Colby turns down UFC 228 title fight because he needs a “vacation”

Newave

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
“I need a little time off, I need to do a little recovering. I’m only human, man, I gotta get a little vacation.”

He’s fought only ONE time in 2018, and fought only twice in 2017. Meanwhile the average blue collar laborer gets just 2-3 weeks vacation per year. He’s certainly not going to make the welterweight division great again with that work ethic.

Edit: For all those saying three months is a short turnaround, Conor fought Nate then Alvarez within three months time span, Edgar fought Ortega and then Swanson with only 7 weeks in between, Bisping fought GSP and Gastelum three weeks apart, and Cerrone beat Benson with only two weeks off from his previous fight.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...-why-he-wont-fight-tyron-woodley-in-september

Last edited:
who cares about what the average blue collar laborer gets. but "vacation" doesn't necessarily mean a vacation, but just a rest from injuries and what not

Colby might have only fought once in 2018, but the time he put into promotional work goes unmatched compared to the rest of the roster

Hardest working heel in the game deserves to wait until November.

All the Chaos he’s caused with #NerdBash2018 has everyone yearning for more. Get on your knees and beg King Chaos.

Last edited:
Colby might have only fought once in 2018, but the time he put into promotional work goes unmatched compared to the rest of the roster

Hardworking heel in the game deserves to wait until November.

All the Chaos he’s caused with #NerdBash2018 has everyone yearning for more. Get on your knees and beg King Chaos.

{<jordan}

You’re pathetic. Quack quack.

Woodley will be relieved.

Wait—does Woodley still fight?

Back down to 28k followers

Awww, special little snowflake needs some nappy time. How's he going to do against Woodley when he couldn't keep RDA on the ground? Paper tiger, paper champ.

Dude just fought in June. Why can't he wait until October/November/December to fight again?

Awww, special little snowflake needs some nappy time. How's he going to do against Woodley when he couldn't keep RDA on the ground? Paper tiger, paper champ.
Woodley will gas out much quicker than RDA. can't wait to see Colby smash that racebaiter #NerdBash2018

This is so stupid.

UFC 228 is 3 months after he fought RDA for 5 rounds. The UFC is okay with letting Woodley sit out for a year, but Covington can't take a couple months to recover from injuries before he starts another training camp?

The UFC are showing how desperate they are for money. They can't even fill up their PPV events because they have so many inactive champions. Khabib is going to fight god knows when, Max Holloway can't make it to an event now 3x in a row... who knows if DC will defend the LHW title, and Whittaker is out for another 7-8 months.

They shouldn't be punishing Colby for asking for a little time to recover.

who cares about what the average blue collar laborer gets.

It just further highlights how lazy he is. 60 hour a week labor jobs are really tough on the body too, but people just do what they gotta do and make it happen.

He's doing it wrong...you're supposed to go on vacation once you get the belt, like everyone else does

d0aM207.png
bi9q3pP.png

B9yg3cA.gif

Great, take as long as you need, I hear Pluto is nice this time of year.

Back