DC comments on the loss.

• Thread starter Significance Deficit
  • Start date
eat all the popeyes and cupcake DC. you still a bad motherfucker.
lost my shit when he tossed barnett like a bag of leaves.

Very very interesting....As a fan of his that wanted him to win both times, I was curious about what tone he would take, and whether he would "accept" Jones.

And he didn't.

I was curious if he would come out and straight up say something like, "Jon, this 'rivalry' of ours have made us better, and it truly took someone like you to raise me to a new level."

Instead, he refers to Jones in the third-person the entire time - congratulating "Jones and his team." Notice how he never speaks directly to Jones, nothing even simple as, "Jon, congrats," or "you're truly a great fighter." No, it's more past tense/third person/impersonal approach: "I want to congratulate team Jones." Hell, he even spoke to Big John DIRECTLY.

This is not a criticism on DC, but more of my backhanded way to tell the dumbasses out there that the severe disdain he had for Jones was not MANUFACTURED.
He said in the post fight interview, if you lose to the same guy twice, there is no rivalry. What more do you want?

giphy.gif

DC, you're absolutely amazing. Much respect. Wish him all the best in the future.

I'm glad that he's now addressed the loss now that his head is clear(er).

I hope he recovers well from the fight whether that's to do commentating/analyst positions full time or continue MMA. If the latter I really hope he takes a good 9 months to a year off, that was a brutal KO.

Love DC and have much respect for this true warrior.

Cormier doesn't deserve to be mocked for putting his health on the line and then baring his soul in front of millions of people.

I despise that this face is being made fun of, call me over dramatic I don't care. That was hard to watch.

Internet tough guys just like cockroaches, whatcha gonna do

Cormier doesn't deserve to be mocked for putting his health on the line and then baring his soul in front of millions of people.

I despise that this face is being made fun of, call me over dramatic I don't care. That was hard to watch.

BKLfm7UCcAEozHz.jpg

<mma1>bork1}

Not a question of soft household. I'm military raised. Come from a pretty hardcore upbringing and watching that was very hard to watch. You've either never played any sports at a high level and had to deal with coming up just short. He poured his heart and soul into this camp and fight and was fighting super well and may have been on his way to a win until one mistake. DC is the man, he will gain his focus back and continue to be one of the best fighters we've ever seen.

Can't be that hardcore of an upbringing if regular human emotion is difficult for you to witness.

Good on him. He didn't behave well in the heat of the moment, but it's understandable. He's now making It right.

Glad hes finally said something, he should go back to HW now.

Notice how he kind of congratulates Jones` team more than Jones himself. "Team Jones and JacksonWink", "THEY did a phenomenal job".. etc.

The bitterness is still there..
Noticed this, he never actually congratulated jones. He still hates him lol

I completely feel you on this post. It would be awesome if they came out of this as friends, and genuinely buried the hatchet, and even possibly become training partners, and camp mates on occasion? That would be amazing. How much each could learn from either guy. Their games would reach the highest level.
BKLfm7UCcAEozHz.jpg

DC is amazing.
Unfortunately, he is living in the Jones era.
If Jones wasn't around, he would be getting his due praise.
I've been a big fan of this guy from the start.
I'm a big Jones fan, too.
What a fight!

If it were wee tears of pity, or even humility, I would say it could be mocked, but this seems something deeper. When you look at why Cormier started MMA, to just fight off the depression from his child's death, you then feel like turd in the punch bowl for mocking him. The DC Story is very different than all I know. Ye, we all have problems and storied lives but his type of pain is said to be the hardest a person can experience in life.

Heck, even when Ronda was crying, I felt sympathy and I think she's a spoiled bitch. It's one thing to like the idea of someone learning a valuable lesson but another entirely to be devoid of empathy at seeing a human suffer. Without empathy, we are still living in caves and in the jungle.

Last edited:
Back