Brave woman makes a stand against misogyny

She's got bigger balls than most male politicians:)

I can understand the criticism feminists get for the hypocrisy of wearing the head scarf.

I just think it should be up to the woman or person.
If you want to wear it and sit in the corner like that Canadian politician that's fine. Up to her.
Le Pen not going to Lebanon because she doesn't want to wear a head scarf that is fine also.

They both obviously didn't do it because of any personal stand or opinion they solely did it for political gain.
Which is also fine.
You have the right to claim and say what you want.

But when your actions don't match up to your claims people have the the right to call you out on it.

It's pretty obvious between LePen and and that canadian who the real feminist is.

they're at work.
Male professionals have long figured out how to enjoy their work:
bc9e1c5342eea093b11ff76f34f07bff.jpg

Must be a difference between the sexes.

I think your point about customs is the best one in here. I mean i expect americans to take off their shoes when coming into my house. I wore a yamaka at a jewish bar mitzvah and wedding. However, does diplomatic meetings require people to follow customs they dont agree with?
I think we're in agreement here. Well, since you pointed out the obvious, which is something I have a bad habit of overlooking on occasion.

But to expand further - I imagine the meeting between LePen and this Mufti was set up in order to reach some sort of mutual understanding which would benefit both parties. In that context, demanding that one party submit themselves to anything that goes against their beliefs seems like starting off talks in bad faith at best. And actually seems like a power play, especially if the conversation is to be between equals.

So much for being conflicted.

Then what is it? Dressing modestly is a requirement from the Quran, but head coverings are not.

Well, in Iran they throw women in prison if they don't wear it.

Idk what the hell you call it, but at some point you cross the line from custom to law, and law to oppression.

Is it a custom to wear clothes in public? I think that's more than a custom, but I ain't no semantics-ician. Seems like a law for both women and men.

Idk what the hell you call it, but at some point you cross the line from custom to law, and law to oppression.

Is it a custom to wear clothes in public? I think that's more than a custom, but I ain't no semantics-ician. Seems like a law for both women and men.
Got it. Thought you were coming at this from a religous perspective.

In my house, women must remove their tops before entering.

If she's not of the Islamic faith, I applaud her decision not to cover up.

I wish all the female reporters doing stories in the middle east would do likewise, however it could prove a little scary for some women to say no.
Didn't michelle obama do this type of thing when meeting some muslims? They also didn't shake her hand too, all this in front of the president. No way i'd stand for that if it were my wife, shake her hand or piss off!

so you believe a women should not have the choice to wear a headscarf?
if by choice, you mean forced then hell no.

if they are choosing, w/ zero influence from males, to do so......that's weird as shit but I'd allow it

"unveil them chicks, could be some asses under there" - Jamie Foxx impersonating Slick Willy

bitches gotta wear the scarf to play chess
phpgaimi0.jpeg

CHESS!

Iran just expelled their own grandmaster for competing without a scarf

Iran fucked up, cuz she's a good looking nerd, and not some uggo

her younger brother is also banned cuz he played an israeli??? but he's a guy so who gives a fuck

also Americas own Chess Champ boycotted the competition cuz of the scarf
567760016_1280x720.jpg

Nazí Paikidze

Im a conservative trump supporter, but i think its right for women to wear the thing when they go to muslim countries. Its just about respect. I would like others to respect my religious beliefs too.
There's respect, and then there's allowing yourself to be oppressed by a backwards and archaic culture.

Based MLP is completely right to refuse their nonsense.

God she is alpha as fuck. Would smash.

The liberal press would do much better to praise her for this, while still objecting to other policies she is proposing. Instead they just pretend it didn't happen. Problem is the information will still get out there, and the press are left looking like the hypocrites they are. They don't gatekeep information anymore yet they act as though they do.

Hitler or Mother Theresa bro , no room for petty objectivity or nuance in the world.

Im a conservative trump supporter, but i think its right for women to wear the thing when they go to muslim countries. Its just about respect. I would like others to respect my religious beliefs too.
66942893.jpg

Back