Coach Kavanagh: "I haven't spoken to Conor since the fight"

Ever heard of a small podcast called JRE?

You kids are honestly so beyond cringey. "Lolz zomg he bRoKE coner!!!!!! coner iz never going to show hiz face againzzz!!!!!!!!!!"

Meanwhile we literally already have footage of Conor out touring the world and hanging out with fucking rockstars.........chilling with huge crowds of adoring fans, Conor saying he wants the rematch already, etc.. You literal nothings want so badly to kick a man while he is down, just because hes better than you.

Newsflash: Conor has an amazing resume he can hang his hat on, first dual champ and biggest star in the history of the sport. Also has a beautiful healthy family. And lets not forget 100 million dollars. Oh yea and believe it or not still tens of millions of adoring fans.

Yea, he is devestated.
You are so rustled it's beautiful.

Until he starts training for his next fight why bother discussing it.
They should watch it a few times first too.

It's not like there's anything to discuss, Conors weakness is the same thing it's always been.
lol in a tweet about changing camps Cavana gets all worked up about how this kind of bond and blah blah blah cant be developed overnight, and now his boy got defeated in most humiliating fashion and he hasnt even spoken with him? some bond, huh....

His coach was on JRE on monday...
He was telling that they focused on defense too much and that they can do better next time.
Sure...
What's he gonna say, he's trying to save his meal ticket?? "Hey, I think this is just a terrible matchup for my boy. We're fucked"

JK is his own man. He's financially set himself so he doesn't depend on Conor. The man enjoys his job and I can feel that. The riches that come along with Conor doesnt hurt but being able to coach others and see them progress is the real reward. Wut?

He claimed he didnt even talk to him for three months prior to diaz 1. Conor seems to do his own thing. Kav is probably a push over anyway just riding the conor wave and opening gyms/selling books and not demanding conor get his shit straight.

He's definitely not like my wrestling coach in HS who used to turn heat to 100 and make us drill 3 hrs. Then run 7 miles yelling at us more faster whole time.
U seriously just compared your HS wrestling coach to Kav and said Conor needs to get his shit straight? Did u make it to the UFC, were u ever a champ champ, u ever made 100million in 30 minutes? If someone needs to get their shit together it's not Conor it's all the basement dwellers celebrating another mans loss in the UFC as if it's not part of the fight game

Khabib broke him more than I thought.
Nah. It just illustrates the differences in attitude between Khabib and Conor.
Conor = Business.
Khabib = Honor and family. And his team is family to him. Its the Muslim attitude.

Khabib said it best wrt to CMcG, and this has ramifications for Kavanagh - He, Conor can't go 5 rounds(wrestling). And for that reason alone (I also assume that Khabib is not going to forget his wrestling skills, why should he if he trains it almost all the time?) Conor will have in all matchups against Khabib, shall we say 'difficulties'. Fact of the matter is, if you are taken down by a guy like Khabib and you "let him gas" the way Conor was letting, as Cruz conjectured, it will be a looong night for you, and you will be at the receiving end of it.

Also, Conor, as said by Khabib relies on his timing. This thing is very elusive and depends alot on things like - self belief and being 'in the zone'. Are you in the zone agains Khabib at any point of the fight? Did you see any guy being in the zone agains a guy like Cormier at any point? No. You know why? Because it is the dominant wrestler of the fight who dictates the pace of the fight. The power of Conor in his hands is not going to be the deciding factor either - "the killer" factor. You all saw it. But his wrestling dis-ability is rather a showstopper. Again, timing is such an ephemeral, precarious and unreliable thing that once it is gone it is gone forever - and it looks like, this skill diminishes rather fast with time, unlike strength which is bedrock of wrestling.

But no worries. Conor was never in fist fights for the same reasons Khabib is in. Conor is an ex-plumber, now a self made multi-millionaire. A father. A family man. He always told that he is in here for a short amount of time, to come in, make money and retire - and he probably already has achieved all that. However, frankly, he will never be and never was at Khabib's level. Anyway, what Khabib is about and what he is after is off-topic.

As far as Kavanagh goes, he will never get kids as serious about their wrestling and fighting abilities as those kids from Dagestan, Chechnya and that region in general. For that to happen, Kavanagh has to grow people from toddler ages to adulthood on competition level wrestling. Iron shapes iron kind of wrestling. Somehow I don't see that happening. It is too much of an ask for those folks around Kavanagh, it seems. And for this reason as well, Conor is a man, at this stage, too old to be changed - he will not learn that level of wrestling that Khabib has.

There are some things that Kavanagh can do to alleviate the pain and cope somewhat with the situation - develop strategies, train his fighters some defense and coping skills. But frankly, he can't do much given the situation - it will always be like that. Because fundamentally, the situation is akin to the one when Kav's fighters bring knives to a gun fight. They need to learn to defend against guys like Khabib, bide their time while not receiving too much damage and hope that their other skills they have will prove deadly later on in the fight. And they need to find ways to use their energy more efficiently. Ha :) Good luck you plumbers. Pick your fights carefully.

wait I watched part of the video
the weirdest part was when ariel asked if he rewatched the fight and Kavanagh said he hadn't been able to find it online
wtf
the fighters/coaches don't get access to ufc fights for real?
would be weird to be cage side for a fight and have to pay to rewatch it but wtf it's his job to rewatch it, why not just pay for the event?

This isn't anything new. They're fighter and coach, not best friends.

8789BC43-77FB-4EDD-AA00-FE9E2B3D962F.jpeg
There is nothing to discuss. Conor simply wasn’t 100%
giphy-downsized-large.gif

This isn't uncommon practice from sbg

Back