Brave woman makes a stand against misogyny

Im a conservative trump supporter, but i think its right for women to wear the thing when they go to muslim countries. Its just about respect. I would like others to respect my religious beliefs too.

they don't respect you .. in fact they spit on your 'religion' wtf it may be .. she did right .. if they were in her country, they'd be demanding shit .. you keep giving in to these folks and soon everyone's wearing a head scarf and you'll be hearing prayer calls in every city

I think your point about customs is the best one in here. I mean i expect americans to take off their shoes when coming into my house. I wore a yamaka at a jewish bar mitzvah and wedding. However, does diplomatic meetings require people to follow customs they dont agree with?

do only women have to take off their shoes in your house?

In my house, women must remove their tops before entering.

all dogs must be modest.

e907cef71887c07e1c3fcd27037d78f2.jpg

and that girl should take her top off.

On one hand I applaud her for opting out of the dress code. On the other, she should abide by the customs of the place she's visiting.

If the meeting took place in France, let's say in a mosque, (here's looking at you Kathleen Wynne) then she would be 100% in the right. Seeing as that wasn't the case, I'm conflicted.

I disagree from the standpoint of that person is your guest. In my family we were always raised to comfort the guest and cater to them basically. It's how I've always felt when I invited people over to my house. I want them to feel comfortable. I think inviting people to your home and then forcing them to do things like this is rude and unwelcoming.

This is why I get slightly bothered by people who make you take your shoes off in their home. That is at least understandable because some people are rude about walking on other people's carpets with dirty shoes.

Male professionals have long figured out how to enjoy their work:
bc9e1c5342eea093b11ff76f34f07bff.jpg

Must be a difference between the sexes.

Guy in the bottom, right hand corner looks like a young Flea, from the Chili Peppers. And the guy on the far left, with the white button-down, looks like his chubby, older brother.

This is why I get slightly bothered by people who make you take your shoes off in their home. That is at least understandable because some people are rude about walking on other people's carpets with dirty shoes.

the most disgusting thing is to have shoes on YOUR carpet.

Thats a fair point -- and lebanon is not some crazy fanatical state. But at the same time, should diplomatic immunity include refusal of customs? `I think if it was just to speak on policy agenda and bilateral relations -- politcans should be allowed to go neutral

Does Le Pen have diplomatic immunity? I would assume that she traveled on an official passport rather than a diplomatic passport. Who knows, if she travled for her self and not for the French government, she may have arrived on her tourist passport.

Would diplomatic immunity be an issue in this instance? I doubt she would be concerned about getting arrested for not covering her hair. Was it even mentioned to her?

No such thing as a Lebanese mufti. He is some egyptian or yemeni or something who migrated there and stunk up the place.

Im a conservative trump supporter, but i think its right for women to wear the thing when they go to muslim countries. Its just about respect. I would like others to respect my religious beliefs too.

Perhaps in a historically muslim country. Lebanon has only been majority muslim for a generation. She may as well wear one in France if this is the definition of respect (pander to the swarm).

58ac0d99c36188a6538b4589.jpg

French right-wing presidential candidate Marine Le Pen has refused to wear a headscarf for a meeting with the Lebanese Grand Mufti. In her statement, Le Pen said she would not cover herself up and cancelled the encounter.

After arriving, Le Pen was asked to wear a headscarf, but refused. According to AFP, Le Pen was given a veil by Mufti’s aides.

“You can pass on my respects to the Grand Mufti, but I will not cover myself up,” Le Pen told reporters.

https://www.rt.com/news/378079-le-pen-headscarf-lebanon/

Good for her, this what we want to see. Now where are all the feminists, leftists and sjw's to congratulate and support her in this fight against the oppression and subjugation of women?

Sure that was an excellent show by her.

It probably does not become as black and white when you consider that claiming outsiders need to adapt to local customs is precisely her political stance.

As in 'when in Rome, do as the Romans do.'

Now that's what leading by example is.

She is presenting an example of an actual strong and independent woman instead of a screeching hag who believes they have no power over anything.

What is the reason that she is supposed to wear the head cover?

What is the actual religious or political belief that says she needs to cover her head and what is the reasoning behind it?

I think she was very brave in refusing, and a much better feminist role model than the leaders of moronic 'marches' for feminism that have no idea what they're marching for.

Interesting point. If the meeting is of a secular nature, then why involve anything related to religion? Also, I have no idea how far diplomatic immunity extends, so that's not something I can comment on, but one would think it would protect people from acting in a manner contrary to their beliefs.

Hmm. Maybe I'll revise my stance to exclude diplomats from the "when in Rome" rule. A rule I'm rather anal about due to the migrant crisis in Europe, and my firm belief that immigrants should aclimate to the host culture, and not the other way around.

Thanks for giving me an "out". Ha
If she's meeting a mufti I'd bet religion is related.
Well, in Iran they throw women in prison if they don't wear it.

Idk what the hell you call it, but at some point you cross the line from custom to law, and law to oppression.

Is it a custom to wear clothes in public? I think that's more than a custom, but I ain't no semantics-ician. Seems like a law for both women and men.
Pretty sure its not obligatory in Lebanon

Sure that was an excellent show by her.

It probably does not become as black and white when you consider that claiming outsiders need to adapt to local customs is precisely her political stance.

As in 'when in Rome, do as the Romans do.'

Not all customs are created equal;)

Rome>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mecca. And I speak as one who's ancestors were so violently anti-social Rome had to go Full Night's Watch just to keep them out.:D

Perhaps in a historically muslim country. Lebanon has only been majority muslim for a generation. She may as well wear one in France if this is the definition of respect (pander to the swarm).

I guess its just my nature not to be rude to peoples customs when i am in their country. For an example when i was in thailand i was supposed to dress a certain way when i saw the holy buddhist sights. Now i dont know shit about buddism but i would feel like a real jerkoff to disrepect that just cause it wasnt my own tradition.

If she's meeting a mufti I'd bet religion is related.

Pretty sure its not obligatory in Lebanon

Women wear bikinis in Lebanon. It was an attempt at a power play to see how far down the retard spectrum the west has gone and what they can get away with.

And unfortunately they can get away with a lot because of these moronic SJW media cry babies.

Sack the fuck up. Other countries are laughing their ass off at how weak the 'strongest country in the world' has become.

Not all customs are created equal;)

Rome>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mecca. And I speak as one who's ancestors were so violently anti-social Rome had to go Full Night's Watch just to keep them out.:D
Mecca>Istanbul>Miami>Cairo>NYC>Mosul>Boise>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Edinburgh

Mecca>Istanbul>Miami>Cairo>NYC>Mosul>Boise>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Edinburgh

Boise? Fucking Boise?!?!:eek::eek::mad:

You've gone too far this time, sir!:D

Back