Colby turns down UFC 228 title fight because he needs a “vacation”

As a contractor it’s well within his rights to take off whatever time he wants. This shit wouldn’t happen if they were employees

He just went 5 hard rounds and Woodley's last fight was a year ago. UFC is just being desperate as usual.

I’m not a Colby fan but I hope, like a lot of others do, that he bests woodley. Then hopefully till usman or Santiago take his head off

As soon as anyone wins the belt, real or fake, they mandatory take a year off. Gotta hold onto that thing as long as you can right?

Colby Coward Covington content to tour around with his fugazi (fake) belt pronouncing he's gonna put that piece of plastic on Donald Trumps desk. Finally gets the chance to turn plastic into gold and he runs saying he needz a rest now..?

Colby knows his #Times Up but would rather wait on the NYC which is guaranteed stacked card and a pile of money if you catching ppv points. Coward knows if I'm gonna lose gimme the money from a phat card

The division doesn't wait on contenders. If you don't want to fight, get to the back of the line.

Awww, special little snowflake needs some nappy time. How's he going to do against Woodley when he couldn't keep RDA on the ground? Paper tiger, paper champ.

He beat rda with ease.

And who is the paper champ? The guy that rarely defends and couldn’t dispatch of wonderboy?

Colby Coward Covington content to tour around with his fugazi (fake) belt pronouncing he's gonna put that piece of plastic on Donald Trumps desk. Finally gets the chance to turn plastic into gold and he runs saying he needz a rest now..?

Colby knows his #Times Up but would rather wait on the NYC which is guaranteed stacked card and a pile of money if you catching ppv points. Coward knows if I'm gonna lose gimme the money from a phat card

<{katwhu}>

People need to try and understand what the life of a professional fighter is like. Constantly training in striking, grappling and doing the concomitant strength and conditioning work and dieting is a positively brutal way of life. Brutal....We have no idea what might be going on. Perhaps Colby has an injury he’d prefer not to disclose. Perhaps he got his bell rung in the RDA fight, or in training, and wants to tak some time to let that settle. Perhaps he has family obligations, or someone is ill.

Bullshit. It’s equally brutal being a coal miner, a roofer (especially in the southwest in the summer), a police officer in a high crime area where you literally go from call to call for twelve hours without a single break, 4 days in a row, for 50 weeks of the year...and let’s not even get into what soldiers overseas go through, and they don’t even get to come home every night. None of these guys are taking “vacations” for months on end whenever they want. And if Colby had some other reason he should of said it, but he used the word “vacation” so we have to take him at his word.

And I trained under the Assuncao brothers when they were coming up and when Junior was fighting in the UFC. I know a little about that lifestyle, and the hungry amateur fighters are training just as hard as the pros but they are literally taking fights like every other month. Colby is young enough and healthy enough to fight more than twice a year.

He beat rda with ease.

And who is the paper champ? The guy that rarely defends and couldn’t dispatch of wonderboy?

Hold up? Colby was dogging RDA for getting blazed by a FW (the Stephens KO) yet he couldn't do what a FW could do, he couldn't even keep RDA down to Khabib level.

Hold up? Colby was dogging RDA for getting blazed by a FW (the Stephens KO) yet he couldn't do what a FW could do, he couldn't even keep RDA down to Khabib level.

Why are some portions of your post bolded and highlighted? That’s weird.

Why are some portions of your post bolded and highlighted? That’s weird.

What does it matter to you? Does it take away from the post..? I'm just happy to see more doggers using the provided writing tools. To lead someone must be 1st...

What does it matter to you? Does it take away from the post..? I'm just happy to see more doggers using the provided writing tools. To lead someone must be 1st...

It is quite distracting.

He just went 5 hard rounds and Woodley's last fight was a year ago. UFC is just being desperate as usual.

Yep. None of their other fighers would take the UFC 228 main event spot. Conor still won't fight, Kabob is doing god knows what, and everyone else is injured.

Yep. None of their other fighers would take the UFC 228 main event spot. Conor still won't fight, Kabob is doing god knows what, and everyone else is injured.
228 is being sacrificed for 230 (MSG) and 232 (end of the year card).

I’m sure someone else would be happy to accept it

Possibly Colby contracted some sort of bacterial STD and needs to use antibiotics for weeks to treat it, thereby providing him about a month to get in shape. At least that is my theory.

Back