Chuck Liddell: In my prime, I would have walked through Jones' punches and KO'd him

Prime Chuck got manhandled by Rampage.

4hsdxv.jpg

that was not prime Liddell.

Love the new talking Chuck!

He just called JoJo pillow fists. Lol. JoJo has none of Liddell's raw KO hand power.

Ice still in his veins.

War The Iceman!

patrick-cote_kendall-grove.gif

jorge-rivera_kendall_grove.gif

markhuntko.gif

Cub+Swanson+Drops+George+Roop+UFC+on+Fox+2.gif

1.gif

Do I really need to waste my time posting more gifs of guys rocking much taller opponents?

It's not rare in this sport.

Okay.....I said it wasnt impossible. I said it was more difficult.

Punching up does take away power, overhands kind of negate that.

Remind me of Jones' string of one punch knockouts...

This wasn't exactly 'Prime chuck' anyway.

Still, I don't see any version of Chuck beating Jones, but it would be interesting.

How many does Rashad have against guys not named Chuck?

At the time of that fight, "educated MMA fans" thought that Rashad KOing Chuck was the last thing that was going to happen irrespective of how old Chuck was.

I've always thought prime Liddell is a bad matchup for Jones. I honestly don't know what Jones would be able to do to him. Knock him out? Nope. Take him down and tko or tap him? Doubt it.

His best chance would be to use his length to stay on the outside and control an uneventful decision win. Problem is like Chuck said; Liddell would be more than willing to eat a few in order to close the distance and drop bombs on Jones.

Liddell might have to make a slight adjustment in his technique to better allow him to throw uppercuts, but in any case I see him making the clinic Gus put on Jones look like a Dana White boxercise session.

btw I don't rank Chuck as a top-4 LHW all-time but he's the only LHW in MMA history that I'd favor in a fight vs Jones

WTF are you talking about. That was 34 year old, prime Chuck.

The post that you responded to reminds me of the old days on Sherdog. Apparently, "Prime Chuck" only existed when he was champ before the Rampage rematch.

Prime Chuck got smashed by Rampage, twice - once in Pride and once in the UFC. Jones would destroy Chuck.

We all know how mma math works out. Now I don't think it would be that easy for chuck but the matchup itself is very interesting, that would be one hell of a fight that chuck could win IMO. Too many people giving chuck no chance is just laughable.

I agree with Liddell!! No way Jones is taking prime chuck down

It would be tough for him to get chuck down but if he did chuck was very hard to keep down. I would have loved to have watched this fight, both are monsters and great champs.

Is the Iceman a playable character in the UFC game? That's the only way we'll know.

Liddell was taken down and pummeled by Rampage in his supposed prime. Then pummeled again. This ain't Jeremy Horn or Vernon White here.

Prime Rampage had head movement and could move a Sherman tank with his hook, plus Liddell circled into that punch in their rematch. Anyway, Jones says he's a good boxer but I don't see him being able to keep Liddell at bay with those strikes. He could probably knee stomp him all night long though...

Sad to see all the hate Chuck gets now. Those last couple fights really tarnished his legacy.

Agreed, cool to watch but not clever. AS for Chuckie, hes not half wrong; Punching power wise, Chuck knocks Jones out every time...power for power. The other side is even in his prime, Liddell had poor defense, but a great chin(lots of holes in his game). Jones has lots of holes in his game too, but he is too big at LHW and no one notices. Watch the fight with Alexsander and it shows. Some one his size with power, or Fedor 10 years ago has got a great chance.

Back