Colby turns down UFC 228 title fight because he needs a “vacation”

After all that trash talking the Woodley fight is on the table and he turns it down?? I think Colby is petrified of Tyron, deep down. He knows best case scenario he gets absolutely demolished... but for a nice payday.

What Colby means is... He wants to be on the McGregor card, MSG or Lesnar.

Naw man. I ain’t doing that.

1XC2w0Y.gif
Good move...

Bullshit. It’s equally brutal being a coal miner, a roofer (especially in the southwest in the summer), a police officer in a high crime area where you literally go from call to call for twelve hours without a single break, 4 days in a row, for 50 weeks of the year...and let’s not even get into what soldiers overseas go through, and they don’t even get to come home every night. None of these guys are taking “vacations” for months on end whenever they want. And if Colby had some other reason he should of said it, but he used the word “vacation” so we have to take him at his word.

And I trained under the Assuncao brothers when they were coming up and when Junior was fighting in the UFC. I know a little about that lifestyle, and the hungry amateur fighters are training just as hard as the pros but they are literally taking fights like every other month. Colby is young enough and healthy enough to fight more than twice a year.

Most of what you are asserting is false.

I worked as a roughneck on an ultra-harsh environment drilling rig for years, and also on land-rigs in Alberta and northern BC, pushing drill pipe and spinning chain for 13 hours a day, 80+ days straight. No days off... In both insane heat, or up to -50 degrees. That’s one of the most dangerous jobs on earth and one of the hardest. Fact.

One of my very best friends is a cop in a high crime area. I think he’d laugh at what you’re attempting to suggest. I’ll ask him.

I still wasn’t getting punched in the head, slammed and strangled for hours every day. Killing myself in the gym, and starving to make weight followed by brutal weight cuts.

I was involved in MMA to an extent, between 2007 and 2013.

Training 2x a day, plus strength and conditioning was far more difficult and taxing, and took a much greater toll on my body than the oil rigs ever did.

Then to turn it up and look at guys that trained far harder than I did, I saw/see how hard Gavin Tucker trains, and how much he has suffered since the day he walked into our gym in 2007-2008, and how many brutal injuries he’s had... and TJ Grant, and many others. Since TJ has in fact worked in a mine since he retired from MMA due to head trauma, I can ask him about another of your assertions, and what he thinks was harder and worse for his body. I suspect I know the answer, but I suppose it’s possible that I could be wrong, although I anticipate TJ’s mine experience might not differ too much from my rig experience...

Can’t agree with anything you said bud.

I don't get how more people don't seem to notice how incredibly awkward Colby is. He constantly fucks up his prewritten, prerehearsed material and when he isn't speaking from a script he is clearly uncomfortable and nervous/geeky.

Obviously his whole schtick is an act but I actually think he is projecting all his own insecurties outward. Basically he calls people names that suit how he really feels about himself. He is awkward as shit, introverted and socially inept.
You hit the nail on the head there bud.

He comes across so uncomfortable it isn't funny. He looks it and you can hear it in his voice, nervous(as you said) and shaky. The fact that it's all prewritten and rehearsed and he still makes a mess of it makes him seem more of a tool. I hate the word but I'ma use it here; cringeworthy.

‘Fighters’ are fucking pussies.

They ‘work’ 15 mins a year and spend their time doing shit other people pay to do.

Every other athlete works harder than them and that includes golfers.

A pro wrestler works 350 days a year while these pussies do it at most twice a year.

Colby might have only fought once in 2018, but the time he put into promotional work goes unmatched compared to the rest of the roster

Hardest working heel in the game deserves to wait until November.

All the Chaos he’s caused with #NerdBash2018 has everyone yearning for more. Get on your knees and beg King Chaos.

He’s doing a poor job, I HOPE he isn’t trying his best.

Only cringey people find his thing funny.

You're getting shafted then. In the rest of the developed world we get 4 weeks of vacation a year, plus lots of other days off for stat holidays, etc.
yeah but at least we get free health care, oh wait...

Im not really a fan, but he's legit and he earned it. His pressure vs RDA was relentless

Let him heal up and have a fair fight.

The champion should be stripped because he hasn't fought in a year.

To me, you should beat the champ to be the champ. Woodley beat the champ and hasn't (officially) lost since.

Colby beat a contender, not a champ, and now isn't ready to fight the real champ. I don't fault him, really, if he needs recovery time. But the interim time is up because the real champ is back. Give Colby the next title shot if he'll be ready by then.

Woodley will gas out much quicker than RDA. can't wait to see Colby smash that racebaiter #NerdBash2018
Race-baiter? Colby promotes Trump (no explanation needed) and calls a nation of South Americans filthy animals. Sit down and shut the fuck up.

So...he’s been talking mad shit, calling out Woodley then took off when the fight got booked?

Wut?

“I need a little time off, I need to do a little recovering. I’m only human, man, I gotta get a little vacation.”

He’s fought only ONE time in 2018, and fought only twice in 2017. Meanwhile the average blue collar laborer gets just 2-3 weeks vacation per year. He’s certainly not going to make the welterweight division great again with that work ethic.

Edit: For all those saying three months is a short turnaround, Conor fought Nate then Alvarez within three months time span, Edgar fought Ortega and then Swanson with only 7 weeks in between, Bisping fought GSP and Gastelum three weeks apart, and Cerrone beat Benson with only two weeks off from his previous fight.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...-why-he-wont-fight-tyron-woodley-in-september
I don't know any laborer that get 2-3 week's of vacation....

Back