Conor says he has a trilogy-fight with Nate Diaz waiting in the UFC

Should be just another superfight at whatever weight. No F'n way Diaz jumps everyone, gets a title shot.

They might have to strip him but who cares, he fights money fights only now

MMA has gone down further than I thought if the MMA world would rather see that again than demand Mc defend the frikken belt.

I fuckimg LOVE that Comor is finally calling out Floyd on all his shenanigans. If you remember in the Maidana fight, he pulled the biggest pussy move ever by insisting he could not wear horse hair gloves, had to wear the gloves he wanted and ended up paying him 1.5 million.

Floyd is like Jones: terrified of losing and stacks the deck against his opponents. All his past opponents were just happy to be there, shy, quiet, humble and no one gave it to him, so it is amazing to see Conor let him have it finally in public.
How has Jones done anything like that?
$
, and I don't blame him for not taking bullshit like short notice fights. I don't buy into the brain dead macho bullshit mentality when it comes to short notice fights.

So he's saying he'll be p4p boxing king when he beats Floyd and then he'll fight Nate in the UFC?

If he really thinks he'll beat Floyd there's no way he's coming back to the UFC to fight for 3 million when he can fight the winner of GGG-Canelo for 100 million or so

No, he said it's one of his many options. He never said it was next.

Did he not ask Dana for Khabib in Russia?

What a surprise thats not happening

No I don't believe Conor has ever asked for a Khabib fight in Russia. That's a high-risk fight to book, to pick a challenger who has had trouble making weight, and also isn't a big ppv draw. His camp might have hinted at the possibility, I'm not sure, but Conor has not said anything about anyone other than Nate Diaz.

What happens to the holder of the interim title then?
Doesn't really matter, just a prop belt anyways. The Interim champ can hold onto the interim belt till the UFC decides that integrity is more important than making money (via Conor), which might be a long wait.

It is what it is.

So he's saying he'll be p4p boxing king when he beats Floyd and then he'll fight Nate in the UFC?

If he really thinks he'll beat Floyd there's no way he's coming back to the UFC to fight for 3 million when he can fight the winner of GGG-Canelo for 100 million or so
Do you really think if he beats Floyd that he'll return to the UFC with the same contract? Dana should hope he gets humiliated lol

Well I think its safe to assume the fight would be at LW. Conor already said a third fight would be at LW with Nate.....which would be a title defense.

A shitty title defense sort of like when Bisping "defended" against Hendo. Nate is not a contender at LW. He is not an active fighter. Conor is just going to ignore the interim belt holder to do whatever he wants? That would be a joke but I am not surprised.

Psychologically speaking, Conor has wired himself to aggressive achievement. Basically he underwent a fixation with reaching goals and maintaining goals (defending the title) are not in his nature. He will vacate and continue his climb into other things at a meteoric pace. He is not a normal fighter who puts the importance on defending the belt. It means little to him.

The smaller Octagon is a carry over from the WEC, and some fans think it made for more exciting fights and a somewhat higher finish percentage. I haven't seen it in a while, but they broke it out mainly for cards with big name lighter division fights.
iu

I knew I'd just heard of it in the ether somewhere and wasn't sure. And now... knowing is half the battle.

Do you know if 2012-2013 was the only year out so they used the two different sizes?

Everyone knows interim belts mean fuck all, but at least they should be a guaranteed shitle tot.
yeah! what the fuck.. that conor McGregor changing some things I think I liked just fine before.

Lmfao Is Ferg vs Lee not the interim title fight? Just strip the guy already. It will be a joke if they do that. The first two fights were fun, but I honestly couldn't give two shits about seeing the 3rd at this moment.. I'm a big fan of the Diaz Bros, but let's be honest, Nate has gotten the living piss beat out of him just about anytime he's ever fought a top tier LW. Like one sided beat downs. Thompson, Benson, RDA.....Yes, he did beat Cerrone and MJ (who has lost 4 of last 5). But then he takes out Conor and all of a sudden he's a world beater....

I get it though.....It will bring the $$$ and it's a much safer fight for him. It would be a big risk for Conor's image having him get boxed up by Floyd and then return to the UFC only to have a small fanbase guy like El Cucuy take his soul.

Conor gives the impression at the presser today that boxing is the game. If he comes back to the UFC., he will demand so much but there is really nothing as big as Mayweather. They will strain to pay him and the other fighters will drift in behind him but the UFC model cannot support the fighters making so much so fast because the sport is focused on expansion and expansion is expensive. THis fight this weekend is going to be interesting how it changes things.

Conor is wrecking the sport at a rapid pace.

It's only a matter of time before it's discovered that he has a drug problem.

The UFC would tie Conor up in the courts if he attempts to continue boxing past this fight (especially if it's a one sided ass beating). The UFC allowed this fight due to the amount of money to be made for all parties involved. Conor would have to continue to get their blessings if he wants to pursue boxing (while still contracted with the UFC).

I knew I'd just heard of it in the ether somewhere and wasn't sure. And now... knowing is half the battle.

Do you know if 2012-2013 was the only year out so they used the two different sizes?
Not sure, but probably. It's been a while, several years, since I've seen the smaller one I think. I somewhat preferred it.

Lol at his only title defense being someone not even in the top 5

But Diaz is both the only guy in the UFC to have beaten Conor and the guy who, in losing, gave Conor by far his toughest fight.

Duh. The next biggest fight they can make after this is Conor/nate at 155 for the LW title, thats why Conor told Nate after the 2nd fight "next time it'll be at 155"

And we all know Nate is deserving of a title shot
I think a defense against Nate would be the worst of all worlds. If he defends against Ferguson r Lee, it makes sense. If he wins, he solidifies his claim on the title. If he loses it frees up the division. If he takes a money fight against Nate, it makes sense, especially if the UFC strips him of the belt. The guy craves high drama and big money and it would be just what he wants. It's arguably the biggest money fight in MMA unless Conor calls out Brock.

I don't really care which way Conor goes. But making Nate a title shot screws up the division even worse, regardless of who wins, without really adding all that much intrigue.

Back