Chuck Liddell: In my prime, I would have walked through Jones' punches and KO'd him

Yeah, that extra two inches of height that Jones has on Liddell makes him unknockoutable.

The crap that gets posted here is unreal.

Jones isn't even standing up straight in that gif.

But also

Jones fights tall

Liddell does not

If that same punch landed on Jones, he would be on his ass.

its not the punches, its the knee stops and eye pokes that will slow you down. glover better blitz jones quick

Chin got him mad.
6.gif

Eats that Rashad right hand for breakfast. Night night Chuck.

I think that punch hit JJ on the shoulder a bit before connecting. And didn't connect with rashads middle finger knuckle proper. Like it deflected off the shoukder a bit and slapped JJ. Looks like that in the gif anyways. The one that landed on chuck was as clean as it gets.

I'm surprised how many say prime Chuck has no chance. Jones would be favored, but Chuck makes some valid points and I absolutely believe he'd have a decent shot to win.

Liddell was taken down and pummeled by Rampage in his supposed prime. Then pummeled again. This ain't Jeremy Horn or Vernon White here.

And Rampage was a shit match up for Liddell. Liddell also beat wand, which rampage failed to do two out of three times. Styles make fights, and Chuck probably would've been a tough style match up for Jones. He was big, with some of the best tdd and ability to get up from a takedown there was, with an awkward style, iron chin, and power to spare.

Translation would be I told Glover to do the same thing if it doesn't work it's all on me. :icon_lol: That would be known as the 2 for 1 special ladies and gents.

Jones has finished better strikers with better TDD than chuck ( rampage and machida ) he also made belfort look silly on the feet. Jones has also finished guys that are more durable than chuck was ( shogun ) he's actually beaten 3 guys that have have finished chuck

if he can avoid getting poked in the eyes, he has a good shot.

nobody could fuck with chuck in his prime.

I think Prime Chuck's fighting style and strength's would give him a fair chance.

Poor Chuck.

Young Jones would kill Chuck. Prime Jones would kill Chuck. Old Jones is yet to be seen, but he'd probably kill Chuck too.

Jones has finished better strikers with better TDD than chuck ( rampage and machida ) he also made belfort look silly on the feet. Jones has also finished guys that are more durable than chuck was ( shogun ) he's actually beaten 3 guys that have have finished chuck

MMAth shouldn't be applied here.
Rampage was ALSO past his prime and Prime Chuck punched harder and had a better chin than Lyoto.

Walked through his punches, yeah, don't know about his elbows though.

But also

Jones fights tall

Liddell does not

If that same punch landed on Jones, he would be on his ass.

...and it's impossible to generate any kind of power when you punch up, right?

StruveNelson.gif

This is some of the silliest shit that I've ever read on this forum.

...and it's possible to generate any kind of power when you punch up right?

StruveNelson.gif

This is some of the silliest shit that I've ever read on this forum.

I didnt say it was impossible, I said it was more difficult.

And Big Country is one of the hardest hitting dudes ever.

Back