DeGale vs Jack

always though us boxing needed Eddie Hearn but that was pussy shit, should have taken that mike and defended his man but he pussied out.

Had it 116/112 jack. great fight
Eddie knew DeGale lost. I was watching him in the crowd and he had no intention of talking.

DeGale made it awkward by calling out Eddie in the interview

Thought degale was more active and built up a lead early especially with that kd but jack really found a way to have all the momentum on his side by the final bell. Jack should have won but the kd came back to haunt him.
It was a fantastic fight though regardless of the outcome.

I thought Jack won as well. Just a lot of somewhat close rounds. For some reason, I feel judges favor an awkward style, over the more technically sound style of Jack. Pretty stupid IMO. But they score one awkward uppercut or hook, more than a jab-jab-right-body shot-jab, some of which arent so clean, or flashy
Judges tend to favor clean shots to the head sometimes, too. I was giving JAck rounds based on body shots sometimes.

Suprised Jack wants to go to 175. Stevenson looks twice as thick, and Kova looks a few inches taller and longer. Ward is a similar size, but much more skilled

Suprised Jack wants to go to 175. Stevenson looks twice as thick, and Kova looks a few inches taller and longer. Ward is a similar size, but much more skilled
Stupid move IMO. His style isn't going to work well against bigger and bigger guys. He don't have much power at this weight.

Stevenson is a small LHW but I think his power would be too much for jack but not a terrible matchup, someone like beterbiev would eat jack for lunch

Think a draw is a fair result.
Had jack not got that knock down i had degale winning by two rounds.
So i think its pretty much spot on.

Amazing night of fights. See what you get when you dont put on mismatches?

Jan 28 Frampton vs Santa and Mikey vs Dejan is gonna be amazing too.

The final post fight interview killed the momentum tho, especially with Floyd saying this is bad for boxing, when we just had like 5 great boxing matches in a row

this score was worse than the kovalev/ward score but we wont see 500 threads will we

Callum Smith must be pissed because now hes fighting DeGale for 1 belt not 2

Lets hope Showtime continues to deliver and improve their ratings. Their Mares/Cuellar card was also amazing, but got shitty ratings.

This is much better than anything HBO has done.

Degale should thank his lucky stars he got away with that one.

Degale should thank his lucky stars he got away with that one.
DeGale is like a discount Calzaghe with crappy defense. The guy lacks serious power and Callum Smith is gonna hurt him bad.

Tremendous heart though

GGG should think of fighting at 168 I think he'd beat these guys up easily

Back