DC comments on the loss.

• Thread starter Significance Deficit
  • Start date
I don't hold the post fight stuff against him because he clearly didn't know wtf was going on, but DC lost me as a fan with all his shit talk before the fight. I don't know how you can call a man who beat you, fair and square, a bitch. Whether he was "sinking to Jones' level" or not is irrelevant.

DC should have kept the high ground and been a class act all the way through. If that was the case I would have been rooting for him, but as it was he acted the foil and then got his ass best for a SECOND time by Jones. Of course he's all class now, what other choice does he have?

If jones can be mocked if he had gotten knocked the F out, then Cormier can get mocked. This wonderful approach would be well received if everyone was getting the benefit of this compassion but this is not the case. Some people need to man up and take their just deserts for their taunting, insults and bad behavior and so should cormier.

I would have truly liked to see that same compassion with Rashad, and even with half the hate other fighters get.

I am hoping this compassion is for every fighter under the umbrella but somehow I dont think that is.

Some of us have always hated this shoop/meme internet culture, where one of the worst moments of someone's life can be turned into a punchline by losers on the internet who have lost all compassion and empathy as their social life increasingly consists of looking at a computer screen. It's sickening and a sign of an ongoing devolution in the way that human beings interact with one another. I'd say that regardless of who got knocked out.

Glad to see that there are still some people around who realize how shitty it is though.

Very very interesting....As a fan of his that wanted him to win both times, I was curious about what tone he would take, and whether he would "accept" Jones.

And he didn't.

I was curious if he would come out and straight up say something like, "Jon, this 'rivalry' of ours have made us better, and it truly took someone like you to raise me to a new level."

Instead, he refers to Jones in the third-person the entire time - congratulating "Jones and his team." Notice how he never speaks directly to Jones, nothing even simple as, "Jon, congrats," or "you're truly a great fighter." No, it's more past tense/third person/impersonal approach: "I want to congratulate team Jones." Hell, he even spoke to Big John DIRECTLY.

This is not a criticism on DC, but more of my backhanded way to tell the dumbasses out there that the severe disdain he had for Jones was not MANUFACTURED.

superb analysis

I would've preferred him to take an approach like that, and acknowledge Jones as a person. I'm a schmuck for these rivalry stories in sports, and it's goose-bump provoking when two competitors, who really and truly competed out of hate and tried to take each others head off, come out on the other side of the rivalry as "friends". Ali and Frazier, Magic and Bird etc. But there's still time for that, and even if DC never gets there, that's fine too. He still seems to take the loss as a man.
Frazier never forgave Ali for all the shit talk Ali put on him. Bird and Magic, well watch the 30 for 30 special, there still some animosity there.

Cormier doesn't deserve to be mocked for putting his health on the line and then baring his soul in front of millions of people.

I despise that this face is being made fun of, call me over dramatic I don't care. That was hard to watch.

I'm glad your post got so many likes. It seems sherdog is not so full of idiots afterall. For me it's ridiculous how some ppl just have no sense of honor.. I would feel embarrassed as a man to act like a coward and mock ppl who are true warriors and tough as nails specially when they just risked their lifes in a ko. Today morning I went looking for updates on DC's heath - I was legit worried about the unanswered shots - thank God he's well.

Yeah I agree, and this is especially after the way Jones handled the post fight.

I gotta admit, of all the outcomes after this fight, me finally BECOMING A JON JONES FAN wasn't one of them.

And now I am. It was his lack of class that always held me back from being a fan, but the words he said to DC (unlike the first time) felt so genuine that he finally earned my respect.

In hindsight, it's totally clear that at some point in the past year, Jon actually no longer disliked DC. He saw him as more of a minor annoynace (no disrespect). That explains his jokey, calm demeanor; barely having any insults, but more laughing him off, the way you might laugh off your little brother who seems to have taken a blood oath to murder you, but you know he can't, and you ain't even mad at him because you don't perceive him as a threat, so you just sorta laugh it off, make jokes, etc. So in hindsight, Jones' response after the fight should've been obvious to anyone who paid attention to the clues (which I didn't).

One last analogy, and this will sound like me dissing DC, but I swear I'm not......look at it from Jon's perspective. Here you've got a pudgy, short, 43 year old man (I'm exaggerating to make a point), who's constantly raging out on you, that you KNOW you are 3.8x better than, as a fighter. You'd pretty much be calm and jovial too. It's kind of comical (from his perspective). And add to that the fact that DC sorta has a "corny" way to talk trash (I find it endearing), and this whole hatred is now all of a sudden one sided. He was no longer at a point that he could "hate" someone like that. There was NO DOUBT that Jon would've shook his hand, win or lose.

I hope DC wins like 4 more in a row against top competition, so he can cement himself as an alltime great for any idiots who are such Jon nuthuggers, that they let their emotion cloud their judgement about how fucking great DC is.

The same way I let my emotions cloud my judgement of Jones.
Jones is not 3.8x better than DC. He's a little better. Their fights have been extremely competitive save 10 seconds last night.

Noticed this, he never actually congratulated jones. He still hates him lol
Really weird how he said "congratulations to JONES and his team" and a bunch of retards are saying he didn't congratulate him. Reading comprehension is a thing.

I don't hold the post fight stuff against him because he clearly didn't know wtf was going on, but DC lost me as a fan with all his shit talk before the fight. I don't know how you can call a man who beat you, fair and square, a bitch. Whether he was "sinking to Jones' level" or not is irrelevant.

