Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

I can't believe there isnt a thread on this, but I looked. If I missed it, feel free to delete.

This is pretty insane right here. And also the reason why blacks worried about racism shouldnt turn EVERYTHING into a racial issue. This here is obviously racism at work and there is nothing that can defend this unless there is a lot missing to the story. But considering other patrons came to their aid, it seems not likely. Stick to cases like that, and most rational people will have your back.

So these dudes got the cops called on them because they had not ordered anything, and got arrested for it. They said they hadnt ordered because they were waiting for a friend (who showed up while the police were there). And correct me if I am wrong, but Starbucks basically encourages people to come hang out there, ordering or not. People go and sit there all day working on their laptops.

The manager who called the cops needs to be fired. The cops need some stiff punishment up to and including firing. And the guys need a nice 5 figure settlement out of this. These are the causes we should get behind, not some dumb as criminal who may or may not have been shot one extra time

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-are-on-the-defensive/?utm_term=.2b3b14eddbcf

This is a non issue. The title should read "two men loitering were arrested when they refused to leave store".

They were there for a BUSINESS meeting with a real estate developer, you giant ass hat.
who cares? any business is there to make money, not cater your meeting for free, what kind of bullshit real estate developer doesn't have an office to meet in?

they were black, clearly they couldnt be there for a business meeting. obviously they were broke ass hoodrats!
And these are the same assholes that swear up and down that they're not racist and in fact you must be the racist for pointing out their racism. Sad.

Also, what legal right does a manager have to remove someone from an area open to the public?

Shouldn't the owner have to legally be the one to request that?
Manager is the one legally in care and control of the establishment.

who cares? any business is there to make money, not cater your meeting for free, what kind of bullshit real estate developer doesn't have an office to meet in?
They were obviously going to order stuff once they all got together. How fucking stupid are you? And maybe people sometimes prefer casual meetings in a fun place and not a stuffy office. You're just being a prick on purpose now.

You know what, fuck it - I take it all back.

Starbucks is racist.

You should boycott them.

Fuck Starbucks.

#NoStarbucks
I support this based solely on my dislike of Starbucks.

I support this based solely on my dislike of Starbucks.

Starbucks need to die, because people think we drink that shit up here in seattle.

It's like thinking Japanese people eat frozen fish sticks because they like sushi.

They were obviously going to order stuff once they all got together. How fucking stupid are you? And maybe people sometimes prefer casual meetings in a fun place and not a stuffy office. You're just being a prick on purpose now.

not as stupid as you are, starbucks is not a casual place, it's a place of business, the local park is a casual place, they can hang out all day and drink free water from the fountain. They could have easily waited outside for their friend to arrive and go in together and order. I won't call you a prick, but i do think you are dumb, but not on purpose, it's just the way you were born, I'm sorry.

He may be a prick, and I may be as well. So how about those making the baseless racism claim? What do we call them?

Look at the facts -

People were asked to make a purchase in a place built to sell stuff. They refused. Same people were asked to leave. They refused.

So, racism? Come on now.

To me the weirdest thing was why not just buy your coffee when they said we need you to buy something or get out. Your friend can drink his coffee alone, it's his fault for being late.

He may be a prick, and I may be as well. So how about those making the baseless racism claim? What do we call them?

Look at the facts -

People were asked to make a purchase in a place built to sell stuff. They refused. Same people were asked to leave. They refused.

So, racism? Come on now.
Sigh. The white guy they were meeting knew what the score was, because like me, he's done the same thing a thousand times and never been asked to buy something and then had them call the cops on him. That's just not how Starbucks works unless, you know. I suppose the fact it was two black guys waiting for a white friend who it happened to and not the other way around is purely coincidental. Yeah, you keep telling yourself that bullshit...

They were obviously going to order stuff once they all got together.
That's one hell of an assumption. One that doesn't match my own experience.
How fucking stupid are you?
A few give aways that someone is incredibly stupid are being emotional, reactionary, and vulgar. You have all those qualities.
And maybe people sometimes prefer casual meetings in a fun place and not a stuffy office. You're just being a prick on purpose now.
Casual meetings usually mean someone isn't committed and or able to actually do a deal.

We weren't buying anything.

We were loitering. Being teenagers. Hanging around just socializing and trying to talk to girls.

Exactly what these two idiots were probably doing, except they're broke ass 30 year old hoodrats - not 14 year old kids.

Vagrancy is illegal. They don't buy shit, get the fuck out. That space is for paying customers.

I'm getting a little tired of these videos that show fuck all about what really happened and just show a black guy getting arrested. were they asked to leave? How long had they been there?

Just more mainstream media bullshit. They pick insignificant stories like this to trend so they can cause more division between races. Divide and conquer.

There's obviously more to the story. They were probably being agressive or even threatening when asked to buy something or leave.

Lol , lots of ASSumptions being made here .

You cats have issues

Star bucks more like star fucked

Sigh. The white guy they were meeting knew what the score was, because like me, he's done the same thing a thousand times and never been asked to buy something and then had them call the cops on him. That's just not how Starbucks works unless, you know. I suppose the fact it was two black guys waiting for a white friend who it happened to and not the other way around is purely coincidental. Yeah, you keep telling yourself that bullshit...
So absolutely no proof, but racism! Come on.

This seems legit crazy to me.

Back