Crocodiles found in Florida

DoomPatrol

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So older story, but this one blows my mind. Apparently every now and then, crocodiles are being caught in Florida. Not pussy American crocodiles. I'm talking about Nile crocs.

These motherfuckers.

nile-croco_624.jpg

Nile-crocodile-1.jpg

Yeah those things. So I guess private keepers have either released them on purpose or they escaped, but the fact remains that they are in our waters at this very minute. If we caught a few, how many more haven't we caught? Between these things and Burmese pythons, Florida is in the middle of a takeover.

@Zookeeper Gabe

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...sive-invasive-species-found-florida/84643472/

FL needs a good piranha infestation and some killer bees and that'll be a wrap, son.

Reminds me of Lake Placid. I blame the elderly.

Yea it’s crazy. We also have a decent amount of wild monkeys in central Florida now too. People keep releasing wild animals into the ecosystem, mucking everything up. Well, mucking it up more than it is already

FL needs a good piranha infestation and some killer bees and that'll be a wrap, son.

Piranhas aren't very dangerous from what I've seen. They do eat scraps of meat, but they don't really attack people like that.

And I'm pretty sure they already have Africanized bees, which are horribly aggressive. They've been found in Louisiana and are definitely in Eastern Texas. Not a long trip from there to Florida.

Florida had crocs? Next thing you know they will find idiots living there as well.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Yea it’s crazy. We also have a decent amount of wild monkeys in central Florida now too. People keep releasing wild animals into the ecosystem, mucking everything up. Well, mucking it up more than it is already
Not going to lie, all the exotic wild animals are starting to attract me to that crazy place. Even if it is underwater at the moment. We had some Japanese macaques and camels in Texas, so I'm definitely not surprised Florida is filled with crazy stuff.

Not going to lie, all the exotic wild animals are starting to attract me to that crazy place. Even if it is underwater at the moment. We had some Japanese macaques and camels in Texas, so I'm definitely not surprised Florida is filled with crazy stuff.
It’s really not a great thing though, honestly. Most are very invasive, and are quite the nuisance for both man and beast.

Still, it’s cool to see all these animals able to survive here.

It’s really not a great thing though, honestly. Most are very invasive, and are quite the nuisance for both man and beast.

Still, it’s cool to see all these animals able to survive here.
Humans are the ultimate invasive species, and house cats are already murdering every indigenous species they can get their paws on. At least in Florida I can have some fun amidst the chaos of globalization and the irreparable damage of the ecosystem.

Not too long ago they were not here at all. Crocs aren’t native. Idiots are though

Florida always had pussy American crocodiles. Those things are basically harmless. Nile crocodiles take down wildebeest and fight with hippos. They kill about 200 people a year in Africa.

Humans are the ultimate invasive species, and house cats are already murdering every indigenous species they can get their paws on. At least in Florida I can have some fun amidst the chaos of globalization and the irreparable damage of the ecosystem.
Which region are cats not indigenous to?
I know we have far too many, but I’ve never been to a place without them.

Florida always had pussy American crocodiles. Those things are basically harmless. Nile crocodiles take down wildebeest and fight with hippos. They kill about 200 people a year in Africa.
I knew about alligators, but not crocs. That’s cool, In a way..

It’s fun to take people kayaking and show them lazy gators. I get close to them and freak them out lol. They don’t give two shits about people.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back