Conor says he has a trilogy-fight with Nate Diaz waiting in the UFC

It's true. They're 1-1. We need to know who is the better man. A triology is in order. This time it will be a LW bout for the title. Isn't Nate like #6 or something anyways?

This time Conor will outbox Nate even more.

I think this time Conor knocks Nate out

Everyone knows interim belts mean fuck all, but at least they should be a guaranteed shitle tot.
True. If Conor doesn't defend in his first fight upon return the UFC should strip him. They're going to have to anyway, but there's no need to drag it out. He likes to win belts not defend them. We all know that. He knows that. The UFC knows that.

Either way, I'd actually like to see McGregor-Diaz 3. The first two were both entertaining fights.

I fuckimg LOVE that Comor is finally calling out Floyd on all his shenanigans. If you remember in the Maidana fight, he pulled the biggest pussy move ever by insisting he could not wear horse hair gloves, had to wear the gloves he wanted and ended up paying him 1.5 million.

Floyd is like Jones: terrified of losing and stacks the deck against his opponents. All his past opponents were just happy to be there, shy, quiet, humble and no one gave it to him, so it is amazing to see Conor let him have it finally in public.

I don't like Floyd... But in the case of setting the rules for a fight in the options allowed to you in boxing, you have to fight for the rules that suit you...

Otherwise you're just handing all the advantages to your opponent.

In the UFC, at least the gloves are all the same weight/style (I think?), Although I don't like how they use different sized octogons (to be honest, this is what I've heard... Maybe it's a limitation of some of their venues, I dunno?)

Lol at his only title defense being someone not even in the top 5

If he really thinks he'll beat Floyd there's no way he's coming back to the UFC to fight for 3 million when he can fight the winner of GGG-Canelo for 100 million or so
If he beats Floyd he can make 100 million in either sport

He'd be a megastar.

I don't like Floyd... But in the case of setting the rules for a fight in the options allowed to you in boxing, you have to fight for the rules that suit you...

Otherwise you're just handing all the advantages to your opponent.

In the UFC, at least the gloves are all the same weight/style (I think?), Although I don't like how they use different sized octogons (to be honest, this is what I've heard... Maybe it's a limitation of some of their venues, I dunno?)
The smaller Octagon is a carry over from the WEC, and some fans think it made for more exciting fights and a somewhat higher finish percentage. I haven't seen it in a while, but they broke it out mainly for cards with big name lighter division fights.
iu

he knows he is about to get embarrassed and needs to set up a redemption lol!!!
might backfire, Diaz will beat him in another 5 round fight imo

That's nothing new. He also said there are many others.o_O

That's what I've been saying to people who have been mocking and laughing at Nate Diaz, calling out for him to fight or retire...

like, Conor McGregor has named 1 and only 1 specific opponent for a possible fight in his future in MMA, and that's Nate Diaz in a trilogy fight (rubber match).

Makes no sense for Nate to fight for 50K and reebok shoes, when he's got millions waiting for him in Conor's return-to-mma fight.

"Oh but rankings..." Yea, I don't agree with it myself but Conor does what Conor wants. If he wants to defend against Nate, the UFC is going to book it.

What a waste of time.

He needs to fight the top LW's not some bum gate keeper.

The smaller Octagon is a carry over from the WEC, and some fans think it made for more exciting fights and a somewhat higher finish percentage. I haven't seen it in a while, but they broke it out mainly for cards with big name lighter division fights.
iu
remember the wec was for smaller fighters too though, lhw and hw need the bigger cage imo

Not really interested in this for his next one

Too bad the Khabib ship sailed, that was the fight I wanted to see

Just officially strip him already. Fighting Diaz in November/December would mean that the LW title would not be defended in 1.5 years. Conor should get a TS when/if he returns to the LW division.
Or you know, Conor can defend the LW belt against Nate Diaz who happens to be a LW fighter?

remember the wec was for smaller fighters too though, lhw and hw need the bigger cage imo
Meh. The WEC used it for LHW too. HWs might not gas so fast if they didn't have to run around in that big space.

Did he not ask Dana for Khabib in Russia?

What a surprise thats not happening

Well I think its safe to assume the fight would be at LW. Conor already said a third fight would be at LW with Nate.....which would be a title defense.
My point's how's the UFC going to have an interim LW title holder (Ferg/Lee) and NOT have a title unification when Conor comes back? Conor coming back and immediately fighting Diaz (who's not even ranked in the top 10) for the title would be ridiculous. (as far as rankings/title picture goes). That's why I'm saying Conor should just be stripped, have his superfight with Diaz and then fight Ferg/Lee for the title.

Of course he wants it. He knows he barely won the rematch.

Back