Calvillo vs Calderwood: post-fight exchange

Really getting sick of these fighters that think maintaining distance is "running".

Bruhhhh fight me on my strengths, why are you running!? Learn to cut off the cage you fucking idiots.

Last edited:
Look at the huge hematoma on Calderwood's forehead, blood coming out of her nose/mouth throughout the fight, Calvillo's untouched face other than a small cut and tell me who that fight in the striking department lol.

Judging a fight based on how the fighters faces look can be very wrong. Some people bleed/swell up faster and more than others especially if they have scar tissues that easily opens up. Doesnt mean their opponent actually did more damage. Anyway I thought calderwood won the last 2 rounds but both of them didnt land alot of significant stuff so I can see how calvillo got the dec. Jojo looks very good when she has an opponent that stands in front of her or back against the cage but she seems to have problems everytime she is fighting someone who has footwork and quickness. Also still needs some work on her TDD.

It was a close fight,mso for either of them to complain about a possible robbery is asinine.

Wait, are you telling me you can't win a fight by throwing blocked teep kicks the whole fight?

Jojo is overated as fuck, people are still waiting for a performance like when she elbowed that can in Invicta.

Her MO is pretty clear now.

A. Calvillo has the right not to engage Calderwood if she thinks appropriate. (But uncle Dana no like it.)

B. Calderwood has the option to either engage and risk being taken down or just sniper harmless kicks from miles away.

C. If both (A) and (B) are correct, the fight will suck and we will all lose. The decision will be highly volatile as anyone with a half assed punch might take the round. Probably both fighters will think they did, specially if they believe their corners.

that fight was much closer than a 30-27 how can you win rounds by out grappling someone in the last 30 seconds

She should be. Calvillo won via 1 minute of dominant grappling + MMA judges not knowing how to score striking.
JoJo spent half the fight throwing teeps at the air, she did nothing to deserve the win.

In the 1 minute Calvillo had her down, she did more than JoJo in the other 14 minutes of the fight.

it was a shit fight and Jojo should've pressed more to counter the backwards walking baby low kicks and a good punch here and there. It is what it is.

Joanne was moving forward but in a very defensive manner, Calvillo was the more aggressive fighter on the feet imo

WHAT? Calvillo dominated that fight.

Far from any domination in this fight. Uneventful fight with two hesitant fighters. Calvillo was clearly better on the ground but the stand-up, where most of the fight occurred, was very close.

JoJo did not win that fight. Get real, people.

I like her too but come on. Lol

She should be. Calvillo won via 1 minute of dominant grappling + MMA judges not knowing how to score striking.

I haven't seen the fight yet, but I'm hearing a lot that it's a bad decison, but the three websites I read play by play on all had it for Calvillo. I had 50 bucks on JoJo (paying 2.75 to 1, which is a hell of a line) and want to be pissed off, but this seems like a very contentious decision. It seems like most fighters had it for JoJo too. Super wierd one.

Can't wait to see it.

Funny how alpha male claim to hate Cruz so much but they had Calvillo carbon copy his tactics by floating around the octagon for 4-4 1/2 mins and then scoring a late takedown to steal the round.

They're absolute spoiler tactics, made to make a bad fight and keep the action as low as possible. She made it work but I find it lame as fuck personally.

Recorded this card, had that shit on fast forward during this fight.

Looked shit in triple time to

That's my take. I find it hard to give a fighter a round based on 30 sec where they dominated the grappling. A lot of people are pointing out that Calvillo nearly had the finish but the bottom line is that she didn't finish. Unless near finished subs are scored as highly as KDs, there is no way that 30 sec should give her the round. It was bogus sherbro-level judging.
i think there is a case for a narrow win for jojo if not for the final takedown, she landed more but calvillos were more effective in the judges eyes, if joanne had got a clinch towards the end of the 3rd and elbowed and kneed she would have negated any late takedowns.
she knew it was coming, yet could not stop it, bad fight iq lost her that fight.

Back