Bernie slams Nikki Haley, AKA writes a respectful letter of disagreement

Are you blessed more than the most divine richest Medieval kings?
I have a roof over my head, food to eat, a wife that loves me, and a job that pays the bills....much to be thankful for.

But that logic absolutely nothing is free. Ever has been or ever will be.

Technically you could say that is correct, but it makes the word totally meaningless/useless in context of cost and therefore I don't think you understand the word correctly.

Yea you're so right. The cops are free, fire department Is free, unless you don't see the direct cost it has to be free right? what a great bubble to live in.

No such things as free healthcare

Correct, but there is healthcare where you dont have to pay 500$/month and then wait until after youve spent 10,000$ for it to kick in. And everyone has this and you dont have to suck corporate cack to get it.

And? Because people at some point in time had dirt floor and a straw bed to sleep on we should count ourselves lucky we have more than that a hundred years later? Standards of living evolve, that's the whole fucking point of economic development, the baseline goes up up up. The frame of reference for me when I was growing up was that only rich kids had cell phones. Guess what? A kid who was born in 2001 doesn't know and cannot understand - and, much more importantly, doesn't need to understand - my frame of reference - they have their own, and they have their own baseline. Saying "someone in Somalia has it far worse" is the biggest load of bullshit ever used in an argument. It's not an argument. Somalia is not the frame of reference in the US. Poverty is not an absolute state - it's a state relative to the standard of living within a specific society. So it's unintelligent at best - and callous as fuck at worst - to state that just because we grew up with less than what kids have nowadays have, they somehow should count themselves lucky. It's bullshit.
Televisions and phones are also ridiculously cheap nowadays, which accounts for poor people having them more often.

Yea you're so right. The cops are free, fire department Is free, unless you don't see the direct cost it has to be free right? what a great bubble to live in.

Don't play dumb.

I've lived a large portion of my life in poverty. Feel free to fuck off next time you want to call me out on my ignorance, especially if your call out stems from ignorance.
If what you say is true at all, you might not be such a cunt about it, but I think you're lying just to lend credence to your dickish political philosophy.

If what you say is true at all, you might not be such a cunt about it, but I think you're lying just to lend credence to your dickish political philosophy.
Follow your own advice about cuntism and take this to heart- I don't give a fuck if you believe me or not. I grew up poor as shit.

What you think that poverty is so rare that all of us upper crust karate forum posters are immune to it? My mother worked at a chicken rendering plant when I was a kid. That was my family's source of income. I recall my mother being on strike to get 3.15 per hour.

Here's an interview with a woman my mother worked with about the place, she also was my librarian from high school.My mother worked here, same time, same jobs as described in this bit-

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/books/first/c/chatterley-content.html

I grew up in coastal Maine. In my mothers time, when you got out of school, you worked at one of the local food production facilities like everyone else did, everyone was poor and everyone was on equal footing.

If you've followed my posts history at all, which your tone seems to imply you are familiar with it, you'd know that the fact that I've built myself up on my own with no assistance in my adult life is something I take pride in. This isn't the first time I've mentioned it. I just don't whine about it and use it as an excuse to be a failure.

Follow your own advice about cuntism and take this to heart- I don't give a fuck if you believe me or not. I grew up poor as shit.
Huh. I still say it's homespun bullshit to couch your philosophy in a rosy absence of questionability.

You don't sound poor is a compliment around here

Huh. I still say it's homespun bullshit to couch your philosophy in a rosy absence of questionability.

You don't sound poor is a compliment around here
I'm not poor now.

But either way, in the future, choose to believe me or not but please remember no one is looking for your validation. If you want to argue my points, feel free but my childhood is my childhood. Its well known I live in rural Maine, go ahead and look up how rich our communities were in the late 70s early 80s. Let me know of all the great opportunities for single moms with a high school education there were back then. Yeah, what an outlandish idea that someone from Maine was poor in the 80s.

Of all the things I could say about myself, growing up poor isn't one I thought I'd be accused of making up for stature.

I'm not poor now.

But either way, in the future, choose to believe me or not but please remember no one is looking for your validation. If you want to argue my points, feel free but my childhood is my childhood. Its well known I live in rural Maine, go ahead and look up how rich our communities were in the late 70s early 80s. Let me know of all the great opportunities for single moms with a high school education there were back then. Yeah, what an outlandish idea that someone from Maine was poor in the 80s.

Of all the things I could say about myself, growing up poor isn't one I thought I'd be accused of making up for stature.
You know, I'd weep for your impoverished upbringing, but I'm not inclined towards crying for people who have less. I too was raised in a one room shack on the condemned side of Ogdenville, this is well known.

Extreme poverty in america is not being able to get an i phone 10. The UN is a joke.

Televisions and phones are also ridiculously cheap nowadays, which accounts for poor people having them more often.
Exactly! On my trips to Africa and now I’m speaking about really rural areas. There are huge billboards on every dirt road that showcases advertising’s for phones, coke and alcohol.

They may not own iPhone X but rest assure that their lady friends now that the fly oyibo is back again!

What you think that poverty is so rare that all of us upper crust karate forum posters are immune to it? My mother worked at a chicken rendering plant when I was a kid. That was my family's source of income. I recall my mother being on strike to get 3.15 per hour.

Here's an interview with a woman my mother worked with about the place, she also was my librarian from high school.My mother worked here, same time, same jobs as described in this bit-

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/books/first/c/chatterley-content.html

I grew up in coastal Maine. In my mothers time, when you got out of school, you worked at one of the local food production facilities like everyone else did, everyone was poor and everyone was on equal footing.

If you've followed my posts history at all, which your tone seems to imply you are familiar with it, you'd know that the fact that I've built myself up on my own with no assistance in my adult life is something I take pride in. This isn't the first time I've mentioned it. I just don't whine about it and use it as an excuse to be a failure.

Actually, you didnt have it that bad. MIright?

No, you just don't seem that bright and are arguing with me using talking points that are irrelevant.

Good day.

To be fair, you have yet to qualify what you meant by the UN stepping into our economy via studying of our poverty metrics.

There's an article out now saying Murka is withdrawing from the UN because the UN is casting light on the poverty there.

UN rapporteur: 'i think I was being sent a message"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-poverty-in-america-could-have-consequences/

I don't know why any citizen wouldn't welcome an investigation/ report on poverty in the US.

Also, and I haven't read your article yet, but this isn't the first time the US has pulled out of the Human Rights Council.

Back