DC comments on the loss.

• Thread starter Significance Deficit
  • Start date
Clearly he had no idea what happened after KO. As soon as he got his head right he said how he really felt. Tragic ending to his championship, but still hats off to DC for not turning into Ronda.

Great comments. Very classy.

He has no reason to be upset. I'll still support him.

I also hope Jon Jones remains humble and grateful. Both guys can become better people for having had each others' rivalry

What a fucking boss he is, imo he is the only guy who can beat jones

i don't know what to make of that. i wouldn't be surprised if that was his last fight.

. I'm a schmuck for these rivalry stories in sports, and it's goose-bump provoking when two competitors, who really and truly competed out of hate and tried to take each others head off, come out on the other side of the rivalry as "friends". Ali and Frazier, Magic and Bird etc. But there's still time for that, and even if DC never gets there, that's fine too. He still seems to take the loss as a man.

Unfortunately, Ali and Frazier never really became friends. Frazier was bitter until the end for how Ali had treated him, hence his notorious phone message.

I would've preferred him to take an approach like that, and acknowledge Jones as a person. I'm a schmuck for these rivalry stories in sports, and it's goose-bump provoking when two competitors, who really and truly competed out of hate and tried to take each others head off, come out on the other side of the rivalry as "friends". Ali and Frazier, Magic and Bird etc. But there's still time for that, and even if DC never gets there, that's fine too. He still seems to take the loss as a man.

Ali and Frazier? Ali and Frazier were friends who became enemies because of Ali's antics trying to promote the fight. Frazier held on to his animosity against Ali until his death.

Cormier doesn't deserve to be mocked for putting his health on the line and then baring his soul in front of millions of people.

I despise that this face is being made fun of, call me over dramatic I don't care. That was hard to watch.

This wonderful approach would be well received if everyone was getting the benefit of this compassion but this is not the case and we know it. Some people need to man up and so should fighters. If people can taunt Rashad and cry about Jones every day, then anything should be fair game.

I would have truly liked to see that same compassion with Rashad, and even with half the hate other fighters get but that is never the case.

I am hoping this compassion will become a regular for every fighter but we know better.

Last edited:
If jones can be mocked if he had gotten knocked the F out, then Cormier can get mocked. This wonderful approach would apply if everyone is getting the benefit of this compassion and not cherry picking fighters but I rarely see that. I would have liked to see that same compassion with Rashad, and even with half the hate other fighters get.

I am hoping this compassion is for every fighter under the umbrella but somehow I dont think that is.

This is just my opinion, I've never disrespected a fighter that's got ko'd and shown there emotions. For example: As a mcgregor fan, seeing how hurt Aldo was after that ko took away some of the joy from that win.

I get your criticism but this is sherdog.. The internet.. I'm just happy a lot of people on here feel the same way about this at least.

Notice how he kind of congratulates Jones` team more than Jones himself. "Team Jones and JacksonWink", "THEY did a phenomenal job".. etc.

The bitterness is still there..

He congratulated Jones twice you little bitch. Learn to read

Back