DC should have kept the high ground and been a class act all the way through. If that was the case I would have been rooting for him, but as it was he acted the foil and then got his ass best for a SECOND time by Jones. Of course he's all class now, what other choice does he have?
Jones showed no sportsmanship after the first fight whatsoever. Said he hopes DC is crying somewhere and had no sympathy for him. Have we forgotten about this:
<JonesDXSuckIt>
Fair play by Cormier to call Jones a bitch.

Notice how he kind of congratulates Jones` team more than Jones himself. "Team Jones and JacksonWink", "THEY did a phenomenal job".. etc.

The bitterness is still there..

notice how you intentionally didn't mention one of the first sentences where he says "congratulations to Jon Jones". The hate is still there...

Some of us have always hated this shoop/meme internet culture, where one of the worst moments of someone's life can be turned into a punchline by losers on the internet who have lost all compassion and empathy as their social life increasingly consists of looking at a computer screen. It's sickening and a sign of an ongoing devolution in the way that human beings interact with one another. I'd say that regardless of who got knocked out.

Glad to see that there are still some people around who realize how shitty it is though.

This sums up my feelings on all of it pretty well. I know that the internet provides a nice big wall to hide behind, and so I can (to an extent) understand why that would embolden people, but the sheer callousness always seems to surprise and disgust me. I just can't understand how someone can completely shed their humanity to laugh at someone going through pain that they themselves should be able to understand. (Keyword: should) I've always resisted this shift to a completely technology-dependent world, but that's a discussion for another thread.

On-topic, I'm really glad to see so much class in this thread - DC laid it all on the line last night and put his whole being into that fight. It meant everything to him, and you can tell by how absolutely heartbroken he was at the way it ended. As a fighter, I haven't been his biggest fan, but he's obviously a good person and deserves as much compassion as we'd give to a friend if this happened to them. And good on Jones taking the high road and not rubbing it in his face.

Very very interesting....As a fan of his that wanted him to win both times, I was curious about what tone he would take, and whether he would "accept" Jones.

And he didn't.

I was curious if he would come out and straight up say something like, "Jon, this 'rivalry' of ours have made us better, and it truly took someone like you to raise me to a new level."

Instead, he refers to Jones in the third-person the entire time - congratulating "Jones and his team." Notice how he never speaks directly to Jones, nothing even simple as, "Jon, congrats," or "you're truly a great fighter." No, it's more past tense/third person/impersonal approach: "I want to congratulate team Jones." Hell, he even spoke to Big John DIRECTLY.

This is not a criticism on DC, but more of my backhanded way to tell the dumbasses out there that the severe disdain he had for Jones was not MANUFACTURED.

Fake news, he said "congratulations to Jon Jones" in the second sentence.

Why do you want him to churn out clichees just for the sake of it. To be fair the rivalry with Jones probably brought out the worst in Cormier so saying anything else would be a lie.

Finally, unless you're having a direct conversation with someone you would almost always use third person so this is another non-issue

daniel-cormier-crying.jpg

Yeah, and? You all are some serious douche bags.

Is a bitter pill to swallow but he did it with class. I still think they don't like each other but both decided squash the beef and move on with their lives.

I'm seriously gonna be stoked if DC comes back to his analyst job laughs it off as a he kicked my ass good on him I'm gonna try to move forward from here now in typical DC fashion. Would make me a huge fan. DC is so good who knows what, in a couple years if DC can put together one more undeniable streak we may see a third. People can talk shit but DC is the solid number 2 guy in the division, and if he comes back strong from this loss he could end up being the Shamrock to Jones Tito.. Or the Rampage to Jones Wanderlei. Hopefully he comes back at HW tho.

Cormier doesn't deserve to be mocked for putting his health on the line and then baring his soul in front of millions of people.

I despise that this face is being made fun of, call me over dramatic I don't care. That was hard to watch.
It was hard to watch, and I'm a Jones fan. It was a moment of complete despair and vulnerability, he looked completely mentally broken.

I was glad Jones was so respectful and didn't go in on him in the post fight interview. DC fought his ass off but still got beat up, and even worse than the first fight. Whether they're fans or not, people should respect his heart and determination. Giving your all and coming up short like that is devastating. Only a petty and spiteful person would take joy in watching someone suffer like that.

No shame in losing to the GOAT.

The contrasting personalities between Goody Two Shoes Cormier and The Bad Motherfucker provided the fans with a great backdrop for this fight. The fight itself was violent as fuck and ended in a brutal fashion. The fans could not have asked for more, and it wouldn't have been that much fun without Cormier. He played his part, and was Jones' most compelling rival so far.

While I got nothing against Goody Two Shoes Cormier himself, but all his cuck fans on sherdog can suck it

<JonesDXSuckIt>

It was hard to watch, and I'm a Jones fan. It was a moment of complete despair and vulnerability, he looked completely mentally broken.

I was glad Jones was so respectful and didn't go in on him in the post fight interview. DC fought his ass off but still got beat up, and even worse than the first fight. Whether they're fans or not, people should respect his heart and determination. Giving your all and coming up short like that is devastating. Only a petty and spiteful person would take joy in watching someone suffer like that.

Jones isn't a bad guy. I'm not surprised he was classy in the post-fight interview.

One of my major gripes with Goody Two Shoes Cormier is that he was pushing this bullshit moralistic narrative of Jones being a terrible person and him being a better human being. That's some shitty, judgemental behavior, and people ate it up. All of a sudden all the cucks of Sherdog found themselves a hero, and they started acting as if they're better than other people, just like their hero Cormier. While I may understand Cormier acting the way he did to hype up the fight, his fans were insufferable.

I was very happy to see Cormier and all the smugness he stood for crash on the feet of the coke-snorting, prostitute-sandblasting motherfucker. To top it off, Jones showed that he wasn't that bad of a person after all.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Back