Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

As a white, 30 year old male, I doubt I would have had the cops called on me for sitting in a starbucks without buying a coffee.

As a white male myself, I would expect to be arrested after I was told to leave and didn't.

Just more mainstream media bullshit. They pick insignificant stories like this to trend so they can cause more division between races. Divide and conquer.

There's obviously more to the story. They were probably being agressive or even threatening when asked to buy something or leave.

Yeah, you seem impartial.

I'm sure you view those two law abiding citizens as your fellow countrymen, who you expect to receive equal treatment in the eyes of the law.(E-sarcasm)

As a white male myself, I would expect to be arrested after I was told to leave and didn't.

As a white male to a white male, you know that you wouldn't have been asked to leave in the first place.

It's petty by the manager, but, it's a private establishment. If they were told to leave and didn't then it's trespassing by statute and if you have a willing complainant, the cops hands are tied. The title of the thread makes it sound as if the cops just entered the place and started cuffing people.

As a white male to a white male, you know that you wouldn't have been asked to leave in the first place.
That is total bullshit. Everyone here has probably been kicked out of some place for what seemed like BS at the time.

If you don't want coffee, hang out somewhere besides Starbucks.

There's an old man quote

"Yeah it's a free country - But it isn't a free ride."

I agree with you.

But I don't think this would have happened to me if I had done the same thing. Even if I stayed.

And I know the people that will want to dismiss this will say "well they were told to order something!" when was the last time you were in a starbucks and were told to order something?

Then in this case, as much as it pains you to do so, blame the manager. He/she called, the cops were enforcing the law according to statute and don't deserve to be fired..that's just ridiculous.

There's 0 evidence this had a thing to do with race.

You are correct that it isn't just about race. It had to do with them being young black males.

50 year old black dude in a sweater isn't getting asked to leave.

But it most certainly is about race, because 22 year old, male white or Asian dude isn't going to get asked to leave.

As a white, 30 year old male, I doubt I would have had the cops called on me for sitting in a starbucks without buying a coffee.

I also doubt I would have been asked to leave.

Doubt all you want but you dont know that.

Conjecture.

There's an old man quote

"Yeah it's a free country - But it isn't a free ride."

I agree with you.

But I don't think this would have happened to me if I had done the same thing. Even if I stayed.
I remember when I was a kid, getting kicked off the public benches in town. This isn't even THAT scandalous IMO.

Wait, so what did the manager say on the call and what was the charge? Ah, looks like this was a "no public restrooms" thing. Common in big cities and the manager told them restrooms are for customers only and they still didn't order so the manager felt undermined and was being a bit of a baby and called the cops. Calling 6 cops is a bit excessive, but I've had to buy something and throw it away just to piss in places before. Don't see why they didn't just order their coffee while they waited for the other guy.

People always think private businesses are public areas. They're simply open to the public. Big difference. If you're asked to leave and don't you're tresspassing.

Doubt all you want but you dont know that.

Conjecture.

I have my opinion - like you have yours.

I've sat in dunkin donuts and used their wifi without buying anything.
Ive sat in panera and not bought anything to charge my phone and use their wifi.

I never had a problem.

Did it really happen, am I making this up? What do you care? What do you know? Would you believe me? It doesn't matter.

My opinion is valid, as is yours.

You also would promise to boycott if ever asked to leave. And if it happened to you all the time, I bet you would start to refuse to leave

You are correct that it isn't just about race. It had to do with them being young black males.
It had to do with them not buying anything. Its right there in the story.

But it most certainly is about race, because 22 year old, male white or Asian dude isn't going to get asked to leave.
Bullshit. Its time for people to stop saying shit like this. You're totally creating a narrative here and treating it as fact.

Bullshit. Its time for people to stop saying shit like this. You're totally creating a narrative here and treating it as fact.

So this happens to you as an adult all the time then?

after reading these 2 pages in here, i am now convinced that there is absolutely nothing that can happen that would convince people there is racism in the world. to deny that there was not some racism going on here is absurd. and those of you who know my posting history know i am the furthest thing from some sjw. but some things you just can't deny.

have you ever been to starbucks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back