vs

#2 Badou Jack (20-1-2, 12 KO's)
----------------------

12 rounds IBF JLW title-

#7 Jose Pedraza (22-0, 12 KO's)

vs

Gervonta Davis (16-0, 15 KO's)

1/14 6:30 PST/ 7:30 MST/ 8:30 CST/ 9:30 EST Showtime

De gale to do just enough (which always seems to be the case) to win a close decision! I think he's a better fighter than many give him credit for, he's just fairly lazy!

Degale is more talented and looks amazing in the first 5-6 rounds, but I'm not betting against jack again since he's proven me wrong in every recent fight

Talented, lazy fighter who might have engine issues versus an over-achiever who just won't stop working.

Incredibly tough fight to call. DeGale might be the better puncher but Jack seems to score more knockdowns than he should (via right hands) for a supposed arm-puncher.

I wanna watch it, would not bet on it in a million years. Really good match-up.

Pedraza-Davis is a fight I'm looking forward to

Even though Floyd has said Davis is his best prospect I consider this a huge step in competition for Davis

Talented, lazy fighter who might have engine issues versus an over-achiever who just won't stop working.

Incredibly tough fight to call. DeGale might be the better puncher but Jack seems to score more knockdowns than he should (via right hands) for a supposed arm-puncher.

I wanna watch it, would not bet on it in a million years. Really good match-up.

DeGale is definitely lazy enough to lose to Jack. DeGale might be the more talented fighter, but Jack is sound fundamentally and very consistent with his workrate. Jack is a fighter who I had more or less written off going into the Dirrell fight, and he's done nothing but impress me and make damn good fights since then. This will establish a new lineage at SMW.

I'm a bit surprised to see Mayweather throw Davis in with Pedraza this soon, but I do like to see it. Pedraza isn't exceptional or anything, but he's a decent fighter and a real step up. Two very interesting fights.

This is a fight that shouldn't be so far under the radar, and one I'm confused about why it hasn't happened already when both fighters wanted it.

Glad to see a proper match up and a title unification happen. Hopefully this is far more common throughout 2017 than it was this year.

I like DeGale a lot in this one. Either by wide decision or late stoppage. Much better fighter than Jack.

Marcus Browne vs Thomas Wiliams added to the card.

I hope Top Dog beats his ass, but I think Browne is gonna outbox him or get another gift decision

EDIT: NM, its the Broner/Granados card

I wish it were this coming weekend :)

I'm picking Jack in what I consider to be a mild upset. Not knocking DeGale, he's a very good boxer, and he just may outclass Badou, but Badou has seemed to be much improved over the last year and a half or so, and I think he can make enough contact to seal the deal.

Jack is a fighter who I had more or less written off going into the Dirrell fight, and he's done nothing but impress me and make damn good fights since then. This will establish a new lineage at SMW.
Me too. I really thought he was a hype job getting attention for a Mayweather association but he's looked better and better since the Dirrell fight. I thought he beat Bute pretty clear too.

DeGale awkward style will confuse Jack, think it was a 50/50 fight.
However, now that Jack is no longer with Eddie Mustafa, might be an easier win for DeGale.
Lou Del Valle is now Jack's chief second.

Could be competitive. I wouldn't go crazy on it, but I think Jack has value as a +250 betting underdog.

I think Tank's athleticism and power will give Pedraza problems early, however I think he will overcome that as the fight goes on and his length and experience will take over.

future MW goat jack will win this fight without any real trouble

My money is on Jack straight up and some stabs on Jack winning by split and majority decision, hedged with DeGale by split decision. Plus a few bucks on a split and majority draw outcome.

Back