Ben Askrin. UFC betrayed fans not signing him.

Go watch his fights to see what he could have been. He's a very poor fighter and most likely wouldn't have been able to survive in the UFC.

I think he was slightly less than jake shields...I think his wrestling was on par with jake's..but his standup was a bit less...so he would have done pretty well....if he came over right now, He might have more problems...cause guys are getting so good at tdd...but if he would have come over a few years back, he might have done well...never champion or even top 3...maybe top 5-10

He probably would have done slightly worse than jake shields...both have extremely good wrestling...but I feel shields has slightly better standup than askrin...I know that's not saying much...but askrin has absolutely no standup...so he would have done well...just not top 3...in my opinion.
I think Shields outgrapples him 19/20 times.

Yeah Ben Henderson who beat Masvidal, Cerrone, Nate Diaz, Frankie Edgar
Yeah Ben Henderson was a good fighter, we all know this. What's hilarious is that you're arguing about how good Ben Henderson was in order to legitimise Ben Askren's career because they share a common opponent. If Askren had actually achieved anything in his career, you wouldn't need to do that.

He would have been a nothing. The dude is insanely overrated. His best win was a Split Decision over Jay Hieron (which I thought Hieron actually won).

I have never understood this hype

Yeah Ben Henderson was a good fighter, we all know this. What's hilarious is that you're arguing about how good Ben Henderson was in order to legitimise Ben Askren's career because they share a common opponent. If Askren had actually achieved anything in his career, you wouldn't need to do that.
No Im not, you brought him up when you tried to downplay Koreshkov, dumbass. I had to clarify your stupid remarks. Ben's accomplishments speak for them self. People like you want to throw shade on his successes. #UNDEFEATED

askren was a the time an undefeated bellator champion,an olympian and a ncaa champion
we saw worst in the ufc, the ufc were assholes to treat him like that for no reason
cm punk got a shot
alot of women in the ufc aren t skilled and are just boring
he deseved a shot , he even proposed to fight for free,shields,fitch,okami all got successfull ufc careers, i can t see why askren would have failed

askren was a the time an undefeated bellator champion,an olympian and a ncaa champion
And Bellator let him walk, and never even hinted at trying to get him back.

That speaks far more loudly about him than the UFC not signing him.

He for sure would have won some fights, but he never would have been a champion.

And Bellator let him walk, and never even hinted at trying to get him back.

That speaks far more loudly about him than the UFC not signing him.

because he made it clear he wanted to go to the ufc?
his contract was over , everybody was sure he would become a ufc fighter very quick, the ufc said no ,then he decided to go where they paid the most

Thats why he dominated Koreshkov in a title fight. Landing 248 strikes to 1. Finished 6 of his last 8 fights by KO or Sub.

You dont know what you're watching or just parroting the other sheep.
Yeah, he suddenly started finishing fights when he was fighting sub par competition. Whoop de doo.

I love how people are mad at the UFC for not overpaying Askren, when Bellator didn't fight one second to keep their champion. It's not about Dana and the UFC, nobody wanted him at the price he was asking. I don't know what One FC's ratings look like, but I doubt he brought them much.

He doesn't help their ratings. They only signed him because they thought signing an undefeated champ from the west would boost their image, which it ended up not doing.

Watch his fight with Jay Hieron and tell me all about how betrayed we were. Askren was never my friend.
Lots of top fighters have looked mediocre against journeymen... Conor - Diaz, Jones-OSP, Mighty Mouse-Uncle creepy...askren is still world class

He talked all that shit about being willing to fight for free only to complain later about not getting paid and Dana being a tyrant... makes you think he didn't want to fight in the UFC

Yeah, he suddenly started finishing fights when he was fighting sub par competition. Whoop de doo.

He doesn't help their ratings. They only signed him because they thought signing an undefeated champ from the west would boost their image, which it ended up not doing.
His last 2 fights in Bellator (title defenses) where finishes. I get it that you are a ONE Champship detractor but get your shit together man. They are giving him a VP position after he retires.

Last edited:
because he made it clear he wanted to go to the ufc?
his contract was over , everybody was sure he would become a ufc fighter very quick, the ufc said no ,then he decided to go where they paid the most
Or Bellator got tired of him putting people to sleep too, and were glad to see him go.

Not even Coker, a promoter who makes an effort to sign almost any fighter, hasn't even tried to get Askren.

Or Bellator got tired of him putting people to sleep too, and were glad to see him go.

Not even Coker, a promoter who makes an effort to sign almost any fighter, hasn't even tried to get Askren.
You're an idiot. Coker became part of Bellator after Askren went to ONE FC. Askren said he'd retire 3 fights ago.

His last 2 fights in Bellator (title defenses) where finishes. I get it that you are a ONE Champship detractor but get your shit together man. They are giving him a VP position after he retires.

So he'll be a PR face with no real job, like Rich Franklin? Yeah, Liddel and Hughes had jobs just like that. :rolleyes:

Yeah it always sucks when the UFC doesn't sign fighters that are so dominant outside of the UFC. Now it's more and more common, the UFC doesn't necessary have all the best fighters anymore. But at the time of Askrens free agency that wasn't the case.

Back