UFC fighter needs money for surgery

Cowboy Kurt Angle

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://www.gofundme.com/f/funds-wh...&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

Is go fund me says Josiah Harrell and a little bit about me. I got the shot to fight for the UFC 290. during that time something came up in my medical check up MRI. Long story short I have a moyamoya which is a rare brain disease that restrict blood flow to my right side of the brain. This was six months back. Now I am flying out to Stanford for the best doctors in the world. I will get my surgery, but during that time I will not be able to work in the recovery time so far is around three weeks. Anything helps even if it’s just a share. I appreciate you and I hope I get to fight for you soon.

Gonna throw a couple bucks his way. I love the fight community and work in it. Gotta back the boys

Oof, as soon as I started reading I remembered that Ohio prospect, he was supposed to be a top wrestler and had some slick BJJ (he was a Dave Freetage guy, trained at the Grove City BJJ with some solid local guys)

He was a good prospect on paper, young guy with high level wrestling AND high level BJJ aaaand it seemed like his striking was relatively good
6-0-1 as an amateur, & 7-0 as a pro.
Cut down right before fighting in the UFC... that must suck so much.

Let's hope for a happy ending, like in the very similar case of Vince Murdock who had the exact same disease, and was able to go back to fighting and even got a shot at TUF 29 after his surgery

Aaaaanyway
...Should you call yourself a UFC fighter if you never fought there, even if you were supposed to?

Like, random example Matt Serra was supposed to fight as some early PRIDE event but because of a pyrotechnics incident with his opponent, the fight was called off last second... Wes "The Project" Sims was booked for a couple PRIDE fights that ended up not panning out for weird reasons (against Fujita and Mark Hunt)
I wouldn't call either of them PRIDE fighters

Back