DC comments on the loss.

• Thread starter Significance Deficit
  • Start date
Best of luck to DC. No reason to hang his head, he is one tough SOB.

I think he's really equally as good as Jones, just that it's a terrible style matchup for DC.
Likewise I think rumble would be a tougher fight for Jones than he was for DC

Fuck the haters.

Both men were all class, Jones chose to be humble and not gloat and DC apologized for his way of acting after such a devastating loss. It's sad that some fans will talk bad about DC because he cried and acted weird after the loss even though the man literally just took a shin to the head and then 5 unanswered shots to the temple.

Cormier doesn't deserve to be mocked for putting his health on the line and then baring his soul in front of millions of people.

I despise that this face is being made fun of, call me over dramatic I don't care. That was hard to watch.
After watching the overhead camera angle of after the KO I have come to the conclusion that it was fucked up that they wouldn't let the man leave the cage.

The fight was over. He lost, at that point anything that happened regarding D.C. Could have happened backstage and D.C. Was walking well enough that (with help if needed) he could have made it backstage and received medical attention and consolation OFF CAMERA.

I say this as a total sadist. I fully admit to enjoying the full spectrum of emotions MMA touches upon, including the agony of defeat and the humble destruction of dreams, but I also as a man, recognize that there is a state of mind, which I have experienced- even when severely impaired, in which you known the best thing is for you to NOT be in plain view of the public.

D.C. Tried to leave and process his emotions in private and was denied that right and to make matters worse had a microphone and camera thrust in his face when he was physically aNd emotionally destroyed and concussed and that was flat out wrong.

Hopefully the UFC learn from this. Long ago they learned to pan their live feed away from the KOed fighter, next step is to leave them alone to not have to be interviewed while concussed and not fully in command of their facilities and emotions.

I would've preferred him to take an approach like that, and acknowledge Jones as a person. I'm a schmuck for these rivalry stories in sports, and it's goose-bump provoking when two competitors, who really and truly competed out of hate and tried to take each others head off, come out on the other side of the rivalry as "friends". Ali and Frazier, Magic and Bird etc. But there's still time for that, and even if DC never gets there, that's fine too. He still seems to take the loss as a man.

Yeah I agree, and this is especially after the way Jones handled the post fight.

I gotta admit, of all the outcomes after this fight, me finally BECOMING A JON JONES FAN wasn't one of them.

And now I am. It was his lack of class that always held me back from being a fan, but the words he said to DC (unlike the first time) felt so genuine that he finally earned my respect.

In hindsight, it's totally clear that at some point in the past year, Jon actually no longer disliked DC. He saw him as more of a minor annoynace (no disrespect). That explains his jokey, calm demeanor; barely having any insults, but more laughing him off, the way you might laugh off your little brother who seems to have taken a blood oath to murder you, but you know he can't, and you ain't even mad at him because you don't perceive him as a threat, so you just sorta laugh it off, make jokes, etc. So in hindsight, Jones' response after the fight should've been obvious to anyone who paid attention to the clues (which I didn't).

One last analogy, and this will sound like me dissing DC, but I swear I'm not......look at it from Jon's perspective. Here you've got a pudgy, short, 43 year old man (I'm exaggerating to make a point), who's constantly raging out on you, that you KNOW you are 3.8x better than, as a fighter. You'd pretty much be calm and jovial too. It's kind of comical (from his perspective). And add to that the fact that DC sorta has a "corny" way to talk trash (I find it endearing), and this whole hatred is now all of a sudden one sided. He was no longer at a point that he could "hate" someone like that. There was NO DOUBT that Jon would've shook his hand, win or lose.

I hope DC wins like 4 more in a row against top competition, so he can cement himself as an alltime great for any idiots who are such Jon nuthuggers, that they let their emotion cloud their judgement about how fucking great DC is.

The same way I let my emotions cloud my judgement of Jones.

Last edited:
Glad he's ok. Felt bad for him last nite. They both did a great job.

What I would expect from DC. Great man. Fuck those who hate on this.

daniel-cormier-crying.jpg
Ken Flo and Bisping are going to keep that handy to weaponize against DC on UFC Tonight.

DC: showing real class. Hope to see him back again soon, but if he decided to retire, I would understand it. He's had a very successful career. Not everyone vanquishes their rivals, even some of the greats.

Yeah I agree, and this is especially after the way Jones handled the post fight.

I gotta admit, of all the outcomes after this fight, me finally BECOMING A JON JONES FAN wasn't one of them.

And now I am. It was his lack of class that always held me back from being a fan, but the words he said to DC (unlike the first time) felt so genuine that he finally earned my respect.

In hindsight, it's totally clear that at some point in the past year, Jon actually no longer disliked DC. He saw him as more of a minor annoynace (no disrespect). That explains his jokey, calm demeanor; barely having any insults, but more laughing him off, the way you might laugh off your little brother who seems to have taken a blood oath to murder you, but you know he can't, and you ain't even mad at him because you don't perceive him as a threat, so you just sorta laugh it off, make jokes, etc. So in hindsight, Jones' response after the fight should've been obvious to anyone who paid attention to the clues (which I didn't).

One last analogy, and this will sound like me dissing DC, but I swear I'm not......look at it from Jon's perspective. Here you've got a pudgy, short, 43 year old man (I'm exaggerating to make a point), who's constantly raging out on you, that you KNOW you are 3.8x better than, as a fighter. You'd pretty much be calm and jovial too. It's kind of comical (from his perspective).

I hope DC wins like 4 more in a row against top competition, so he can cement himself as an alltime great for any idiots who are such Jon nuthuggers, that they let their emotion cloud their judgement about how fucking great DC is.

The same way I let my emotions cloud my judgement of Jones.
didnt-read.gif

How is it hard to watch!?

Thank god i didn't grow up in whatever soft household you did.
Not a question of soft household. I'm military raised. Come from a pretty hardcore upbringing and watching that was very hard to watch. You've either never played any sports at a high level and had to deal with coming up just short. He poured his heart and soul into this camp and fight and was fighting super well and may have been on his way to a win until one mistake. DC is the man, he will gain his focus back and continue to be one of the best fighters we've ever seen.

It made my day reading this. I really hope he wrote it, and that he is able to overcome this loss. This man has done so much in wrestling and MMA, and has overcome such a horrible life.

Back