Crystal clear footage of New York in 1911, kind of eerie

As a Native American Indian fuck no! Lol

Just to be killed for being Native American.smh

Meh you could have built the skyscrapers:
https://www.wnyc.org/story/192807-sky-walking-raising-steel-mohawk-ironworker-keeps-tradition-alive/
Virtually every skyscraper … has been built by Mohawk and other Iroquois ironworkers including the new Time Warner building…Rockefeller Center, Empire State building, Chrysler, all these skyscrapers, virtually all the bridges,” said Robert Venables, a historian and former Director of Cornell University’s American Indian studies program.

Last edited:
Would you live in the early 1900's

I mean if you could would you go and do that

Sometimes I think I would like to live in an earlier time

No. Everything would suck.

Get sick? Good luck, medical science was crap.

Buy a product from the store and wonder was this the one they added radioactive stuff into just for fun?

Entertainment? How many years until your favorite book/song/movie is even released? How many years until you can consume visual/audio media of your choice at your home whenever you want to?

Same guy seems to have a lot of other old videos:
Stockholm 1913

Paris 1898

Germany 1905

This is the beauty of modern technology. Our descendants will be able to not only see us but also hear us and see our movements in film. Even when I see footage of family from twenty years ago, it takes me a back. But imagine a descendant of yours seeing you 200-300 years after you’re gone.
There will be no one living on Earth by 200-300 years from now.

28x5q4.jpg

Man this is kind of weird to watch. It's almost like getting into a time machine and getting a glimpse at people just living their daily lives a hundred years ago.

It's a shame we don't have this kind of footage from 200 or even 300 years ago.

Give this a watch. It's fascinating.

That’s pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

This is the beauty of modern technology. Our descendants will be able to not only see us but also hear us and see our movements in film. Even when I see footage of family from twenty years ago, it takes me a back. But imagine a descendant of yours seeing you 200-300 years after you’re gone.
Tide pods will make a comeback in 2218

Would you live in the early 1900's

I mean if you could would you go and do that

Sometimes I think I would like to live in an earlier time
I if could return then yes. Otherwise, no. There is no way I could work in a factory, rather smuggle drugs and booze.

How about another New York time capsule, this time HD video footage from 1993.

HD video in 1993? Yeah, there was an HD VHS format that was being experimented with at the time.

Obviously video footage from 1993 isn't uncommon, but to see it this sharp and clear is kind of weird.

Good lord. The fashion from 1911 is 100 times better than that of 93', lol.

Yeah thats true.

The time of the iron workers has passed my poeple,everyone wants to be a smuggler now a days.

Crazy to think how many of my elders helped build the towers,some of the grandparents even went to clean up/rebuild with thier grandchildren in the aftermath.

Cant even imagine what was going through their minds being there once again but for an whole other reason.

Man this is kind of weird to watch. It's almost like getting into a time machine and getting a glimpse at people just living their daily lives a hundred years ago.

It's a shame we don't have this kind of footage from 200 or even 300 years ago.

Give this a watch. It's fascinating.

Good find, even with sound! I love this stuff, I subscribe to a channel with a bunch of old footage on youtube, havent seen anything from this early though.
and this one from Japan will probably make @Jack Reacheround pop a boner

Last edited:
Not enough diversity.

Impressive audio quality too. It sounded way more dynamic than my 1980s home movies.

I can also see why there were a lot of horse and carriage accidents back then. Can you imagine how fucked up it would be if they had footage like this of the triangle shirt factory fire that happened the same year?

Depressing as shit when you say it like that

The majority of peoples lives are completely meaningless in the grand scheme of human evolution

And even human evolution is probably meaningless in the vastness of the Universe
I can see how people can find that depressing, and I occasionally do myself, but it can also be tremendously liberating, especially when you’ve fucked up somehow...

Yeah no wonder more and more men cant get laid. No discipline
Casual sex and serial monogamy was not nearly as common as it is now. If you wanted to get laid back then you would most likely get married or see a prostitute. Remember, no condoms or birth control aswell.

Back