Chuck Liddell: In my prime, I would have walked through Jones' punches and KO'd him

Jones doesn't really have KO power and Chuck's chin was great in his prime. Could go either way, Jones by sub or Prime Chuck by KO.

As much as I love chucky...no. He would have never gotten close to jones chin

Chuck never fought the toughest guys in his prime. He went over the PRIDE and we all know what happened.

Liddell was taken down and pummeled by Rampage in his supposed prime. Then pummeled again. This ain't Jeremy Horn or Vernon White here.

Remind me where Jones has ever showed power similar to Rampage?

Rampage and Jones are nothing alike as fighters.

Was Chuck wearing a high school letterman jacket drinking a Natty Light while saying this?

1. Past his prime
2. Jones has never hit that hard, which is one of Chuck's main points as to why he thinks he'd win

So you're 0/2
Simple question:
Who did Chuck beat before his string of losses that started in 2007 that prove he was ever really that good? None of them were better than the guys who beat him in the following years.

Liddell was taken down and pummeled by Rampage in his supposed prime. Then pummeled again. This ain't Jeremy Horn or Vernon White here.

Vitor or Allistar hit hard?

He aged in one fight. Once your chin goes that's it. Ask Wand or Leben.

"Prime Chuck" vs Jones looks like this...
qssgsm.jpg

I'd favor Jones for sure but Prime Chuck would have a chance. He hit really hard and he was nearly impossible to takedown and keep down. Jones probably keeps him at distance but if Chuck got in range he could put Jones to sleep.

Prime Rampage would have had a chance too and he is nothing like Jones in any way so saying Rampage beat Chuck therefore Jones would win for sure is ridiculous.

People will cry about what Chuck said because its regarding Jones..which i dotn get the kid is a spoiled brat but anyway.

Anyone who thinks otherwise never watch Chuck Liddel fight in his prime, the guy walked through pretty much everything thrown at him...he had the best chin at LHW for a long time, it wasnt until the Rampage rematch where he looked human when it came to absorbing a punch, kinda like what happens to pretty much everyone.

I think he is spot on to say this, he would walk through Jones punches as they dont have much on them, as for what would happen on the ground its hard to say, because Chuck had amazing TDD at one point, but if Jones got him there I would say the much bigger fighter would win.

Regardless, if glover comes in with the Mike Tyson Gameplan, i actually think he wins the fight...I have been saying this since Jones won the title...fighters need to start pushing the fight towards him....not giving him his fight like Shad, Rampage, Sonnen and Vitor all did.

Hopefully Glover shuts the kid up KO rd 1-2.

I completely agree with Chuck. Jones isn't much different now than smaller Reem from a striking perspective.

Back