Benson Henderson: "UFC decided to make it official, I'm a start calling them the NBA"

Wonder who will be the first to rock a 'Canadian Tuxedo'

tumblr_kpfqx3mv8Y1qa2pqoo1_500.jpg
LcLFt.png

At least the UFC's new rules don't affect Bendo fighting with a toothpick in his mouth.

Who cares? It's a press conference that few people see and those few people are the ones that spend all day on an MMA forum arguing about anything they can bitch about.

Doesn't mean Benson doesn't look like shit standing next to Frankie and Lorenzo.

I want someone to rip off that fucking annoying ponytail and shove it up his ass.

Most jobs ban sandals because of the perceived health risks. I guess the UFC can't use that excuse though. I'm definitely OK with this. The UFC needs to encourage their guys to dress up. I'm sure if a champ or challenger called Dana or Lorenzo and said they couldn't afford a nice suit, those guys would pick up the bill for them to get a custom suit done up.

Even just a button up and nice jeans can do wonders for your image.

Doesn't mean Benson doesn't look like shit standing next to Frankie and Lorenzo.

There are many that would argue that Frank and Lorenzo are the one who look silly by comparison. Not counting myself among them, just offering perspective.

Inb4 some moron says "omg they're just fighters!!!" after MMA has spent the last 2 decades trying to prove its not just a sanctioned street fight.

Oh am I too late?

or he's just joshing you. The dude did end his post with a fucking Braveheart quote.

So did Thales Leites before his fight with Silva.

Dress code is still pretty relaxed; when I was reading it I expected to read something about acceptable hair length because it's from Bendo.

No sandals - he'll live, he just won't live well...

Outstanding. The UFC is just trying to project a professional image.

Jeans and sneakers are hardly a demanding way to show a "professional" image. It's more trying to project an "I didn't just get back from an STS9 concert/Nick Diaz's house" image.

There are many that would argue that Frank and Lorenzo are the one who look silly by comparison. Not counting myself among them, just offering perspective.
Those people eat Hot Pockets for dinner

while watching the UFC.

And there are many that would argue that the Sun is the one true God. The social norm is that Bendo should have worn a suit. Frank is a billionaire at an official company press event. He HAS to wear a suit. They is no question about it. In our society at this time, he would look silly and unprofessional without a suit.

Now, because Frankie matched Franks dress code with a suit of his own, social norms say that Bendo should have worn a suit as well, and that he is the one who looks silly without one. He might not have known Frankie was going to wear a suit, but that is irrelevant. Bendo is the one who looks silly, and any argument to the contrary is ignorant to the idea of social norms.

Back