Ben Askrin. UFC betrayed fans not signing him.

Meh

If i wanted to complain about them not signing someone - it was Fedor, after that fuck up I don't really care.
True, was it not Fedor that just didn't want to sign with these losers at WME-IMG?

Ufc did something good for once

In the future people will ask, "who was Ben askren" and you'd reply "I don't know son"

True, was it not Fedor that just didn't want to sign with these losers at WME-IMG?
Well Im talking about not signing Fedor in 2008.

Not the recent time they tired to sign him. Actually wanted to see the final prime years of Fedor against Couture, Lesnar, Mir, Carwin etc

Meh

If i wanted to complain about them not signing someone - it was Fedor, after that fuck up I don't really care.

Yeah but Fedor left everything up to his manager and they would only do it if M-1 co promoted with the UFC lol,like that would have happened.Has little to do with Fedor (besides him being an idiot leaving his career 100% in his managers hands) and little to do with the UFC as they couldn't agree to the ridiculous demands.Not sure why fans put this on the UFC or Fedor,if anything it's Fedor's fault.

As far as Ben Askren yeah that sucked because I want to see the best guys signed and Dana White was a total cock.

Whatever your opinion of his fighting style he has been dominant outside the UFC long enough to have deserved a run
The UFC was interested, Askren publicly said in an interview he told a UFC exec he had no interest in the UFC.

I dont know the specifics behind why they wouldn't sign Askren but ima assume it has to do with $$
Bjorn was playing games and Askren jumped on board and played them with him. The UFC was 100% sure to not sign Askren based on what Ben and Bjorn did. Since then Askren has said he has no interest in the UFC, so I imagine it was his plan all along, use the UFC to get a better deal somewhere else.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think it's a shame we were never able to see him against UFC level competition. But I don't find his dominant wrestling game boring.

Meh

The UFC offered Fedor the best contract in UFC history. M-1 said they wanted to co-promote, UFC offered limited co-promotion, which is crazy they even offered that. M-1 wanted 50-50 promotion, as in they did not want Fedor to really be in the UFC they wanted it to be a UFC vs M-1 type deal. NEVER going to happen.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think it's a shame we were never able to see him against UFC level competition. But I don't find his dominant wrestling game boring.
I agree, but I think Askren never wanted any part of the UFC.

The UFC offered Fedor the best contract in UFC history. M-1 said they wanted to co-promote, UFC offered limited co-promotion, which is crazy they even offered that. M-1 wanted 50-50 promotion, as in they did not want Fedor to really be in the UFC they wanted it to be a UFC vs M-1 type deal. NEVER going to happen.
I know, I know.

M1 were never going to let their cash cow float down the river - I can still moan about it though.

UFC flew him out to Vegas and low balled him, basically to fuck with him face to face. Of course he took a better offer in ONE and it worked out great for the man. Congrats on a successful career and walking away from MMA with your body intact and undefeated.

Last edited:
You replied to your own post and agreed with it. Odd ... WME-IMG had nothing to do with the UFC back then.
Your right, i guess i meant the Fertittas or whoever was running the show. My apologies m8

Ducked by a whole organization. If Dana truly believed he wasn’t all that, he would’ve signed him and let his “bad motherfuckers” prove it...but he didn’t trust his boys and was scared shitless of Askren. He passed on Ben for the same reason Bellator passed on re-upping with him. He dominated the fighters they wanted to rise to the top. Lol...Robbie Lawler is a clean sweep for Askren

He knew the shills don’t know the difference

ya think? be interesting to see...You could be right...I think shields has out wrestled better competition...when you can dominate maia, that's saying something...well, he beat him..
Straight wrestling Ben rapes Shields any way he wants. MMA grappling Shields is crazy good.

I agree, but I think Askren never wanted any part of the UFC.
Yeah, that may be true. I've never dug into the dealings in detail. Still had a pretty decent career for himself outside the UFC. It's good that top level fighters potentially have other options.

Back