Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

You are correct that it isn't just about race. It had to do with them being young black males.

50 year old black dude in a sweater isn't getting asked to leave.

But it most certainly is about race, because 22 year old, male white or Asian dude isn't going to get asked to leave.
Who cares. You can't prove it so deal with the facts. Here's a dramatic reenactment to illustrate how to deal with situations such as this.

Starbucks employe: I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.
Bald1: See you later Mr Barrista. Hope that "Transgender gerbils in medieval Transylvania" degree keeps you warm at night. Peace!

Done. No muss no fuss no cops. You're not a paying customer you gtfo if asked to leave. Simple as that, everything else is just window dressing. Don't care what colour anyone is.

99% of the starbucks i have ever been in have tons of people hanging out using computers and they may or may not have coffee. the reason starbucks became popular was precisely because they encourage people to hang out. and again, theseguys said they were waiting on someone (and he showed up while they were being arrested).

next time i go to a restaurant and wait inside for my friends to show up, should i expect to be thrown out?

depends on how long, if its more than 15 minutes, you shouldn't wait to be thrown out, but should give up your table for someone else till your friends arrive, now if the place isn't busy i would say 30 minutes.
Do you think you should hold up a table for hours while your friends arrive? You realize that place is a business and the way they make their money is by having customers who order not wait.

I suppose it'd depend how long you had been there, how many customers were waiting and most importantly, the restaurants policy.

The Starbucks on S Grand in Stl calls fucking DAILY to remove non buying people. Whites one too. They shoot dope in the restrooms and beg for money.

Lol at stretching this case to a race issue. Good fucking grief

Who cares. You can't prove it so deal with the facts. Here's a dramatic reenactment to illustrate how to deal with situations such as this.

Starbucks employe: I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.
Bald1: See you later Mr Barrista. Hope that "Transgender gerbils in medieval Transylvania" degree keeps you warm at night. Peace!

Done. No muss no fuss no cops. You're not a paying customer you gtfo if asked to leave. Simple as that, everything else is just window dressing. Don't care what colour anyone is.

That's easy to say once. I tend to believe the young black males I have known, that tell me it is a regular occurence.

There is our level headed ex officer again, it is damm good thing you don't have a gun and badge anymore, what did you get fired for again?
he was a cop? lol. you would think he would fit right in. he must have really sucked to get booted of the force

Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross defended the actions of officers in the video saying his officers "did absolutely nothing wrong."

Ross, who is black, referenced his own experiences while making his case, saying, "As an African-American male, I am very aware of implicit bias." "We are committed to fair and unbiased policing and anything less than that will not be tolerated in this department."

The employees told officers the two men wanted to use the restroom but were told the facilities are only for paying customers. The Starbucks employees then asked the men to leave, but they refused, Ross said.

Officers responded and asked the men three times "politely to leave the location because they were being asked to leave by employees because they were trespassing." When the men again refused to leave, they were arrested "without incident," Ross said.

The men were taken to a police station and released when it became clear Starbucks didn't want to press charges.

"They did a service that they were called to do," Ross said of the officers. "And if you think about it logically, that if a business calls and they say that someone is here that I no longer wish to be in my business, (officers) now have a legal obligation to carry out their duties. And they did just that."

Suck my fat cock, pussy-boy.

If you don't like what I post, ignore me.

They're broke ass hoodrats - hanging out in a fucking starbucks, with no money to buy a single coffee.

Imagine if it were YOUR store. Do you want people who aren't there buying stuff just sitting there all day?

They were there for a quick business meeting. In fact, the person they were meeting showed up as they were being led out in cuffs. Do you know how routine it is to arrange meetings at coffee shops? Especially in big cities? Its pretty damn normal. Its compounded by the fact that Starbucks essentially touts these sorts of things as a positive in choosing them as your coffee franchise. Ppl kill time at these stores all the time on their laptops, reading newspapers etc. "Hoodrats" huh? Idk why I even responded to your post as I know who I'm dealing with.
There is our level headed ex officer again, it is damm good thing you don't have a gun and badge anymore, what did you get fired for again?

Lol a former cop huh? Couldn't be any less surprised.

depends on how long, if its more than 15 minutes, you shouldn't wait to be thrown out, but should give up your table for someone else till your friends arrive, now if the place isn't busy i would say 30 minutes.
Do you think you should hold up a table for hours while your friends arrive? You realize that place is a business and the way they make their money is by having customers who order not wait.
well, we dont know that they were holding up a table and we do know they werent there for hours. so that point is irrelevant. we do know that as many as 5 customers came to their defense saying they were not acting out in any way and were not bothering anyone.

if they were told to leave, they should have left and raised hell in social media. they would have got the same result and starbucks would have egg on their face. but their handling of the situation does not change the fact that racism is the reason this all started. and anyone who says otherwise has completely buried their head in the sand. and this is coming from a guy in here that the left leaning poster love to call racist

Be pissy at the Starbucks manager if you like, but if they call the cops and say they want people removed for some reason and people refuse to leave when the cops tell them they get arrested for trespassing. Regardless of race. That parts pretty cut and dry.

