Brave woman makes a stand against misogyny

Hard To Tell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
58ac0d99c36188a6538b4589.jpg

French right-wing presidential candidate Marine Le Pen has refused to wear a headscarf for a meeting with the Lebanese Grand Mufti. In her statement, Le Pen said she would not cover herself up and cancelled the encounter.

After arriving, Le Pen was asked to wear a headscarf, but refused. According to AFP, Le Pen was given a veil by Mufti’s aides.

“You can pass on my respects to the Grand Mufti, but I will not cover myself up,” Le Pen told reporters.

https://www.rt.com/news/378079-le-pen-headscarf-lebanon/

Good for her, this what we want to see. Now where are all the feminists, leftists and sjw's to congratulate and support her in this fight against the oppression and subjugation of women?

Good for her, this what we want to see. Now where are all the feminists, leftists and sjw's to congratulate and support her in this fight against the oppression and subjugation of women?

Refusing to put the most sexist possible shit on your head makes you a sexist and bigot

or something

so the opposite of the Canadian cuck officials

need more people like her, don't cowtow to savagery

Bravo. Forcing non-Muslims to wear the hijab is just as offensive as forcing Muslims to remove them.

Good, her right to choose what to wear or not wear.

On one hand I applaud her for opting out of the dress code. On the other, she should abide by the customs of the place she's visiting.

If the meeting took place in France, let's say in a mosque, (here's looking at you Kathleen Wynne) then she would be 100% in the right. Seeing as that wasn't the case, I'm conflicted.

On one hand I applaud her for opting out of the dress code. On the other, she should abide by the customs of the place she's visiting.

If the meeting took place in France, let's say in a mosque, (here's looking at you Kathleen Wynne) then she would be 100% in the right. Seeing as that wasn't the case, I'm conflicted.

That's a fair point. Although you could argue that while feminists here in The West like to complain about things like rape culture and the non-existent wage gap from the comfort and safety of their liberal bubbles, Le Pen was willing to go into the dragons den of oppression, misogyny and patriarchy and still stick to her principles. A true feminist hero;)

Last edited:

Thats a fair point -- and lebanon is not some crazy fanatical state. But at the same time, should diplomatic immunity include refusal of customs? `I think if it was just to speak on policy agenda and bilateral relations -- politcans should be allowed to go neutral

I don't know much about her, but moves like this are once step towards making France great again.

Why should someone breaking the law and refusing to assimilate into the culture be applauded?

I applaud her!

Meanwhile, the self-proclaimed feminist government of Sweden.

women-Swedish.jpg

Customs? Consider your word choice. That ain't a custom.

This is a very valid point...

Thats a fair point -- and lebanon is not some crazy fanatical state. But at the same time, should diplomatic immunity include refusal of customs? `I think if it was just to speak on policy agenda and bilateral relations -- politcans should be allowed to go neutral

Interesting point. If the meeting is of a secular nature, then why involve anything related to religion? Also, I have no idea how far diplomatic immunity extends, so that's not something I can comment on, but one would think it would protect people from acting in a manner contrary to their beliefs.

Hmm. Maybe I'll revise my stance to exclude diplomats from the "when in Rome" rule. A rule I'm rather anal about due to the migrant crisis in Europe, and my firm belief that immigrants should aclimate to the host culture, and not the other way around.

Thanks for giving me an "out". Ha

Im a conservative trump supporter, but i think its right for women to wear the thing when they go to muslim countries. Its just about respect. I would like others to respect my religious beliefs too.

Back