Benson Henderson: "UFC decided to make it official, I'm a start calling them the NBA"

i can't wear shorts or sandals to work either. quit cryin'

Independent contractors shouldn't be told how to dress

Why?

Should Security Guards who are contracted not be forced to wear certain uniforms?
Should Lawyers be allowed to show up to court in a stupid graphic tee saying "fuck the police"?
Should a limousine driver wear shorts and a t-shirt?

You offer no reasoning behind your opinion, just an opinion which follows no logic.

Lol at all the sherdog tough guys. Its always the same, you tell him to man up or stop complaining...whilst you are acting like a girl and complaining. Good stuff

BendoEdgar144_display_image.jpg

Guy in the middle is on PEDs

And there are many that would argue that the Sun is the one true God. The social norm is that Bendo should have worn a suit. Frank is a billionaire at an official company press event. He HAS to wear a suit. They is no question about it. In our society at this time, he would look silly and unprofessional without a suit.

Now, because Frankie matched Franks dress code with a suit of his own, social norms say that Bendo should have worn a suit as well, and that he is the one who looks silly without one. He might not have known Frankie was going to wear a suit, but that is irrelevant. Bendo is the one who looks silly, and any argument to the contrary is ignorant to the idea of social norms.

brb rereading Thoreau

Why?

Should Security Guards who are contracted not be forced to wear certain uniforms?
Should Lawyers be allowed to show up to court in a stupid graphic tee saying "fuck the police"?
Should a limousine driver wear shorts and a t-shirt?

You offer no reasoning behind your opinion, just an opinion which follows no logic.

Because you're not really independent if you're being told how to dress for business.

No they shouldn't.
Yes they should, as long as such a shirt is legal.
Yes.

He doesn't put on any performances, so they aren't PEDs. They are just drugs.

Just because he's not competing in a sport doesn't mean he's not putting on any performances. You offer no evidence to backup your opinion that these drugs aren't enhancing his performances in other avenues of his life.

If Benson doesn't like it he could always leave to Bellator over it when his contract is up. If enough UFC guys do that it's going to cause some changes on Zuffa's philosophy.

Personally I don't expect to see fighters in formal wear. All I care about is how they fight.

I laugh at all these people stating being professional is part of the game, are you serious?

I mean i despise people in suits, most of them are assholes the step on everyone or everything to get to where they are, a suit is what you think of when it comes to corporations, it is what you think of when it comes to politicians and lawyers.

I mean come on these guys are fighters, if they want to wear a suit let them , if they dont who cares....i think its a very stupid requirement of any athlete to be made to wear a suit etc just to look professional.

But i do think its a bit much to complain over sandals and shorts, I mean some restaurants wont serve you with those on. Jeans is definitely not being forced to give up freedom.

IMO when i see some fighter who came from nothing and made a great living from fighting....wearing a suit it reminds me of a pet monkey wearing a suit for show thats owned by some SOB that will never treat that monkey as his equal, suit or not.

Good, about time. These guys look like bums most of the time its embarassing.
GSP, Rashad started to class it up.

Make benson do all his fights in canada and sweden in the winter. We will see how much he likes shorts and sandals then.

Who cares either way? It's a fucking dress code. This is news?

I think the real question here is if they are going to have to wear tear away stripper suits to the Octagon.

Just because he's not competing in a sport doesn't mean he's not putting on any performances. You offer no evidence to backup your opinion that these drugs aren't enhancing his performances in other avenues of his life.

It isn't an opinion, it is a fact. Can you provide me with evidence to the contrary? There is no evidence of him performing, so there is no evidence I can provide. That is like asking to provide evidence that Dinosaurs couldn't speak English. They didn't, but I can provide evidence on that, we just know they didn't.

Back