Dana: If Bisping is injured, then we'll have an interim title between Yoel and Whittaker.

hyperLem

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ight-champion-due-michael-bisping-knee-injury

UFC is considering crowning an interim middleweight champion this summer, should official titleholder Michael Bisping be unavailable to defend his belt.

"We're trying to put together that Bisping-Romero fight," White said. "If [Bisping] can't fight this summer, we'll probably create an interim title between Romero and Robert Whittaker."

According to White, St-Pierre's return will now likely come in the 170-pound division -- the weight class St-Pierre dominated throughout his career. Tyron Woodley (17-3-1) is the current UFC welterweight champion.

"[St-Pierre] says he will fight whoever the 170-pound champion is when he comes back," White said.

In before, Dana is protecting Bisping and hopes Whittaker takes out Gay Jesus.

I am a solid hater of interim titles because they are indicative of a bigger problem but this actually makes sense, unless Romero loses, which case it's fucked

Last edited:
Fuck it, just ask Bisping, Yes or No?

No?

Ok then, yoel vs whittaker.

The interim belt will be the real belt. Never heard that before eh, well thank Bispings charm for that. He can keep his duckbelt.

It should be Romero vs Rockhold, since Rockhold only lost to Bisping and holds wins over Weidman and Jacare (the other top 4/5).

Whittaker got KO'd not long ago by Stephen Thompson(WW) of all people.

I fear for Rob against Romero should the fight go head. Bad match up for my boy.

<mma1>

No way Whittaker should be above Mousasi and Rockhold.

But if they don't want to kill contenders that should be it I think

WTF

We could've had Bisping-Romero back in January.

Hasn't Bisping fought twice in less than a year?

Aldo held up the division many more times for much longer.

Bisping has had 2 or more fights every single year the last 13 years.

When I hope Whittaker wins and become the real champ.
He deserves it after beating Jacare fair and square.

So St.Pierre is going back to WW like we all thought he would if he didn't get Bisping.And Bisping got injured like we all thought he would if he didn't get St.Pierre.Shocking.

love it. the #1 vs #2 fighting for a title, the way it should be.

How Many TIMES aldo defended his belt against contenders compared to bisping though?

Bisping has been champ for less than a year. He fought who the UFC put him up against.

If hendo had won, everyone would be celebrating, but since Bisping did, everyone wants to give him shit.

Back