DeGale vs Jack

Not just the main event. You have to watch literally all of the fights, including the undercard. It felt like an actual UFC card, where all the fights were stacked, evenly matched, and good.
Lol at all UFC cards being stacked and evenly matched.

good fight that

i thought Jack did enough to win, although i felt DeGale pinched a few rounds with flashy endings

the only real complaint i have is that there isnt going to be a rematch

and someone else got it spot on, Jack was landing low and late a fair bit and nothing really got said

I had it pretty clear for Degale. 7-5 in my book. Good fight but surprised to see all the love for Jack here

What a wonderful fight guys. When I get to see fights like these, I forget all the BS this sport produces and just enjoy it.

Jack won that fight. This is why boxing is slowly dying. Corruption, bad judging etc.

Good close fight, I thought Jack won but no arguments on the actual result because it was close.

And here come the heavies to say boxing is dying while they wheel the corpse of bj penn out to headline a card.

terrible decision imo, it was a pretty clear jack victory i thought. degale was having all of his punches blocked even in the early rounds. jack landed more cleanly throughout the entire fight. if i remember correctly the compubox numbers they showed at the end of the fight had jack outlanding degale by 60 or so punches, thats quite a lot and in terms of power i'd say they were at the very least equal with jack possibly being ahead even on that.

this fight made me lose 10 bucks lol

Last edited:
Definately had Jack winning this one but the draw is far from the scandal the swedish papers tried to make it.

Eddie knew DeGale lost. I was watching him in the crowd and he had no intention of talking.

DeGale made it awkward by calling out Eddie in the interview

Eddie standing back like that was strange even if he thought DeGale lost. He should've been in there countering Floyd!

I'm not sold on Callum Smith either. He's looked really pedestrian against domestic level opponents.

Smith is a funny one, cos I've seen him look pedestrian, as you said, then other times I've seen him pick his shot beautifully and look like he's ready to step up a notch.

Showtime is replaying it now

I had it a draw, some fans have a really childish habit of calling any decision they don't agree with a "robbery" when they so happen to like one fighter more than the other.

All 3 judges gave the 10th and 11th to Degale. Bizarre.
Because he won those rounds.

Great start for the new year
Now can't wait to see Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz Will this be another defeat for #europeantakeover ?

if i remember correctly the compubox numbers they showed at the end of the fight had jack outlanding degale by 60 or so punches,l
Not by 60 punches, but by 6 punches.

degale-jack-compubox.jpg

I had it 6-5 for jack going into the 12 but degale won rounds 10 and 11 and I thought he was going to win the 12, then he went down and I figured that sealed the deal. 114-112 degale surprised me. 113-113 were okay I guess.

Lol at all UFC cards being stacked and evenly matched.
Boxing should hire Joe Rogan to say the word "stacked" before every PPV so MMA fans would believe the cards were better than they are.

Definately had Jack winning this one but the draw is far from the scandal the swedish papers tried to make it.
The shitty thing is that Jack got a draw against Bute in a fight that he clearly won too. He's 0-0-2 in his last two fights that most fans thought he won. That hurts his career and lessens his power at the negotiating table for big fights. Its not right.

The fight was close enough that I don't like the word robbery here either. But I don't see how anyone could find 7 rounds in that fight for Degale.

Thoughts on Gervonta Davis? I liked him. Seems like hes gonna be a really good fighter

Not by 60 punches, but by 6 punches.

degale-jack-compubox.jpg
This is average per round, not the total punch stats and it looks like you only counted power punches. Look at the average jab numbers.

ESPN has the total punch numbers as 172 of 617 thrown for Degale and 231 of 745 for Jack. Jack threw more, landed more and at a higher percentage. Jack dominated the punch stats category, but to be fair, that doesn't really tell us what happened round by round.

Last edited:
Back