Crocodiles found in Florida

Nile-crocodile-1.jpg

fuck me,thats a lot of shoes,belts and suitcases!

I knew about alligators, but not crocs. That’s cool, I’m a way..

It’s fun to take people kayaking and show them lazy gators. I get close to them and freak them out lol. They don’t give two shits about people.

Yeah we've had the American crocodiles in the bottom of Florida, but they're basically harmless fish eaters. American alligators are pretty harmless too. They'll definitely mind their own business for the most part. People literally swim in gator water no problems.

The Nile crocodiles that we being found in the Everglades are super aggressive and grow extremely large. You sure as hell don't want to be involved in getting near those beasts. They will kill you

Florida always had pussy American crocodiles. Those things are basically harmless. Nile crocodiles take down wildebeest and fight with hippos. They kill about 200 people a year in Africa.

"American crocodiles"? You mean alligators?

Nile crocs are not bigger than American crocs, they're roughly the same size.

American crocs have never gone completely extinct in florida and are making a comeback.

Not going to lie, all the exotic wild animals are starting to attract me to that crazy place. Even if it is underwater at the moment. We had some Japanese macaques and camels in Texas, so I'm definitely not surprised Florida is filled with crazy stuff.
they released a bunch of Gemsbok into White Sands Missile Range just over the border from El Paso in New Mexico

spent two months in the field there, and nobody warned me. I'm out taking a piss one day and this monster just rolls up on me between the tall brush

seriously, wtf man
1200px-Spiessbock-Etosha-01.jpg

they released 93, now there's 3000-6000.....good lawd

Last edited:

Ne, we have both. American alligators are everywhere. American crocodiles are in the southern tip of Florida and extend down into Central America (where the majority of their range is).

Nile crocs are not bigger than American crocs, they're roughly the same size.

American crocs have never gone completely extinct in florida and are making a comeback.

That's not what I've read. American crocodiles theoretically can grow large, but most are around 7-10'. Nile crocodiles have larger prey and tend to get larger

What? Now I've lost the ability to distinguish the two. I always thought alligators = North America and crocodiles = everywhere else.

Fuck me.
I think you can distinguish them by the shape of their nose or something, but I wouldn't be up close enough to one to find out.

I think you can distinguish them by the shape of their nose or something, but I wouldn't be up close enough to one to find out.

Yes, alligators have distinctly rounded snouts while crocodiles have very pointed snouts. Plus their territory isn't exactly the same, so you will either have one or the other usually.

Ne, we have both. American alligators are everywhere. American crocodiles are in the southern tip of Florida and extend down into Central America (where the majority of their range is).

That's not what I've read. American crocodiles theoretically can grow large, but most are around 7-10'. Nile crocodiles have larger prey and tend to get larger
According to Wikipedia the American crocodiles get up to 20 ft.

Florida has all the cool shit that wants to kill you.

Yea it’s crazy. We also have a decent amount of wild monkeys in central Florida now too. People keep releasing wild animals into the ecosystem, mucking everything up. Well, mucking it up more than it is already
We've got them in South Florida too. Mainly vervet monkeys, I believe.

American crocodiles (Crocodylus acutus) are a shy and reclusive species. They live in coastal areas throughout the Caribbean, and occur at the northern end of their range in south Florida. They live in brackish or saltwater areas, and can be found in ponds, coves, and creeks in mangrove swamps. They are occasionally being encountered inland in freshwater areas of the SE Florida coast as a result of the extensive canal system.

http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/managed/american-crocodile/

we also get great whites

*gasp*

is normal

Back