Calvillo vs Calderwood: post-fight exchange

It's also lame to say "I better not get robbed." If you do more, you don't have to worry about it.

On the other hand the UK is infamous for questionable hometown decisions so there's a decent chance of being robbed unless you've won a couple 10-8 rounds.

Calderwood isn't gonna winoff checking kicks. There were only 2 points in that fight where one clearly showed dominance and that was calvillo on the ground. The rest of the entire fight was even. Those two ground positions were in 2 different rounds so I give calvillo the win 29-28.

Jojo isnt wrong.... CC ran for about 12 of the 15 minutes she was supposed to be fighting

On the other hand the UK is infamous for questionable hometown decisions so there's a decent chance of being robbed unless you've won a couple 10-8 rounds.
thats ridiculous, the judges are always provided by the UFC..... its not like they use British judges for UK shows

Attempting to do something and doing something are very different, she did no damage at all to JOJO on the ground, an attempted sub should not be scored any higher than

$
If the round were ten seconds longer, JoJo was going out. It wasn't so much a failed attempt, but a saved by the bell moment, imo.

If you have your opponent in such a way that the sub is essentially locked in, and they're holding on by not tapping out, that still must count towards who won the round, same as a power punch that connects, but doesn't KO the opponent.

“I didn’t really have any names of people I want to fight next, but I haven’t heard completely what she’s been saying, but I hear Karate Hottie wasn’t saying positive things about me. Look, she can get it too if that’s what she wants. I’m certainly open to that idea. I’m willing to fight Karate Hottie next.”

Good, let Karate Hottie beat the shit out of her. Cavillo sucks.

Saltywood has now fully grown into her role in life as a Scot; gaining weight, whining about everything, doing nothing

next fight she'll be asking her opponent for 50p for the bus 'or else'

KO

I was initially a big fan of Jojo's but not anymore, just so unprofessional. Making excuses, accusing people of using PED's, whining, not making weight, etc. This isn't a kickboxing match and it isn't Rock Em Sock Em Robots, she has no obligation to stand right in front of you and let you kick her.

Jojo needs to STFU with all the noise and start improving her game because she's turning into a big bust.

Missed weight, didn't do shit during the fight and crying after the loss.

Meh fight. Get your fat ass to 125, JoJo. I wanna see those sweet spinning elbows at full power.

As for Calvillo, unimpressive. If she's so confident in her ground game, she should have taken down Calderwood early and gone for the finish early instead of doing the old "last minute, point scoring takedown" weak crap.

Waterson was right, Cynthia needs a couple more fights before she tries to dance with the top 5 contenders.

Do people really think Calderwood did much more than spam weak front kicks?

Still love her cute voice but no way she won the fight or got robbed.

Even in the second round Calvillo landed more meaningful strikes snapping JoJo's head back several times.

I thought being in her hometown crazy crowd and chomping at the bit for a fight for like 9 months she truly would of let shit go and come out throwing strikes with bad intentions ... nope weak pointfighting.

She should be. Calvillo won via 1 minute of dominant grappling + MMA judges not knowing how to score striking.
I get your point but seriously, Jojo didn't pull the trigger either. She ran out of resources and when she got the opportunity of landing on Calvillo she was the one that got punched.

this^^

She didn't even throw punches. She basically did nothing but chasing without attacking with solid strikes.

Sorry, gotta disagree. The only way Calderwood wins is under traditional Thai scoring where punches barely count unless they cause a knockdown. Calderwood had most of her kicks blocked or miss, and none of the ones that landed were hard or clean. She didn't break Calvillo's stance with her kicks, knock her backwards, or snap her head back, there was nothing really damaging. Calvillo on the other hand landed several punches that stopped JoJo in her tracks and snapped her head back, she landed the cleaner harder strikes in the fight.

I might give the 2nd round to JoJo if I were feeling generous, in the 1st & 3rd she was losing even without the takedowns. Weak kicks to the legs & body for no damage are outweighed by clean hard punches to the face that knock the head back and cause visible damage.

Just as I might have MT goggles on, you might be prioritizing head punches just a little too much ;)

I'll watch the fight again but on first viewing, my opinion is that the punches Calvillo landed were very few and the rest of her work (kicks, for ex.) was nowhere near as effective as Calderwood's.

Jojo reminds me of Yoshihiro Sato in her body mechanics: she is very loose, gangly, has an upright posture and her strikes are very compact - all these things make it so that people underrate the impact of the strikes. Yet both Sato and Calderwood have crumpled people with these innocuous looking shots. Little baby knees, teeps, short elbows. I don't know how many people even noticed the elbows she landed on Calvillo and appreciated how nasty they are.

Back