Elections Nikki Haley confused about cause of the civil war

lyotopiss2.jpg

I already did.

Why are you still acting outraged when Haley gave you the explicit answer that you demanded be verbalized? Feel cheated out of the opportunity to perform?
You did not reply to me. You made some random comment about dogwhistles. What exactly is your response to what you were questioned on?

You don't need google to know what the cause of the Civil War was about. It is the easiest answer and question anyone could ask her.
The answer is simple, everyone should know it. The answer is slavery. The US Government recognized that the US could not progress and modernize, nor freely trade with Europe without first preventing the expansion of slavery into the West, ultimately ending slavery, and beginning to guarantee some modicum of civil liberties to black Americans. Southern slave States found these notions so reprehensible they tried to form an entirely different Country, and immediately declared War on the United States. This is not complicated. Its not controversial. They proudly declared it. Black people were property, were inferior, and were meant to be slaves. More than one State's Article of Confederation even asserted that GOD deemed this so.

The level of either ignorance, or willful avoidance displayed by Nikki Haley here is comically absurd, so egregious even Trump could avoid it. He'd have at least said some slick sh*t like "Yes the Civil War, very bad, very unfortunate. A lot of people say the it was caused by slavery, and some think it was State's rights! Everyone should have rights, rights are the oranges...the oranges...you know the beginning of all the freedoms!"

He or his handlers would have made sure no one could say he didnt mention slavery. Haley is just a racist or a coward, or both.

It's like asking someone what WWII was about and someone saying "Jews". Both wars were a lot more complicated than a one word answer. Just merely saying that slavery was the cause of the civil war is a bit misleading because that leads people to believe that the north waged a war against the south to merely free the slaves for humanitarian reasons. We know it wasn't quite like that but luckily it freed them from that bullshit life.

Sinister, that's great if you can spout that off at a moment's notice and while the war was still more complicated than that, I wouldn't expect a normal person to be able to give such an expansive answer to that question unless they really had a serious interest in the war. If you walked around the streets and asked people, they'd probably say something about freeing the slaves being the reason for the war but that doesn't quite cover what the war, nor the motives for the war were really about if we're talking about freeing them for straight humanitarian reasons.

I'd expect more from Haley since politicians should know more about US history but do I think she's avoiding the word because it bothers right wing voters? No. I've never met a right wing voter in my life who was for slavery or offended if someone mentioned that the civil war was about slavery. It's just weird and doesn't make sense to think that avoiding the word slavery is somehow making you look better to right wingers. Logically it doesn't add up to me.

It's like asking someone what WWII was about and someone saying "Jews". Both wars were a lot more complicated than a one word answer. Just merely saying that slavery was the cause of the civil war is a bit misleading because that leads people to believe that the north waged a war against the south to merely free the slaves for humanitarian reasons. We know it wasn't quite like that but luckily it freed them from that bullshit life.

Sinister, that's great if you can spout that off at a moment's notice and while the war was still more complicated than that, I wouldn't expect a normal person to be able to give such an expansive answer to that question unless they really had a serious interest in the war. If you walked around the streets and asked people, they'd probably say something about freeing the slaves being the reason for the war but that doesn't quite cover what the war, nor the motives for the war were really about if we're talking about freeing them for straight humanitarian reasons.

I'd expect more from Haley since politicians should know more about US history but do I think she's avoiding the word because it bothers right wing voters? No. I've never met a right wing voter in my life who was for slavery or offended if someone mentioned that the civil war was about slavery. It's just weird and doesn't make sense to think that avoiding the word slavery is somehow making you look better to right wingers. Logically it doesn't add up to me.

No, its not more complicated. I supplied literal statements from Articles of Confederation. Every Confederate State DECLARED WAR over the threat to the continuation of SLAVERY.

The reason most people cannot spout off what I did is because our education system sucks, particularly because schools allowed pissy parents whose kids decried the horrors of slavery to dictate cuts to curriculum to sanitize US History, and that's BEFORE such whitewashing of History was a wider political contention as it is now.

It wasn't luck that freed the slaves, it was the immense political genius of Lincoln, and others, at a time when it was extremely politically inconvenient to do so.

Honestly, the war "wasn't more complicated than that." The southern states (read their war declaration letters) seceded because of the threats to their abilities to enslave people.

He supported the McMichaels and even doubled down after the video clearly showed them murdering Arbery.

Imagine supporting the assailants of crime so heinous that it made Republicans in Georgia pass hate crime legislation.

This is par for the course for him.

His response to Arbery shooting was insane. I remember he was arguing with me because I said the McMichaels parking their trucks in both lanes and posting up across the road he was running down wielding guns was an attempt by them to roadblock/entrap him and for some reason mick couldn’t accept that.

Of course they were found guilty of attempted kidnapping because everyone else with eyeballs saw it for what it was.

Ahh yes the trope of associating "Patriotism" with people who favor "exceptionalism" and blatantly avoid openly stating a horrible practice used to form the exceptional Country so hard their answer distinctly lacks grace and dignity, all because its viewed by some of her base as a bad political move
Anyone who doesn't want their country to be exceptional is no patriot, and most likely they are some kind of tattoo riddled degenerate. She didn't give them the answer they wanted because she saw the game being played and acted accordingly.

Anyone who doesn't want their country to be exceptional is no patriot, and most likely they are some kind of tattoo riddled degenerate. She didn't give them the answer they wanted because she saw the game being played and acted accordingly.
<YeahOKJen>

No, patriotism and exceptionalism are not synonymous. The tattoo riddled degenerated nowadays ARE the exceptionalists.

She didn't give THE answer, because of the feelings of those degenerates.

Last edited:
Just merely saying that slavery was the cause of the civil war is a bit misleading because that leads people to believe that the north waged a war against the south to merely free the slaves for humanitarian reasons. We know it wasn't quite like that but luckily it freed them from that bullshit life.

Your post is what is misleading, the north didnt initiate the war.

Pretty sure wishing something were true is quite different than it being true. You think people don't want to live in an exceptional country?

Unrelated Fun fact: the company known as Raytheon was founded on July 7, 1922 in
Cambridge, Massachusetts.

But WW2 wasn't just about Jewish people. So the comparison is not apt. The US didn't get into WW2 because of Jewish people, it got in because of Pearl Harbor. The Brits and Russians didn't fight the Nazis because of Jewish people either.

WW2 was a global war, while the US civil war was just that. WW2 had many different nations with their own reasons.

But WW2 wasn't just about Jewish people. So the comparison is not apt. The US didn't get into WW2 because of Jewish people, it got in because of Pearl Harbor. The Brits and Russians didn't fight the Nazis because of Jewish people either.

WW2 was a global war, while the US civil war was just that. WW2 had many different nations with their own reasons.

gonna take a liine out of nikki haley's book and say that the usa entered WW2 not because of pearl harbor but because of states rights!

shit it probably wouldnt be that far from the truth hey? i mean pearl harbor probably wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for all the embargoes that america placed on them during their war with china, which arguably drove them to war.

i dont know what japan was thinking with such a bold strategy.

Last edited:
she is right..do you really think in 17th century young man went to war to die to free a slave.military then was like today a tool to have steady pay check and in 17th century it was military or farm to make money.hollywood really skewed the picture of civil war and not just civil war but slavery it self and some world history too

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back