The Starbucks on S Grand in Stl calls fucking DAILY to remove non buying people. Whites one too. They shoot dope in the restrooms and beg for money.

Lol at stretching this case to a race issue. Good fucking grief

Nothing like banging some dope and sippin' a latte, extra sugar. It's called a Starbucks speedball.

They were there for a quick business meeting. In fact, the person they were meeting showed up as they were being led out in cuffs. Do you know how routine it is to arrange meetings at coffee shops? Especially in big cities? Its pretty damn normal. Its compounded by the fact that Starbucks essentially touts these sorts of things as a positive in choosing them as your coffee franchise. Ppl kill time at these stores all the time on their laptops, reading newspapers etc. "Hoodrats" huh? Idk why I even responded to your post as I know who I'm dealing with.

Lol a former cop huh? Couldn't be any less surprised.
yea, it appears 95% of the people commenting on this never bothered to read the story

- they were there for hours
- they were acting up
- they werent buying anything and had no intentions to
- they were broke

etc, etc, etc

people always go to starbucks for business meetings. in fact, a few weeks ago i had a meeting at a coffee place (samba latte) here in las vegas. i was a few minutes late and the guy i was meeting had been there a half an hour he said. he had nothing and waited for me to arrive before ordering. funny, but he was never asked to leave

That's easy to say once. I tend to believe the young black males I have known, that tell me it is a regular occurence.
What's a regular occurrence?

Young black males loitering? Or young black males being asked to leave for loitering?

Are you going to purchase something? No? Get the fuck out. It's a business not speakers corner type of location ment for people to hang out at without compensating the establishment for their investment. You shouldn't even have to be told. Basic, basic stuff here. Your presence is a drain on resources unless it's a mutually beneficial relationship.

Don't care about colour, age or sexual persuasion.

And I know the people that will want to dismiss this will say "well they were told to order something!" when was the last time you were in a starbucks and were told to order something?
I've been told to leave places when I actually had bought something. If the place is a busy place (which Starbucks tend to be), people will want you to get out so other customers can sit down.

Either way, if you get told to leave on private property then you leave. That's just how the law works. Saying they got arrested for 'no reason' is bullshit. They got arrested because they didn't leave private property when they were asked to.

Now, maybe arresting them was a bit harsh, but I've never overstayed my welcome so I don't really know what happens afterwards to compare to.

What's a regular occurrence?

Young black males loitering? Or young black males being asked to leave for loitering?

Are you going to purchase something? No? Get the fuck out. It's a business not speakers corner type of location ment for people to hang out at without compensating the establishment for their investment. You shouldn't even have to be told. Basic, basic stuff here. Your presence is a drain on resources unless it's a mutually beneficial relationship.

Don't care about colour, age or sexual persuasion.

And if this was any business that provided a service, approached customer service as you describe, they would go out of business.

I've been told to leave places when I actually had bought something. If the place is a busy place (which Starbucks tend to be), people will want you to get out so other customers can sit down.

Either way, if you get told to leave on private property then you leave. That's just how the law works. Saying they got arrested for 'no reason' is bullshit. They got arrested because they didn't leave private property when they were asked to.
i said a starbucks, not "places." starbucks never ask their customers to leave that are not causing problems. its their business model

and i get how the law works. read what i said in another post. they should have left and dealt with the situation later. however, if you want to pretend they were asked to leave for any other reason than they were black, by all means keep lying to yourself.

i said a starbucks, not "places." starbucks never ask their customers to leave that are not causing problems. its their business model

and i get how the law works. read what i said in another post. they should have left and dealt with the situation later. however, if you want to pretend they were sked to leave for any other reason than they were black, by all means keep lying to yourself.
How about Starbucks being a busy place and paying customers wanting to sit down?

How about Starbucks being a busy place and paying customers wanting to sit down?
how about it? was the starbucks they were in full to capacity and they needed the table? also, they were customers. they were just waiting for the rest of their party who arrived while they were getting carted off (the rest of their party was a WHITE GUY!!!).

have you ever been to starbucks?

I few times. I recall most if not all with drinks, thermos, etc.

But it might be different other places and I've only been a few times.

As a side note I don't see how anyone can do work in there. The noise and constant movement would drive me nuts.

next time i go to a restaurant and wait inside for my friends to show up, should i expect to be thrown out?

How busy is it and how long are they going to take. Unless someone is close I don't get a table. You are costing a waiter/business money taking up a table.

A friend and I were asked to politely leave a busy place about 5-10 minutes after we were done. Were just talking, had no problem with it, just continued talking next to our cars.

As a white man, who as a TEENAGER was detained, cuffed, and placed in the back of a squad car by police at a mall, for exactly the same reason (being told to leave by mall security and not leaving), I think this whole thing is bogus.

Leave when they tell you to leave. These two guys are ADULTS. They should know better.

Otherwise, you're trespassing. You don't have a right to be in that store - if they tell you to GTFO, you have to go.
Muh anecdotes!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back