Benson Henderson: "UFC decided to make it official, I'm a start calling them the NBA"

theycallitMurda

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
From his Facebook:

Mwahahaha!!! Guess @ufc decided to make it official...I'm a start calling them the NBA...guess it's one thing to be encouraged to do or dress one way & entirely another thing to be told to do or dress one way...

“Per Jackie, effective immediately, fighters and talent traveling on press tours and PR/marketing-related appearances are no longer permitted to wear shorts or flip flops. Jeans are acceptable and shoes are a must.”

Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna dress how my employers want but doesn't mean I gotta be happy about it..."Don't let the man hold you down" "Fight the power" "You can take my life but you can never take my FREEDOM!!!"

Fuck sandals.

Last edited:
Suck it up Bendo, they pay you better than any other job you can get. Just be glad you don't have to wear a suit like some of us.

Oh boo hoo
I gotta dress like an adult when at an official company fuinction

Professional
michael-jordan.jpg

Scrub
iverson-3.jpg

Stern's dress code stated that all players must dress in business or conservative attire while arriving and departing during a scheduled game, on the bench while injured, and when conducting official NBA business (press interviews, charity events, etc.). The new dress code banned fashions most often associated with hip-hop culture, specifically: Hardwood Classics jerseys (or any other jersey), jeans, hats, do-rags, t-shirts, large jewelry, sneakers and Timberland style boots.

This particular clothing is not allowed to be worn by players to interviews, games (on and off the bench), charity events, or any other occasion affiliated with the NBA or the NBDL. Violators of the dress code are fined and may be suspended with repeat offenses. The dress code was developed with the intention of combating image problems that have plagued the NBA in recent history.

Guess the UFC is cracking down on image during UFC events like the NBA ^ did.

"Fight the power" with sandals.

They want you to look some what professional since you're a professional fighter.
I agree with it.

no not jeans, they have to wear jeans what's next sleeves?

poor Baby... it must be tough for him.. I hope he gets through these troubling times

This should be all the UFC needs to get that New York sanctioning and mainstream media respect. About time.

I think Bendo is just worried that this might lead to one day UFC asking him to cut his hair :p

I can't wait to see Roy Nelson do an open workout in a suit

Who cares? It's a press conference that few people see and those few people are the ones that spend all day on an MMA forum arguing about anything they can bitch about.

"Fight the power" with sandals.

They want you to look some what professional since you're a professional fighter.
I agree with it.

Agreed. Is it really that taxing to spend a little less on tattoos and buy a decent tailored suit? Hell jeans and sneakers are acceptable. C'mon.

Could have a job with his name on his shirt...and not in the sponsored way.

Outstanding. The UFC is just trying to project a professional image.

What's stupid is he's complaining about having to wear sneakers and pants. :| Seriously? It's not like they're making him wear suits. The NBA's guidelines are way stricter.

I do wonder why they implemented this though. The NBA did theirs because they had(have) an image of a league full of "thugs"(which is funny since NBA players are probably the softest in the major sports) so they tried to go away from hip hop fashion to get middle American white people to not turn away from the game.

i like it because it's a sport that requires you to wear shorts and no shoes are a must

Back