Chuck Liddell: In my prime, I would have walked through Jones' punches and KO'd him

if he can avoid getting poked in the eyes, he has a good shot.

nobody could fuck with chuck in his prime.

Agree if Jones avoids getting poked in the eye by Chuck who poked guys alot, Jones has a shot. Think its more than just a good shot though.

MMAth shouldn't be applied here.
Rampage was ALSO past his prime and Prime Chuck punched harder and had a better chin than Lyoto.

Rampage was looking pretty good going into that fight. He didn't really lose it until jones wrecked his knees. Chuck has no victories over anyone near jones' caliber. I like chuck and all but jones has beaten a lot of guys that have badly beaten chuck guys with very similar styles to chuck. I think chuck would have ended up getting choked out very similar to rampage. I would just like to say that yes typically mmath isn't a good way to go when a guy has beaten three guys that all finished the other guy it's kind of hard to ignore

Chuck was knocked out by Rampage, twice in his prime.

Jones would have destroyed any form of Chuck.

Chuck would have got guillotined and shat his pants against Jones

And Rampage was a shit match up for Liddell. Liddell also beat wand, which rampage failed to do two out of three times. Styles make fights, and Chuck probably would've been a tough style match up for Jones. He was big, with some of the best tdd and ability to get up from a takedown there was, with an awkward style, iron chin, and power to spare.

Pretty sure Wand was a lesser fighter after getting KOd by Hendo.

Chuck had strong TDD a good chin and crazy power. I love how everyone looks at his career now and thinks he was a joke.

Prime Chuck was tooled by a prime Randy. jon would defeat all of the past great lightweights. Unless it was a Grand Prix and he had to fight twice in the same night.

People saying Chuck had zero chance are crazy.

Prime Chuck got manhandled by Rampage.

4hsdxv.jpg

Chuck had a style that could give Jones problems, but I'm not so sure it would have gone his way. But it would have been fun to watch though.

I didnt say it was impossible, I said it was more difficult.

And Big Country is one of the hardest hitting dudes ever.

patrick-cote_kendall-grove.gif

jorge-rivera_kendall_grove.gif

markhuntko.gif

Cub+Swanson+Drops+George+Roop+UFC+on+Fox+2.gif

1.gif

Do I really need to waste my time posting more gifs of guys rocking much taller opponents?

It's not rare in this sport.

Your assertion is ridiculous.

Back