Colby turns down UFC 228 title fight because he needs a “vacation”

“I need a little time off, I need to do a little recovering. I’m only human, man, I gotta get a little vacation.”

He’s fought only ONE time in 2018, and fought only twice in 2017. Meanwhile the average blue collar laborer gets just 2-3 weeks vacation per year. He’s certainly not going to make the welterweight division great again with that work ethic.

Edit: For all those saying three months is a short turnaround, Conor fought Nate then Alvarez within three months time span, Edgar fought Ortega and then Swanson with only 7 weeks in between, Bisping fought GSP and Gastelum three weeks apart, and Cerrone beat Benson with only two weeks off from his previous fight.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...-why-he-wont-fight-tyron-woodley-in-september

Shiiiiit I never had any 2-3 weeks of vacation

Yep. Guy knows. He has less chance against Woodley than any challenger does against any other champ. I'm talking val vs montano or cyborg vs can territory.

Colby might have only fought once in 2018, but the time he put into promotional work goes unmatched compared to the rest of the roster

Hardest working heel in the game deserves to wait until November.

All the Chaos he’s caused with #NerdBash2018 has everyone yearning for more. Get on your knees and beg King Chaos.
You know I love you and all. I'm truly a fan, and you're OK in my book.

But posting dumb shit on social media takes little to no effort. If what he does is the benchmark for hard work when it comes to promotion, I outclass him by quite a lot.

Not as bad but a similar stunt as offering Maia title shot on short notice. Maia took it as a valiant challenger. Maia was likely less competitive and fair chance Woodley and UFC aware. UFC mainly wants an event so their motivations more understandable but for the challenge to be more competitive a rest before camp for a title fight reasonable. If there is another worthy challenger then they should step in. Colby can then wait longer could be much longer. Woodley took his time waiting for his title shot.

This is so stupid.

UFC 228 is 3 months after he fought RDA for 5 rounds. The UFC is okay with letting Woodley sit out for a year, but Covington can't take a couple months to recover from injuries before he starts another training camp?

The UFC are showing how desperate they are for money. They can't even fill up their PPV events because they have so many inactive champions. Khabib is going to fight god knows when, Max Holloway can't make it to an event now 3x in a row... who knows if DC will defend the LHW title, and Whittaker is out for another 7-8 months.

They shouldn't be punishing Colby for asking for a little time to recover.

This guy gets it.

Colby isn't a real champ anyway.
Who cares about that hover handing virgin.

Let him take his vacation.
Nobody will miss him.

Woodley is the real champ and if Colby isn't ready then they'll find someone.

You don't get to call the shots if you're interim champ.
Tony found that out.

Dude just fought in June. Why can't he wait until October/November/December to fight again?
He can wait until next year if he wants to.

But if he wants the belt, then he fights when the champ, Tyron Woodley, tells him to.

“I need a little time off, I need to do a little recovering. I’m only human, man, I gotta get a little vacation.”

He’s fought only ONE time in 2018, and fought only twice in 2017. Meanwhile the average blue collar laborer gets just 2-3 weeks vacation per year. He’s certainly not going to make the welterweight division great again with that work ethic.

Edit: For all those saying three months is a short turnaround, Conor fought Nate then Alvarez within three months time span, Edgar fought Ortega and then Swanson with only 7 weeks in between, Bisping fought GSP and Gastelum three weeks apart, and Cerrone beat Benson with only two weeks off from his previous fight.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...-why-he-wont-fight-tyron-woodley-in-september

Pussyitis is a very draining condition. Show some respect.

All these Primadonnas are ruining MMA
Only hurting themselves. Most fighters have a small window to make their money. Fight as often as you can in your prime so you don’t have to take a beating in your 40s

I like Colby, but this is pretty dumb of him. Dana is not know for his patience, and I’m sure the ufc will make him pay for making them wait. He is not a big enough star to demand how many months he gets off, and honestly I don’t think 3 months between fights is that unreasonable, especially since Colby has only fought once this year.

Hopefully he'll be forgotten about by the time he gets back. Let's just not hope he gets the belt before his holiday or soon everyone holding belts will only be twitter warriors

It's exhausting pretending to be rockstar Joe.

Anyone who hates on Colby is a beta.
That guy would kill you in a fight whilst getting your girlfriends phone number and polishing his new belt.

How do you talk the insane amount of shit that he talked, and then ask for a vacation? What a fucking joke.

Back