Chuck Liddell: In my prime, I would have walked through Jones' punches and KO'd him

Let's not also forget that, machida, sonnen, vitor, rashad are all natural MW's fighting a huge lhw! Shogun was half the fighter he was when he fought jones and gus beat him!

Wow! Chuck was taken down & knocked down by Jose Landi the chute box Wwt that Chuck could not finish! Did you forget that Chuck could not put away Vitor? Did you forget Machida is a former Lhwt champion that beat Rashad, Shogun & Couture all guys that defeated Chuck! Franklin (a Mwt) & two of those fighters you mentioned in Rashad\Shogun help send Chuck into retirement lol! Rashad made his victory over Chuck look like a crime scene! All they needed was the yellow tape!

Last edited:
facts: Liddel had a good chin in his prime. Liddel hits like a truck, prime. So maybe he could, we will never find out.

Facts: Jones is the current champ. He has smashed Chuck's short record at a time where there is a whole lot more comp in Lhwt. Rampage smashed and took Chuck's title in early 2007 is currently 35yrs old & Rampage lost to Jones back in late 2011! Liddell's replica/partner/prediction to finish Jones within 3 rounds/hits like a truck/is in his prime Glover did fight Jones and at least we did find out that night who the man was!

Last edited:
I love Chuck, but man, saying this type of stuff is just sad. The fight will never happen.

Also imo as a fan of both guys, *I'd have to say MMA has evolved past sprawl and brawl. Prime chuck = sprawl and brawl. Current Prime Jones is an all around Mixed Martial artist. Who could negate Chucks eye pokes with better eyepokes. His chin while maybe not as good as Chucks, is still VERY good. His cardio, WAY better. Striking way more diverse. Let's not forget fighter IQ. Jones having probably one of the highest the sport has seen, aside from GSP, and Chuck having well, let's just say not the greatest.

Sure Prime Chuck has an outside "punchers chance" Just like Glover did, and we see how well that worked out. I see Jones smothering Pime Chuck against the fence, and ragdolling him,and Hellbowing him. Either Jones wins via decision, or gets a hold of Chucks neck and puts him to sleep like he did Machida. Very, Very slim chance of Chuck KO'ing Jones with his OH right. Really it would have to go down like JDS vs. Cain 1 for Chuck to win. Look what happened in the next 2 fights when the "punchers chance" doesn't come through. You get beat down, and picked apart for 5 rounds.

Prime Chuck was great. But Prime Jones is making history and breaking records. It's sad to see Chuck make these types of statements. It's like a 50 year old guy trying to relive his glory days of when he was in the NFL for a few years in his 20's, it's just sad to listen to. It's also disrespectful to the current champ.

Prime Chuck's resume, is no where near as good as Jones' wins, vs. very tough opponents.

Now this is a great post and very realistic! I agree! This is pretty much the way I see the fight happening if you read my post! I like that! Sprawl & brawl vs All around mixed martial artist!

Last edited:
liddell's kempo thumbs vs Jones' kempo fingers.

battle of the eye poke.

Back