Ben Askrin. UFC betrayed fans not signing him.

Talk about what might have been. I wanted to know how he would have done.
Such a big fan, eh?

Considering you are a fan and don’t know enough about him to spell his name, it’s safe to say the overall fan base is pretty small...

Thats why he dominated Koreshkov in a title fight. Landing 248 strikes to 1. You dont know what you're watching or just parroting the other sheep.
Oh yes, the mighty Koreshkov. He beat Ben Henderson dontcha know! Askren's career highlight requires extensive MMAth explanation involving a journeyman and a washed up guy from a lower weight class.

Oh yes, the mighty Koreshkov. He beat Ben Henderson dontcha know! Askren's career highlight requires extensive MMAth explanation involving a joirneyman and a washed up guy from a lower weight class.
That fight was over 4 years ago, Koreshkov would win today.

Honestly, I agree with him. It's sad to think we might never see him and GSP fight. He's the only top-ranked WW from the same era that GSP didn't beat.

Couldn't care less, there's at least 10 fighters i wish UFC had signed instead of this boring crybaby

Fedor, Kharitonov, Cosmo Alexandre, Manhoef, Mamed Khalidov, Shinya Aoki, Storm Alexander, Bibiano Fernandes..

Who da fook is Ben Askrin?

<FookIsThatGuy>

Thats why he dominated Koreshkov in a title fight. Landing 248 strikes to 1. Finished 6 of his last 8 fights by KO or Sub.

You dont know what you're watching or just parroting the other sheep.
Dominant Fight =/= Exciting Fight automatically.

I love how people are mad at the UFC for not overpaying Askren, when Bellator didn't fight one second to keep their champion. It's not about Dana and the UFC, nobody wanted him at the price he was asking. I don't know what One FC's ratings look like, but I doubt he brought them much.

Oh yes, the mighty Koreshkov. He beat Ben Henderson dontcha know! Askren's career highlight requires extensive MMAth explanation involving a joirneyman and a washed up guy from a lower weight class.
Yeah Ben Henderson who beat Masvidal, Cerrone, Nate Diaz, Frankie Edgar, Freire... Koreshkov has only lost to 2 fighters in his career. Askren's career doesnt involve any "MMAth" He never ducked a fighter, never cheated, and who is this washed up journeyman and lower weight class fighter you think he made a name off of?

If you say Luis Santos, I know your a noob.

Last edited:
He made a career without the UFC. He chose to be the biggest fish in a small pond. Beyond that it's tough to tell.

He has one of the most fluid and dynamic ground game in the history of the sport. Haters gonna hate.

Would like to see Askrin vs Johnny Hendricks...

In an eating contest!

Why do you hate Askren?

I don’t mate... Just having some fun.

There were lots of matchups we never got to see with Askrin because Dana is an asshole and Askrin was unwilling to work his way up.

I don’t mate... Just having some fun.

There were lots of matchups we never got to see with Askrin because Dana is an asshole and Askrin was unwilling to work his way up.
Ben let himself be drawn into a pissing contest between Bellator and the UFC. Him willingly doing it makes me think he never wanted to fight in the UFC as it literally ensured he would not.

After Ben left BFC Dana said they were interested in Ben and Ben told him to fuck off and publicly stated he told a UFC exec he had no interest in the UFC.

Ben was good, but not great, he wanted to be the big fish in a small pond as it was better for his career and wallet.

Talk about what might have been. I wanted to know how he would have done.

He probably would have done slightly worse than jake shields...both have extremely good wrestling...but I feel shields has slightly better standup than askrin...I know that's not saying much...but askrin has absolutely no standup...so he would have done well...just not top 3...in my opinion.

No they didn't. I've seen him fight and we're not missing anything at all.

Back