Dana: If Bisping is injured, then we'll have an interim title between Yoel and Whittaker.

I completely disagree.

I've never been a big Bisping fan. I don't really like his style, too much running and avoiding for my taste... but he does have some of the best technical boxing in mma. I've always thought that.

Bispings biggest weakness is his ground game.. and Romero will surely exploit that. He won't be able to stop the takedowns and he will get mauled. The way Romero was tooling Weidman in the grappling is enough for me to say that with confidence. Go rewatch Kennedy vs Bisping.. and imagine what Yoel would do.

With Whittaker, Bisping has the fight where he wants it.. standing, where technically he's really fucking good.

i hear you. Bisping is technically very sound. but i don't see Whittaker having trouble with his technique, distance (even IF Bisping dictates distance), or speed.

i hope we find out which of us is closer to right some day soon :) cheers.

I hate Yoel. Just make it Whittaker vs Mousasi and cut Yoel. He'd make a great Bellator champ.

It should be Romero vs Rockhold, since Rockhold only lost to Bisping and holds wins over Weidman and Jacare (the other top 4/5).

Whittaker got KO'd not long ago by Stephen Thompson(WW) of all people.

Horseshit, I don't think people should be given title shots, even interim title shots, coming off of 1st round KO losses.

Whittaker KO'd "not long ago"? It was over 3 years ago. Whittaker is 6-0 as a Middleweight, and Ranked #3 after destroying Jacare with ease when everyone said he had no chance.

Whittaker deserves it, and Whittaker is going to KO Romero.

I am a solid hater of interim titles because they are indicative of a bigger problem but this actually makes sense, unless Romero loses, which case it's fucked

Why would it be fucked if Romero loses? If Romero loses to Whittaker he's obviously not the unstoppable uncrowned Champ that everyone claims he is.

I aint mad at all. Yoel vs Robert. I can dig it.

UFC starting to feel like it's old self again.

Top guys fighting top guys.

How Many TIMES aldo defended his belt against contenders compared to bisping though?
Bisping has been champ for less than a year. He fought who the UFC put him up against.

If hendo had won, everyone would be celebrating, but since Bisping did, everyone wants to give him shit.

This is the truth, Most on here thought hendo would smash him and ride in to the sunset as a champ. It didnt happen and now they're all bitter fucks

I'm sure Bisping doesn't care. He keeps the belt, keeps the pay, gets the GSP fight, and his mind he'll win so he gets a unification bout which is bigger PPV as well. It all a win for him.

his other option is fight Yoel and no GSP fight. lol

It should be Romero vs Rockhold, since Rockhold only lost to Bisping and holds wins over Weidman and Jacare (the other top 4/5).

"Of all people"?

Stephen Thompson is an elite striker.

Whittaker has won like 6 or 7 in a row since then including Jacare.

Yeah, and Rockhold got knocked out IN HIS LAST FIGHT

1pd8zm.jpg

If the fight happens,just another 3rd round KO win on Romero's list.

Bisping vs Wonderboy for the immediate unification 185 belt in November.

Robert_Whittaker_vs._Stephen_Thompson_1.gif

Then GSP vs Weidman for vacant 185 in January when Bisping retires champ.

Moose wants 1.6 million for a belt fight. Whitaker & Yoel are probably getting 12/12.

Horseshit, I don't think people should be given title shots, even interim title shots, coming off of 1st round KO losses.

Whittaker KO'd "not long ago"? It was over 3 years ago. Whittaker is 6-0 as a Middleweight, and Ranked #3 after destroying Jacare with ease when everyone said he had no chance.

Whittaker deserves it, and Whittaker is going to KO Romero.

Why would it be fucked if Romero loses? If Romero loses to Whittaker he's obviously not the unstoppable uncrowned Champ that everyone claims he is.

What about Mousasi you deuce? The guy has wins over Jacare, Weidman, Belfort, Henderson and whole host of others?

So, we now have proof that GSP only cared about MW because he thought he could beat Bisping. Fuck off and stay retired.

Yeah, and Rockhold got knocked out IN HIS LAST FIGHT

Still has only lost to the champ since. Rockhold is fit, so it should be Rockhold vs Romero. New matchup and it makes sense.

"Of all people"?

Stephen Thompson is an elite striker.

Whittaker has won like 6 or 7 in a row since then including Jacare.

Stephen thompson is from a lower division, and Whittaker got destroyed by him. And you think he deserves a shot over Rockhold, Mousasi?

Back