Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

How do you know they're broke or hoodrats?

Because they didn't want a coffee, they don't have money? Because they're black, they're hood rats?

You're not doing yourself any favors saying that stuff man. If you have a point to prove, make it differently

Suck my fat cock, pussy-boy.

If you don't like what I post, ignore me.

They're broke ass hoodrats - hanging out in a fucking starbucks, with no money to buy a single coffee.

Imagine if it were YOUR store. Do you want people who aren't there buying stuff just sitting there all day?

It wouldn't even be a fucking story if it was two white dudes...as if anyone is stupid enough to make this about racism...from Starbucks of all places?.

So this happens to you as an adult all the time then?
I don't go hang out in businesses I have no intention of shopping from, so no.

If I went to a bar or restaurant, sat down for a while and bought nothing, I honestly wouldn't be blown away that I was asked to leave. you honestly think thats an unusual situation or are you being fooled because black?

Also, what legal right does a manager have to remove someone from an area open to the public?

Shouldn't the owner have to legally be the one to request that?

Cops didn't do anything wrong - they were called by the legal operator of the space and asked to remove the two. Police say they asked them three times to leave as requested and they refused. It's not up to the cops to say "Hey manager, these people should be allowed to stay".

As for the "they didn't buy anything", a woman at the store at that very time came forward to say she was there for two hours and hadn't bought anything and she was not bothered once by any staff.

You know what, fuck it - I take it all back.

Starbucks is racist.

You should boycott them.

Fuck Starbucks.

#NoStarbucks

There's obviously more to the story. They were probably being agressive or even threatening when asked to buy something or leave.

ddKz_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

heat.gif

i think this thread will serve a great purpose for sherdog though. you libs who think everyone on the right is some sort of kkk member, take note. if a poster itt claims there is NO WAY there is any racism involved and they were simply asked to leave because they didnt buy anything, chance are that person fits the bill.

now the poster may not have to agree with how it was or wasn't handled, but if they can at least admit the issue all stemmed from their skin color, then you know they might not be racist, they just realize most of your opinions are wrong

You also would promise to boycott if ever asked to leave. And if it happened to you all the time, I bet you would start to refuse to leave

If I'm not a paying customer I wouldn't feel entitled enough to protest staying in a business if asked to leave...

Also, what legal right does a manager have to remove someone from an area open to the public?

Shouldn't the owner have to legally be the one to request that?
A private business can do what they want. Haven't you ever seen those signs that say they refuse the right to service people?

A couple of times. Up here, they aren't really hangouts. They're more like a Dunkin' Donuts.
99% of the starbucks i have ever been in have tons of people hanging out using computers and they may or may not have coffee. the reason starbucks became popular was precisely because they encourage people to hang out. and again, theseguys said they were waiting on someone (and he showed up while they were being arrested).

next time i go to a restaurant and wait inside for my friends to show up, should i expect to be thrown out?

I don't go hang out in businesses I have no intention of shopping from, so no.

If I went to a bar or restaurant, sat down for a while and bought nothing, I honestly wouldn't be blown away that I was asked to leave. you honestly think thats an unusual situation or are you being fooled because black?

When I was younger, I was a broke bitch, but I had an active social life. Many times I have waited at a bar drinking water, waiting for a friend.

I mean just think about that. Most businesses where you might meet someone, offer free water to non-paying customers. They are not in the business of creating a atmosphere where people feel not welcome, or even not welcome unless they have spent money.

another commenting without bothering to read the story. and have you ever been in starbucks? if you have, i bet you see a ton of people there not buying anything. why were these guys singled out? why did multiple customers (white) come to their defense? have you ever gone into a business and waited for your friends to get there before ordering? if so, why was it ok for you and not these guys?

but you know me. i have a pretty clear history of blaming everything on racism
in fairness that one stupid white bitch came two those two hoodrats’ defense when they jumped the cashier at mcdonald’s and got whupped for it. I don’t think the assessment of a chick wearing a micropuffer is enough to push my outrage button.

When I was younger, I was a broke bitch, but I had an active social life. Many times I have waited at a bar drinking water, waiting for a friend.

I mean just think about that. Most businesses where you might meet someone, offer free water to non-paying customers. They are not in the business of creating a atmosphere where people feel not welcome, or even not welcome unless they have spent money.
Some places are fine with that, some aren't. Places like that are there to make money, first and foremost. They don't give a fuck about your personal life. They don't care that your friend might be coming.

I'd like to hear more about what led up to the police being called.

99% of the starbucks i have ever been in have tons of people hanging out using computers and they may or may not have coffee. the reason starbucks became popular was precisely because they encourage people to hang out. and again, theseguys said they were waiting on someone (and he showed up while they were being arrested).

next time i go to a restaurant and wait inside for my friends to show up, should i expect to be thrown out?
I suppose it'd depend how long you had been there, how many customers were waiting and most importantly, the restaurants policy.

Suck my fat cock, pussy-boy.

If you don't like what I post, ignore me.

They're broke ass hoodrats - hanging out in a fucking starbucks, with no money to buy a single coffee.

Imagine if it were YOUR store. Do you want people who aren't there buying stuff just sitting there all day?
There is our level headed ex officer again, it is damm good thing you don't have a gun and badge anymore, what did you get fired for again?

A private business can do what they want. Haven't you ever seen those signs that say they refuse the right to service people?

The owner has the legal right to refuse service to anyone.

I'm sure he has the legal right to delegate authority, but I'm also sure that this delegation of authority has to be written down. I see these delegations of authority at my workplace all the time.

I bet you from a legal standpoint, if she couldn't provide a delegation of authority from the legal owner of that establishment, that she actually doesn't have any authority to refuse service, or remove someone from the property.

As a white male to a white male, you know that you wouldn't have been asked to leave in the first place.

#woke

As a former white l.e.o. I can tell you we handled shit like this regularly with both white and black people. If asked to leave you leave or risk the consequences. Usually a summons or just a warning.

Christ. How fucking petty. So oppressed...

Back