Chuck Liddell: In my prime, I would have walked through Jones' punches and KO'd him

Love Chuck but that fight would look like Machida vs Jones.

kocosports-evansko.gif

He said prime dick smack

Jones would take him down and hellbow him into a bloody mess.

I agree, chuck was a monster that could have terrified jones. Big shots backing jones up against the cage like Tito and polishing him off from there.

if the ufc is the sinking ship some people think it is then i wouldnt be surprised if we ended up seeing a liddell jones fight in the future. itd be the male-equivolant of gina vs ronda, no? except even more sellable and plausible that the champ would lose? they pulled a fossilized randy couture outta retirement, why cant they do the same with liddell?

they can downplay his string of KO losses by saying that all this time off hes taken has allowed his chin to reharden lol and that hes ready to reestablish himself as the ufc lhw goat by taking out jones

Man I was thinking the exact same thing. I hope to god that it doesn't happen.

Prime Chuck vs. today's Jones would make a badass matchup. No one can say for sure what would happen, though. Maybe Chuck WOULD walk through Jones' shots and eventually KO him, or maybe Jones would use his reach and movement to keep Chuck at bay the entire time.

maybe....but probably not lol. then again glover kinda reminds me of chuck (big white dude that just throws bombs haha) so will see what happens

Prime Chuck got smashed by Rampage, twice - once in Pride and once in the UFC. Jones would destroy Chuck.

Yeah its not like you lose power trying to hit someone tall or anything.

Yeah, that extra two inches of height that Jones has on Liddell makes him unknockoutable.

The crap that gets posted here is unreal.

Jones isn't even standing up straight in that gif.

Liddell was taken down and pummeled by Rampage in his supposed prime. Then pummeled again. This ain't Jeremy Horn or Vernon White here.

(Looks at username). Sigh...

But anyways, Chuck definitely could have caught Jon, possibly even knocked him out, but Jones is all around a better MMArtist.

Similar to the way Jon beat Vitor up in the first round (minus the armbar). He would have immediately pushed Chuck to the cage & put him down. It doesn't matter how amazing your sprawl is whenever a wrestler like Jon pushes you against the fence.

Yeah, that extra two inches of height that Jones has on Liddell makes him unknockoutable.

The crap that gets posted here is unreal.

Jones isn't even standing up straight in that gif.

What do you expect when half of SD claim they're 6' and can take everyone in the lightweight division down :icon_chee

maybe....but probably not lol. then again glover kinda reminds me of chuck (big white dude that just throws bombs haha) so will see what happens

Glover doesn't have the chin that Chuck did though

Back