Dana: If Bisping is injured, then we'll have an interim title between Yoel and Whittaker.

With the small list of contenders at WW I'm OK with GSP getting a title shot there. After Maia there isn't many options

Seen a couple rumors about this fight floating around the net, some saying possibly for the interim title. If true who you guys got?

I think Whittaker has the cardio and TDD to drag it into the later rounds and box him up en route to a random flying knee KO for Romero just as the fights about to be stopped :D

That's like saying Demian Maia strangled Chael, he must do the same to Nate Marquardt since Chael handled him easily.
point was Whit deserves title shot more than Mousasi, no that he beats him because of a mma math

Pathetic that GSP only wanted to go to MW for the easy title fight.

Oooohh Yoel is so amazing!!!
What a specimen!!!!
Amazing genetics!!!
God's soldier numero uno!!!!

Fuck that shit. Roid-soaked cheater number one<{clintugh}>

The UFC offered him Hendo. He took it
The UFC offered him GSP. He took it.

Don't blame Bisping for what the UFC does.

They offered him GSP, and probably 5 million with PPV points. He is supposed to turn it down for a few hundred K against Romero? No friggin way. Bisping is near the end of his career and he wants to earn.

New UFC ownership is even more about the money than previous ownership was.

Champions in the UFC do not pick who they fight.
They didn't offer Henderson...he requested that fight and Dana obliged

Why would they randomly give him Henderson?

Hasn't Bisping fought twice in less than a year?

Aldo held up the division many more times for much longer.

Bisping has had 2 or more fights every single year the last 13 years.

Aldo never defended his belt against a geriatric old man that actually whooped Bisping's ass.
nice try tho

Hasn't Bisping fought twice in less than a year?

Aldo held up the division many more times for much longer.

Bisping has had 2 or more fights every single year the last 13 years.

How many 46-year olds did Aldo fight?

Yoel would kill Whittaker...

99392d14c97eee4ec4c33cc5451d4a1c_gravestone-clipart-clipart-rip-tombstone-clipart_250-224.gif

Hah. Bisping now won't fight GSP any ways. If Yoel fights, means no GSP Bisping fight, so Bisping will have to face Yoel, but if he is healthy to face Yoel, then why not fight GSP?

Bisping majorly fucked himself over

Bisping has a clear path to victory for Romero. survive the first few rounds, fight carefully and controlled, and win 4 rounds. don't get KTFO'dend the drama. it's not easy, but it's clear.

and though i was/am very late on the Whittaker bandwagon....i simply see no path to victory for Bisping. outmuscle him? keep him at distance? outpoint him? outwork him? i just don't see it.
I completely disagree.

I've never been a big Bisping fan. I don't really like his style, too much running and avoiding for my taste... but he does have some of the best technical boxing in mma. I've always thought that.

Bispings biggest weakness is his ground game.. and Romero will surely exploit that. He won't be able to stop the takedowns and he will get mauled. The way Romero was tooling Weidman in the grappling is enough for me to say that with confidence. Go rewatch Kennedy vs Bisping.. and imagine what Yoel would do.

With Whittaker, Bisping has the fight where he wants it.. standing, where technically he's really fucking good.

It should be Romero vs Rockhold, since Rockhold only lost to Bisping and holds wins over Weidman and Jacare (the other top 4/5).

Whittaker got KO'd not long ago by Stephen Thompson(WW) of all people.
It should be Romero vs Rockhold, since Rockhold only lost to Bisping and holds wins over Weidman and Jacare (the other top 4/5).

Whittaker got KO'd not long ago by Stephen Thompson(WW) of all people.
Not too long ago? Rob fought Stephen February of 2014. More than 3 years ago. And it was in a different division. Rob has won like 5 straight since then. Rocksalt hasn't even fought since get knocked out by bisbing. How can you even justify what you just said

Back