Coach Kavanagh: "I haven't spoken to Conor since the fight"

I'm just going to call this now. Conor is going to move to another camp.

Conor should move to Canada and train with Firas at Tristar.

They're not close any more.

Conor was actually hugely distant from his entire camp this fight. You could see it in Vegas. The team were in a separate compound - even Kavanagh and Roddy - and Conor was somewhere else with his gf and I believe a bunch of his drinking buddies from Dublin.

Everybody sits around bored in the UFC PI, waiting for Conor. He shows up, they train briefly, then Conor says see ya later and speeds off in his Lamborghini. They don't see him again until same time next day.

The tight family vibe they had some years ago is gone.

He's pretty much just going through the motions (of being a fighter) nowadays. The hunger is gone, he's collecting a pay cheque.

Conor should stop partying, stop drinking and stop the coke and then focus on training with legit champions instead of "yes sir" training partners

Irish Edmond is worried about his job security.

I'm just going to call this now. Conor is going to move to another camp.
Ne cannot, mostly because of his past shenanigans about loyalty. Why would he do that? He either retires right now or comes back for one last paycheck against Nate.

They're not close any more.

Conor was actually hugely distant from his entire camp this fight. You could see it in Vegas. The team were in a separate compound - even Kavanagh and Roddy - and Conor was somewhere else with his gf and I believe a bunch of his drinking buddies from Dublin.

Everybody sits around bored in the UFC PI, waiting for Conor. He shows up, they train briefly, then Conor says see ya later and speeds off in his Lamborghini. They don't see him again until same time next day.

The tight family vibe they had some years ago is gone.

He's pretty much just going through the motions (of being a fighter) nowadays. The hunger is gone, he's collecting a pay cheque.

That's a good point but that might have been just for the last couple weeks in Vegas. If it was like that during his main camp in Ireland, then that's a pretty big cause for concern.

Ever heard of a small podcast called JRE?

You kids are honestly so beyond cringey. "Lolz zomg he bRoKE coner!!!!!! coner iz never going to show hiz face againzzz!!!!!!!!!!"

Meanwhile we literally already have footage of Conor out touring the world and hanging out with fucking rockstars.........chilling with huge crowds of adoring fans, Conor saying he wants the rematch already, etc.. You literal nothings want so badly to kick a man while he is down, just because hes better than you.

Newsflash: Conor has an amazing resume he can hang his hat on, first dual champ and biggest star in the history of the sport. Also has a beautiful healthy family. And lets not forget 100 million dollars. Oh yea and believe it or not still tens of millions of adoring fans.

Yea, he is devestated.

If Conor cared about MMA anymore, he would be back in the trenches already drilling takedown defense and BJJ.

Not partying with rockstars.

Khabib broke his fighting spirit.

He has obviously decided that this game is not worth it at this point because he is so far behind, so he isn't going to even try.

Coaching Conor McGregor must be a frustrating experience at times.

I love to watch the guy but Jesus Christ he is an extremely poorly disciplined fighter.

Did JK not say that Conor has been all over the country promoting his whiskey,
Jk has cornered fighters at Bellator this weekend so his focus has to be on them the last few days.
I dont know why people read something differant from this.
I have always thought JK to be a decent guy but he does seem too nice and people will always take that as weakness .

Conor seems to be a major prima donna who has no discipline andno work ethic
I'm not a Conor fan at all, in fact I think he's a dick and root against him. But your comment is clearly just not true.

He wants to spend a few quid on a treadmill, and that's from a huge fan, whoever his strength and conditioning coach is wants an arse kicking.

Ne cannot, mostly because of his past shenanigans about loyalty. Why would he do that? He either retires right now or comes back for one last paycheck against Nate.

He would still make huge money vs Nate. Nate has also been seriously inactive, so the fight might suit Conor.

If Conor beats Nate? Then he will try once more for the 155 title. If he loses? Well I do think that will be him. Maybe he will box Paulie lol

I'm not a Conor fan at all, in fact I think he's a dick and root against him. But your comment is clearly just not true.

Based on what? Ive watched his career. can you tell me one other martial artists who throughout their entire career failed to develop any cardio? who started up their own entire cardio program and somehow still couldnt do it? i cant think of a single one. he doesnt have the discipline to manage his efforts in the cage and he doesnt have the discipline to get out and do road work like every other fighter, ever

listen to kavanagh on rogans podcast talk about how they get ido in to play games because conor gets bored of drilling single leg defence. listen to him talk about how they cant get other coaches in because he's worried theyll "clash with conors personality". listen to how he talks shit during all his sparring and kav has to explain and excuse all this for sparring partners.

look at how he has shit on his sparring partners like paulie and van heerden, getting them in and taking up their time only to try to inflate himself by releasing edited videos of their training together. thats prima donna shit. did someone say snake in the grass?

you can look back at interviews with kavanagh between the nate fights where he talks about how him and conor had grown apart, how he barely ever saw conor at the gym and never knew if or when he was going to show up, and conor would mostly show up late at night when kav wasnt even there

go check out conor drinking whisky a week out from the khabib fight, or any of the countless pressers where the overwhelming consensus is that he is on cocaine

does this look like a professional athlete to you?

how is a guy getting that wasted going to keep up with a guy like khabib who has been training constantly since he was a child and has never had a drop of alcohol in his life due to his religion? conor is just fucking around, he has a completely ridiculous ego and thinks that he can knock everyone out in round one. thats why when he doesnt get the ko, things tend to go to shit

Back