Conor says he has a trilogy-fight with Nate Diaz waiting in the UFC

If he comes back and doesn't fight the interim champ then he should be stripped. Enough of the bullshit already.

Wanna see it eventually but really hope this isn't his return fight

Would be nice to see him finally defend against Diaz.

If Conor's first fight back is a LW defense against Nate fucking Diaz, the guy who hasn't fought in a year I'm done with this fucking joke of a company

I think a defense against Nate would be the worst of all worlds. If he defends against Ferguson r Lee, it makes sense. If he wins, he solidifies his claim on the title. If he loses it frees up the division. If he takes a money fight against Nate, it makes sense, especially if the UFC strips him of the belt. The guy craves high drama and big money and it would be just what he wants. It's arguably the biggest money fight in MMA unless Conor calls out Brock.

I don't really care which way Conor goes. But making Nate a title shot screws up the division even worse, regardless of who wins, without really adding all that much intrigue.

You know I was being sarcastic about Nate, right?

@IngaVovchanchyn I think it's obvious now, he wants to duck the top/most dangerous opposition, while trying to keep his belt ala Bisping

I assumed. I just threw out my thoughts on it, because you never can tell just what the hell WME is going to do anyway.

I wouldn't mind a rubbermatch, but he has to defend the belt against the top guy. He knows stylistically Ferg and Kebab are awful matchups for him. Lee would be dangerous for him as well

@IngaVovchanchyn I think it's obvious now, he wants to duck the top/most dangerous opposition, while trying to keep his belt ala Bisping

That doesn't seem obvious to me. McGregor isn't afraid of losing imo. I mean, he's spent how long lobbying for the most lop-sided fight I can remember. He's a lock to lose.

I do think he wants to keep his belt and fight anyone who seems like a big draw or who can rustle up some drama.

I wouldn't mind a rubbermatch, but he has to defend the belt against the top guy. He knows stylistically Ferg and Kebab are awful matchups for him. Lee would be dangerous for him as well
I think he might definitely take a fight with Lee.

That doesn't seem obvious to me. McGregor isn't afraid of losing imo. I mean, he's spent how long lobbying for the most lop-sided fight I can remember. He's a lock to lose.

I do think he wants to keep his belt and fight anyone who seems like a big draw or who can rustle up some drama.

He's playing with house money with Floyd. The only way he loses is if he gets KO'd, otherwise he's a can't lose situation.

If true mma (ufc) is a complete joke. Im going back to watching nfl this.sport has peaked and is going downhill.

The smaller Octagon is a carry over from the WEC, and some fans think it made for more exciting fights and a somewhat higher finish percentage. I haven't seen it in a while, but they broke it out mainly for cards with big name lighter division fights.
iu

No, the use it when the venue is too small (IE the Palms/TUF finale cards)

It just happens the lower weight classes tend to main event these fights.

So he's saying he'll be p4p boxing king when he beats Floyd and then he'll fight Nate in the UFC?

If he really thinks he'll beat Floyd there's no way he's coming back to the UFC to fight for 3 million when he can fight the winner of GGG-Canelo for 100 million or so

GGG would punch a hole clean through his head. $10m for fighting Diaz is the better deal when you're going to get a hole punched through your head otherwise.

I agree but the UFC is pretty much the Conor show right now.

Unfortunately.

I thought the whole point of an interim title was that the real title holder would fight that person as soon as possible. If Conor is taking other fights than Ferg/Lee winner then there is basically just two LW divisions.... and that's pretty retarded.

Psychologically speaking, Conor has wired himself to aggressive achievement. Basically he underwent a fixation with reaching goals and maintaining goals (defending the title) are not in his nature. He will vacate and continue his climb into other things at a meteoric pace. He is not a normal fighter who puts the importance on defending the belt. It means little to him.

As far as arm chair psychology goes this is not bad.

Back