opponent down. 114 -112 Degale? GTFO.

Degale is vastly overrated IMO - great speed, but not overly powerful and low fight IQ. Seems to believe his own hype too.

Great fight, shitty result.
I saw it pretty wide for Jack with 2 rounds that could have gone either way.

I don't see how anyone gave Degale 6 + rounds.

Showtime once again proving they are better than HBO. Aleem vs khytrov is a FOTY candidate.
Agree Showtime > HBO hard.

Its a shame HBO wastes all their budget on Jan 28 to counter-program Showtime, with another title fight in the same weight class, and will probably beat Showtime in the ratings.

I saw it pretty wide for Jack with 2 rounds that could have gone either way.

I don't see how anyone gave Degale 6 + rounds.

If Jack hadn't scored the knockdown, Degale would have taken it by UD - can you imagine?!

The final post fight interview killed the momentum tho, especially with Floyd saying this is bad for boxing, when we just had like 5 great boxing matches in a row

Yeah and not long ago Floyd was the one putting on fights casual boxing fans thought were boring, thus pushing them away from the sport. Ironic he said it was bad for boxing...

Agree Showtime > HBO hard.

Its a shame HBO wastes all their budget on Jan 28 to counter-program Showtime, with another title fight in the same weight class, and will probably beat Showtime in the ratings.
yea, they hurt each others ratings when they do that.

yea, they hurt each others ratings when they do that.
It sucks because I want to watch Frampton/Santa, but Francisco Vargas/Belchelt on HBO has #justbleed written all over it. HBO also got Takashi Miura vs Roman as co-main event while Sho has Mikey Garcia vs Dejan.

and then HBO whines about having no money and charges Cotto/Kirkland PPV. Its bullshit and HBO needs to either shape up or cuck itself to Showtime.

IMG_7247.JPG All 3 judges gave the 10th and 11th to Degale. Bizarre.

Great fight. (I had to watch the West feed tonight-- so it just finished)

The sho stats at the end seemed off compared to the way I saw it.. It'd be interesting to see the round by round breakdown.

Great card tbh.

Anywhoo, I had Jack edging it out, but I'm A-OK with a draw. There were some easy to score rounds, and some very back and forth rounds.

The only disappointment was Floyd and DeGale on the post fight. Gracious as always.
DeGale losses part of his grill and keeps on coming. Bit of a wanker, but he's a tough fucker.

OF course Jack had issues making weight, he's fighting directly after Christmas and New Years FFS. You KNOW that man ain't passing on the Turkey.. LHW is a horrid idea for him.

The only disappointment was Floyd and DeGale on the post fight. Gracious as always.
DeGale losses part of his grill and keeps on coming. Bit of a wanker, but he's a tough fucker.
I agree. Jonathan Snowden (best MMA reporter) summed it perfectly. Floyd saying that can really make people forget what was a night of a full stacked AMERICAN boxing card with great fights.

Missed it, will definitely watch when available.

Missed it, will definitely watch when available.
Not just the main event. You have to watch literally all of the fights, including the undercard. It felt like an actual UFC card, where all the fights were stacked, evenly matched, and good.

Back