Chuck Liddell: In my prime, I would have walked through Jones' punches and KO'd him

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Chuck Liddell thinks Jon Jones is an excellent talent and great UFC light heavyweight champion. But the UFC Hall of Famer believes in his prime, he would have upended the young phenom.

Liddell loves Jones' overall game, but is not at all impressed with his punching power. He thinks if the two would have fought in his prime, he would have knocked Jones out.

"I think I would have been a horrible matchup for him," Liddell told FOX Sports. "I would have walked through his punches and he wouldn’t have caught me with anything."

In his prime, "The Iceman" was nearly impossible to take down and had one of the most legendary chins in the game. For those reasons, Liddell believes he would have given Jones a tough time. Ever the competitor, Liddell doesn't even really like talking about it, because it'll never happen outside of the new EA Sports UFC video game. But of course he believes he would win.

"I would have found a way to hit him," Liddell said, "and I hit too hard."

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/chuck-liddell-i-would-have-walked-through-jon-jones-punches-and-ko-d-him-042214?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:ufconfox

kocosports-evansko.gif

Eh.... Maybe, Chuck. Would've been an interesting fight that's the only definite thing.

well, we'll see what Glover does. If Glover can't touch him up then Liddell wouldn't have been able to do it either.

1. Past his prime
2. Jones has never hit that hard, which is one of Chuck's main points as to why he thinks he'd win

So you're 0/2

Liddell was taken down and pummeled by Rampage in his supposed prime. Then pummeled again. This ain't Jeremy Horn or Vernon White here.

But Chuck, you're not in your prime so crawl back to making bad commercials.

Remind me of Jones' string of one punch knockouts...

This wasn't exactly 'Prime chuck' anyway.

Still, I don't see any version of Chuck beating Jones, but it would be interesting.

Lol chuck has been pretty vocal lately. Think he's trying to get a comeback fight??

Poor Chuck...he's become one of those old guys that believes his own myth.

Back