Cops arrest homeowner instead of squatters

Actually, your argument is a bit flawed.

If you buy or inherit a house occupied by tenants you may not just kick them to the curb.
There are too many misguided laws in place which don’t clarify the situation in a timely manner.
I missed this response.

Problem is they didn't have a legal contract with the previous owner of the house either. We know this because the article states that the shitbags moved in AFTER the last owner died so the scenario of a previously tenanted residence is not relevant to this situation anyway.

There is no reasonable defence for this horse shit.

I'm a lawyer and this is normal in Spain. If squatters break into your house and you take it back, you may go to prison. The "correct" way is going to the courts and proving they have no right to be there. The process takes like 10-12 months. Not joking, you can look it up on Google
Why not just squat back your own house?
What happens then?

These stories piss me off. Squatting is a thing only low lifes do and they should be treated as such. You shouldn’t have to de with the courts to evict trespassers and it is sad that it has come to this. There are scummy landlords that would try to claim tenants are squatters, but if there was never a lease or one can’t be located, I would like the see law enforcement side with the homeowner.

Someone correct me if needed but wasn't the squatting laws just a lazy way to help keep people off of the streets?

See sqauter in your house . Get your gun and kill them if asked you thouggt they were burglars . Win win. You get house back and society Getz relieved of scum

Someone correct me if needed but wasn't the squatting laws just a lazy way to help keep people off of the streets?

Well I heard on one podcast that the intent was to stop landlords from just accusing someone of being a squatter to get rid of them and have new people move in.

Well I heard on one podcast that the intent was to stop landlords from just accusing someone of being a squatter to get rid of them and have new people move in.
If that is the case than that is VERY outdated. Because after 2008 upwards of 95% of these incidents have been initiated via bust out a back window, break in a back door etc etc. Like OBVIOUS situations. But since those laws were in place the cops' hands were tied.

Glad to see the law finally catching up to the times.

Back